[ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
re: [ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

A new kernel already? Enormous thumbs up, man!

Also I have fooled someone thinking that this was a mini iphone as I used QQlauncher and had this running as smooth as silk. I'll be installing this on my sister's optimus and she'll probably fall in love with this phone as well.

Also FWIW I did have one anomaly involving setcpu forgetting my settings and defaulting to interactive when I set it to smartassv2. However I feel this is less likely to deal with the rom than the app itself. I'll continue testing.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey, tvall, I'm trying the new kernel out and without having run my full tests I can already tell the new compiler is helping. Initial impressions are the new kernel is outperforming mgr666's. I'll run it for a few days and let you know, but so far I'm impressed! :thumbup:

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tvall

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
In terms of smoothness responsiveness and performance, your magpie rom is excellent. Also trying to use my device as much as possible in a day to see how much the battery can take on this rom, from constantly being online and using Google Voice and listening to my music and navigating with Maps and keeping my display on most of the day and keeping the brightness set to halfway, this rom still ends up with at least 30% by the end of the day. You are awesome, this rom is a freaking powerhouse, thank you tvail :)

Btw, I'm one of the lucky ones that can OC my device to 864 without any issues FCs overheating or quick battery drains. I'm set to 864 Max on Performance governor with sio set as my scheduler throughout the entire day and everything works flawlessly with no extra drain. I'm impressed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

If I decided to download this kernel, but then wanted to switch back to the kernel I have right now (Bobzhome 2.6.32.9-v3.7) could I? And where can I find a flashable version of Bobzhome 2.6.32.9-v3.7?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
If I decided to download this kernel, but then wanted to switch back to the kernel I have right now (Bobzhome 2.6.32.9-v3.7) could I? And where can I find a flashable version of Bobzhome 2.6.32.9-v3.7?

Flashing the rom you are using again would be the easiest way. BobZhome posted his kernel here somewhere, search for it.

But I'm hoping that once you flash my kernel, you wont ever go back

marlo222

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

Flashing the rom you are using again would be the easiest way. BobZhome posted his kernel here somewhere, search for it.

But I'm hoping that once you flash my kernel, you wont ever go back

Once you go tvall, you never go back? :p

Was running Harmonia 2.06 with your kernel v 0.3.1
Now updated to Harmonia 2.07 with your kernel v 0.3.2
Super smooth and stable so far! No reboots and getting great battery life again!

I will keep testing but so far with the new rom and kernel, my phone has been running great, a HUGE improvement over the stock VM rom and kernel.

Thanks to you tvall, Jerry, Leslieann, Bobzhome, mrg666 and all the great developers here! :)

Reactions: Badboytoast

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Tvall, the 3.2 version became unstable, started to lag, then froze. I wasn't able to grab a logcat. I'm pretty sure I can duplicate the performance issues I encountered, I'm going to try for a logcat of both yours and mgr666's kernel doing the same things, see if I can isolate the problem. I seem to be the only person having this problem, but I figure that the additional testing and troubleshooting can't hurt either.

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Tvall, the 3.2 version became unstable, started to lag, then froze. I wasn't able to grab a logcat. I'm pretty sure I can duplicate the performance issues I encountered, I'm going to try for a logcat of both yours and mgr666's kernel doing the same things, see if I can isolate the problem. I seem to be the only person having this problem, but I figure that the additional testing and troubleshooting can't hurt either.

I can confirm the freezing with the 3.2 . I had to revert back to the 3.1. It runs great on my phone.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Of course people start posting about reboots/freezing right after I flash 3.2... Maybe I'll get lucky. >.<

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the freezing with the 3.2 . I had to revert back to the 3.1. It runs great on my phone.

What are you doing when this happens? I have had no issues, but i haven't "given it the beans", yet either. I'd like to try to replicate the issue.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

The stumble upon app, gallery, camera, PowerAmp, Galcon. I use these daily, and they typically cause lag. With 3.0 and 3.2 the lag would get longer, cumulatively until the phone would freeze, requiring a battery pull.

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

The stumble upon app, gallery, camera, PowerAmp, Galcon. I use these daily, and they typically cause lag. With 3.0 and 3.2 the lag would get longer, cumulatively until the phone would freeze, requiring a battery pull.

Using 3.2 kernel. I can confirm the camera gives some trouble without much effort - I tried taking two pics in rapid succession causing a screen freeze followed by camera FC.

I hammered on the gallery pretty hard with no ill effects (which is weird since I ditched the gallery for Fishbowl months ago because I was fed-up with the stock gallery's non-responsiveness.)

As for the remaining apps: I have non of them and may not get around to installing them, We'll see what happens...

Other than the camera, this has been running pretty smooth for me! Keep it up!

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Ya, looks like camera won't take the shot. Very strange... Is this the same as what's happening with mrg's kernel?

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
What are you doing when this happens? I have had no issues, but i haven't "given it the beans", yet either. I'd like to try to replicate the issue.

Mine freezes then reboots when I use the browser or gps. Yesterday it rebooted while my phone was in usb mass storage mode.

bmwkeith

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I just reverted to the 04/24/2012 version of IHO Magpie from the 05/04/2012 version because the older version had much better battery life. I had no FC's on either version and the 05/04 seemed a little more responsive, but 04/24 is still better than other IHO roms that I had tried and battery life is excellent.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I just reverted to the 04/24/2012 version of IHO Magpie from the 05/04/2012 version because the older version had much better battery life. I had no FC's on either version and the 05/04 seemed a little more responsive, but 04/24 is still better than other IHO roms that I had tried and battery life is excellent.

have you tried 5/5/12? 5/4 was quite broken