[ROM] tvall's iho Roms and Kernel "thread hijacked"

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread takeover! I'm going to post updates here in addition to the iho thread (so its easier to find)

iho magpie:
This is MY rom
features:
-launcher2
-new kernel
-fm.apk removed
-magpie apps2sd-ext (see below)
-backside updater (thanks jerry!)

magpie:
This is the way i think moving apps to ext should be done. There are no extra apps, no scripts, no flashing extra stuff, no breaking on rom updates. It is all built in to the ROM's framework.
magpie is a kang of the a2sd feature found in cm5, ported to cm6 and 7 by @firer4t. Just go into the manage apps menu, and there is now a button to move to ext right next to the usual move to sd one. it just works. moving apps back is as simple as pressing the move to phone button. simple, works.

pure build:
this is a nearly pure build of iho, only differences are the removal of fm.apk, and the use of bobzhome v3.7 kernel

note: gapps are not included in any of my roms. get that from your favorite place to find gapps

downloads:
https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary

my kernel:
i took bobzhome's kernel and applied the -ck patchset to it, added the sio scheduler, and several other tweaks. the result is bobzhome's kernel, tweaked for responsiveness
for those who didn't understand a word i said, here you go: i took bobzhome's kernel and tweaked it to be more responsive and less likely to lag. enjoy
dl - tvall_kernel_v0.3.2.zip
source - https://github.com/tvall43/android_kernel_thunderc

Last edited:

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I use to put mine in front of a fan or AC, before I got the better pos I have now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I use to put mine in front of a fan or AC, before I got the better pos I have now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

The pos I call my build machine is just a random computer I found in my girlfriend's backyard when I moved in. There was no fan over the CPU so I stuck a cpu fan on top of the heatsink. Sorta worked for a while. Today I swapped it out for a big case fan held in with electrical tape. Now its running cool enough to touch in the middle of a build without getting burnt (made that mistake twice before)
Well now to the point of this post, new build is being compiled as i type.

Reactions: jto101680

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a question...I was reading the zip file up top and is it a cm 7.2,or a KANG?

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair