starting phone in fastboot mode from recovery

nrambo

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
how can i access fastboot from a botched recovery? the current version of clockwork i have will not let me mount my sdcard or seemingly access it in anyway. i cannot flash a recovery if i cannot access my sdcard and adb shell gives me sdcard access errors as well. the OS is also inaccesible. also using a brand new sdcard, usb cable and card reader.

im tired of trying to work around this and want to remove this recovery image and start fresh from fastboot. however, all the instruction i can find are for people wanting to get OUT of fastboot, not IN. quite frustrating when i want to do something so seemingly simple.

* nm, got it, adb reboot bootloader did the trick :)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to have the Android SDK installed (it sould be put on the root of the C: drive) as well as the Java jdk6.
The path to the adb.exe has to be in the "path" section of your computers environmental variables.
Put a recovery.img (do not rename it) into the platform-tools folder of the SDK folder.
Plug your phone into the computer.
Open up a terminal in the platform-tools folder and type in:
Code:
adb shell
reboot bootloader
fastboot erase recovery (this will erase the recovery partition)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (you want to put the exact name of recovery image instead of just recovery.img)

If you need any help just let us know. If you have a ZV4 V you will not have any problems. If you have a ZV5 and it doesn't boot into the fastboot screen (blue with white text), then you will need to follow the KDZ unbrick guide. I added updated instructions here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz-4.html#post3204515

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Curious what recovery is not reading the sdcard....?? Even the old cwm from rom manager that used to leave ppl with black screens would read the sdcard

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay