Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Default Re: [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!

You have to flash update.zip twice in order to get true Zv9 SW version. Tried flashing it (update) then jcase_rootme.zip. Simply said, it only gives the build and script update. You have to use adb and copy straight from the first post in order to get root and true Zv9 SW version.
    This works, I've done it twice on 2 different ov's. Speeds were noticeably better.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

What about if your phone runs slower after root?

This post allowed me to get root back. It was a most joyous day. That in turn allowed flashing bobz's ics rom, the smoothest rom I've flashed to date.. So jcase, thanks.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Speedy...Zv9

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!-uploadfromtaptalk1349758592650.jpg  

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Quote Originally Posted by jAdOg@88 View Post
    Speedy...Zv9

That's definitely on wifi lol. Check out the screenshot you posted. Ha-ha

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

Never said it wasn't... LOL.:rolleyes: , seriously on the new baseband wifi actually increased in speed. That is running backside IHO and tvall kernel. OC'd at 806/480.

Simply saying[] [] check these numbers:banghead: , this however is totally Zv9. Using prl 60686.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!-uploadfromtaptalk1349816473621.jpg  

These were my numbers on Zv5 right before I updated and rooted. Numbers don't lie. It pays to update and root to Zv9.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!-uploadfromtaptalk1349817186508.jpg  

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

These were my numbers on Zv5 right before I updated and rooted. Numbers don't lie. It pays to update and root to Zv9.

This one isn't wifi, it's 3G. You can't compare the two in terms of a baseband update. Unless there's new wireless drivers included in ZV9, which I doubt, it's not going to affect wifi speeds.

This space intentionally left blank.

The two screenshots above(EvdoA) simply define the difference in speeds in the basebands. The wifi one, I'm still working on the data. Do believe I've erased the past data of Zv4 and Zv5 due to a corrupt hard drive. , I'm going to find another OV/Zv4 to experiment on and compile the data.

The second screenshot above are the numbers on Zv9/EvdoA. The last screenshot was Zv5/EvdoA. Just trying to prove that updating and rooting the OV is a good thing if you want faster speeds. Thanks to jcase and this step by step process.

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

The second screenshot above are the numbers on Zv9/EvdoA. The last screenshot was Zv5/EvdoA. Just trying to prove that updating and rooting the OV is a good thing if you want faster speeds. Thanks to jcase and this step by step process.

I see now, I missed the network item there. But still, you'd be hard pressed to give a definitive answer on which baseband is faster, there's just to many variables that you can't account for. Unless you've got a Faraday cage and a transmitter that is. Some people have reported higher speeds, others have reported lower speeds.

So true.... However, the hardware, if maintained, should be equivalent enough. The software is the source and the method to apply is the key. If the download is Md5 checked and calculated, the method properly applied, then all should be faster. I know all OV's are not created equally (I've got 3) but if maintained, they are faster on this baseband.

My friend has one that hasn't been maintained and his speeds lagged big time. In a case such as that(where the phone has been dropped, beaten, flashed a million times... LOL) I can see where the issue would be. With that said, the QC at Virgin Mobile/LG, has to make sure the phone parameters are kept to a certain level before they are sold.

Thanks for all the hard work. I am a newb, so be gentle - on the command "adb shell rm /data/amit/*" I get a permission denied error. I have done the factory reset twice, but the error persists. What can I do?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HuCo View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work. I am a newb, so be gentle - on the command "adb shell rm /data/amit/*" I get a permission denied error. I have done the factory reset twice, but the error persists. What can I do?

Thanks.
    Are you copying and pasting?

Make sure you install the upate.zip after you factory reset. (both times)

I would suggest copying the URL of this topic and paste it in your browser. Open internet and go to URL in a side window. Open up cmd as administrator. Go to the commands listed in the op of this topic. Copy and paste each line one at a time to your cmd window and press enter each line.

Always make sure ADB debugging is selected on your phone.

Jerry popped virgins cherry

s3 for the optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by ssiebor14 View Post
    Jerry popped virgins cherry

s3 for the optimus V

LOL :o

I had to say it

s3 for the optimus V

For some reason I had a similar issue while hand typing each command line in. So I decided to copy and paste. Whatever the reason, this way was successful. I have updated on all 3 of my optimus v's. Hope this helps as it did me.

>C:\adb push flash_image /data/local/flash_image

>C:\adb push VM670NH_recovery.img /data/local/VM670NH_recovery.img

>C:\adb push jcase_rootme.zip /sdcard/jcase_root.zip

>C:\adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image

>C:\adb shell rm /data/amit/*

>C:\adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd2 /data/amit/AMI304_Config.ini

>C:\adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd2 /data/amit/AMI304_Config2.ini

>C:\adb reboot

>C:\adb shell rm /data/amit/*

>C:\adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/VM670NH_recovery.img

>C:\adb reboot recovery

Last edited by jAdOg@88; 10-14-2012 at 10:21 AM.

I never had a problem doing that stuff xD

s3 for the optimus V

I do hope the author and administrator doesn't mind me reposting the commands in the same topic. All the credit goes to JerryScript. I'm just trying to help others the same way I was helped.

Last edited by jAdOg@88; 10-14-2012 at 10:24 AM.

''cd FILE_PATH_TO_ADB_DIRECTORY_HERE'' What does this mean ??? Please help

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by BibiGomezzz View Post
    Basically you need to have adb installed and working and the line would be something like

cd c:/android/sdk/platform tools/

YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by BibiGomezzz View Post
    All you need is the adb executables which you can gets .

Unzip it placing it into you Home Username Directory making it easier to find when you need it. Open up Windows Command Prompt and type as follows:

Code:
    cd C:\Users\Your User Name\Platform-Tools
    To make things easier after you type "cd " (don't for get the space after d), left click and hold on the directory you unzipped adb to and drag it into the Cmd Window and press enter.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast