Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Default Re: [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jca

Was wondering if anyone could assist with this. I followed the instructions and got to step 4. Had no issues prior to it. When I rebooted and got to the Recovery menu it says to "-- Select Install zip from sdcard"

The issue I am having is that there is no way I can select it. The LG Optimus V that I have (have 3 and all are the same) are touch screen only and there is no keyboard to navigate.

I tried hitting settings and that moved down, blank screen, move down, etc. I tried hitting home, it scrolled up, blanked, scrolled up, and the other two buttons didn't do anything. How exactly can I "select" the option if there is no way to click it? I downloaded all 3 files located in the original thread and got it on there, just having issues with the "select".

Thanks for any help.

ROM
    Backside... MiRaGe

In that recovery Volume buttons move you up and down, Camera button is the select button and the back button takes you back. Any other buttons will turn off screen.

Quote Originally Posted by kwknott View Post
    In that recovery Volume buttons move you up and down, Camera button is the select button and the back button takes you back. Any other buttons will turn off screen.
    Ah, thank you very much. I didn't even think to use the buttons on the side. Tried browsing and googling and couldn't find anything useful.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    Doesn't look like a one-click solution will work easily, at least on Windows. If you are using Linux, you can use the script posted by jcase in the original Gordita Root thread at xda.

I will work on a bat file for Windows users to try to make things easier.
    So, is there a possibility of a one-click solution for Mac? I'm getting pissed with trying to figure everything out to get into ADB Devices through Terminal.
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

Just tried it, everything went Great. As always, Good work JCase, and Jerry.

Is it true the radio locks the kernel from overclocking past somethings?

ROM
    Changes Daily

I really think this should be stickied, the zv9 update isn't going to go away and this guide works very good

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousNoob View Post
    Just tried it, everything went Great. As always, Good work JCase, and Jerry.

Is it true the radio locks the kernel from overclocking past somethings?
    My overclock is still the same as before the update 806/600. But I think I remember others having to lower theirs.

i cant understand this ..there need to be superoneclick already

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    I really think this should be stickied, the zv9 update isn't going to go away and this guide works very good

I agree, this is a fantastic guide.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock 2.3.7 Rooted :)

Hey all, I tried to follow these steps and I got ADB working on my PC. I was able to detect my device through the command prompt. I get an error when I try to run adb shell "rm /data/amit/*" it gives me an error that permission is denied. I keep getting stuck on this part and I dont have a clue what to do past this. Any suggestions? Debugging is enabled on the phone that has the VZ9 update installed already.

I also want to mention that I am running Windows 7 x64 if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Tejer; 04-13-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: More info
    Thanked by:

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy214 View Post
    i cant understand this ..there need to be superoneclick already
    Copy and paste is all it took for me to use this tutorial. Easy Easy stuff really.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #112  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Quote Originally Posted by Tejer View Post
    Hey all, I tried to follow these steps and I got ADB working on my PC. I was able to detect my device through the command prompt. I get an error when I try to run adb shell "rm /data/amit/*" it gives me an error that permission is denied. I keep getting stuck on this part and I dont have a clue what to do past this. Any suggestions? Debugging is enabled on the phone that has the VZ9 update installed already.

I also want to mention that I am running Windows 7 x64 if that makes any difference.
    If you are getting a permission denied error at that point, that's when you need to do a factory reset, then do the entire procedure again.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Anyone figure out a better way to do this? I've been doing this for the past 3 hours every error i do a factory reset and i get stuck at the second to last code. Obviously the OP thinks everyone is a dev and doesn't bother explaining anything or even giving all the directions needed. Kinda sloppy way to make a "guide" if you ask me. And thanks to him for getting the windows one click method working. Really appreciate your efforts there. Children explain things better...

ROM
    cm9

Quote Originally Posted by arp734 View Post
    Anyone figure out a better way to do this? I've been doing this for the past 3 hours every error i do a factory reset and i get stuck at the second to last code. Obviously the OP thinks everyone is a dev and doesn't bother explaining anything or even giving all the directions needed. Kinda sloppy way to make a "guide" if you ask me. And thanks to him for getting the windows one click method working. Really appreciate your efforts there. Children explain things better...
    Actually posting the error and not complaining would get you a solution much faster
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59
    Thanked by 3:
    glarepate likes this.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Doesn't matter. I've asked questions in this thread and they STILL haven't been answered. My points were 100% valid. Picks and chooses who he responds to. I don't really care.

ROM
    cm9

Doesn't matter. I've asked questions in this thread and they STILL haven't been answered. My points were 100% valid. Picks and chooses who he responds to. I don't really care.
    If you don't really care, why are you complaining? I don't think you have any reason to complain. So you're messing up somewhere in following instructions someone kindle posted on the internet for the benefit of others. Many other people have followed his instructions (including myself) and succeeded with little to no issue. And those who had issues, posted how they fixed it. All I've seen you do is complain and appear to think someone who volunteers his time and effort to do this owes you constant support
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59

Isn't this thread in the android DEVelopment thread? Just saying...

First of all you sound like an arrogant nitwit. Insulting the OP who does this out of his spare time won't help your case at all.

Second of all you failed to mention what the problem is. A vague description like "failed at the second line" is inadequate. If you post exactly what you typed, and what the output was, maybe someone will help you.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 6:
    glarepate likes this.

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

Hmmmmm. The first page has the instructions. And if people read through maybe just maybe theres an answer. I used this with 0 problems and appreciate all that Jerry and for that matter all the devs here do in their spare time. Sorry for being off topic just Burns my a** how people expect things now and not being patient and not reading carefully. Keep doing what you do Jerry.

End of ranting back to flashing now.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Excuse me for not taking the time to answer every single post in every single thread I participate in. That is my fault, I should take the time out of my life to be sure to respond every single time, I know I'm a horrible person.

I just read every post you've made in this thread, and I think these answers are what you are missing:

--No, you cannot use fastboot to do this.

--Yes, I pick and choose who I respond to. I pick them based on what I think has already been answered. Perhaps I thought one or more of your posts had already been answered.

--If you really want some help, you will post exactly what you are doing and exactly what the output from either ADB or your phone is, and exactly where you had the error. Though some seem to think otherwise, I cannot see your phone, and so I don't know what is happening without you posting the detailed information here.

--I tried to make the instructions as plain and straight forward as possible, I don't really think it was written for devs only, but perhaps I'm being ignorant.

Believe me, if you had posted these details already, someone else probably would have offered some advice before I even read your post. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but we are a pretty helpful community around here, and everyone helps out, not just the devs. That's what makes this forum my favorite.

If you want personal one-on-one tech support, I'm sure something can be arranged with LGE.

Note- I do not have an ETA on a one-click method for windows users. I can't tell you the last time I booted into windows, I'm pretty much a nix user these days. If some bat file wizard want's to take some time out to make one, I'll be glad to offer any support I can.
    Thanked by 8:
    Dave Begue likes this.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    First of all you sound like an arrogant nitwit. Insulting the OP who does this out of his spare time won't help your case at all.
    /boggle
    glarepate likes this.

ROM
    Running Quattrimus ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    /boggle
    That's great lol.

Sent from my MIUI OV.

I've spent a week with 2 OV phones now in multiple low-reception areas...one on ZV4 and one on ZV9 in side-by-side comparisons. Didn't make any difference at all in call quality or reception (both in actual use and looking at dBm). If I just looked at dBm at first glance and made my conclusion from there, I would've said ZV9 provided 3dBm better reception. But watching it over time, it would even out and go the other way as well within minutes.

I'm sure there's a lot of subjectivity going on (like when people claimed improvements before it was figured out that the radio-only update didn't actually do anything), but perhaps you need to be connected to a certain brand/type of tower for there to be an improvement.

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

@arp: It's hard to believe that you're really serious and not just trolling. If you cared to check more threads on this forum, I think you'd be awestruck by just how many helpful answers the target of you attack is posting almost daily - often in response to trivial, repeat questions from non-technical users like yourself.

But I guess frustration can make us all do stupid things.

Since you don't post details of your problem, I cannot help you there - as others already said.

I can tell you, though, that the steps posted by Jerry and jcase DO work perfectly. I ran the VMU update, not once, but FOUR times (I am testing some problems). Each time I rooted by simply copy-pasting the commands in the OP. The first time, there was a tiny mistake in one of the commands (adb missing), but Jerry promptly fixed that.

You ask if somebody found a better method for the technically challenged: well, a week ago (at least), brotherswing posted a separate thread with that exact title - using jcase & Jerry's steps, but packing them in an EVEN simpler form. I don't know how you could've missed that. It's in this same forum.

Good luck to you. With your phone as well as your social interaction in your life.

ROM
    BACKside

I was able to root my OV using this root with no problems whatsoever. However, after a few days the play store is now telling me that super user has an update available. I'm wondering if i update super user am i going to run into any problems or should i be ok? Has this happened to anyone else?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast