Mounting External Drive?

SgtPropain

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
As the title says; is it possible? I plan on testing within the day(as soon as I get my mini usb cable to strip and mod). Will it be as easy as in linux, in terminal emu; IE
mkdir /mnt/usb-storage
mount /dev/sde1 /mnt/usb-storage
?
Can't be this easy, that's why i'm asking ;-)

SgtPropain

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's what I figured. I'm currently working on a circuit to charge & be able to mount a drive. However I need step #1 to completed before I continue. Step #1 being figuring out if it will actually mount. I don't see why it wouldn't even with a couple mods. The device accepts standard USB I/O; the way I look at it is, if you can mount to a PC you can do the inverse. I will report back with my findings; I'll be soldering the cable at work..shhh.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just because it works one way, doesn't mean it will work the other way.

Every system I have seen that could used a specific port and it was a significant feature.
My understanding is that the port itself has to be designed for it. Remember, the phone has to be able to mount what is connected to the port, not the other way around which is typical.

Then again, there has been at least one device where they managed it in software. I just don't recall what it was and I doubt it will be as easy as telling it to mount.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Mount of USB external storage is not that simple. The hardware i.e. the OV motherboard most have a USB I/O controller, and I doubt it does.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Mount of USB external storage is not that simple. The hardware i.e. the OV motherboard most have a USB I/O controller, and I doubt it does.

I would imagine it could be done with some sort of adapter through the sd card port, but the whole idea is a bit unnecessary. I have a 16Gb card, and I've never even come close to filling it up. And if your concern is music, Play Music takes care of that.

This space intentionally left blank.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance