Easy wipe zips

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Here are a couple of zips to make rom installs easier.

These wipe three times to make sure everything is gone, it's a lot easier than going through all the menus.
Flash them just like a rom, before you flash a rom and should work on most any rooted phone.

This one wipes only the system, boot, cache and dalvik, for when you update your rom (A.K.A. partial wipe).
It does not remove user data.
Note: Updating is really never a great idea and can lead to instability.
Prep_to_Update

This one wipes everything above, plus user data in preparation to install a new rom (A.K.A. a complete wipe).
Note: It will not wipe sd-ext, if you need more advanced areas, you will have to do them manually still.
Prep_for_new_Rom

Last edited:

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I know I never personally said this myself but, leslie-- you are the bomb;)
Hahaha l o l l m a o-- not the bomb maker!
Even though I plan on just updating for quite a while, always great to have these 2 zips 4 both circumstances if need be.
yours are definitely trusted rather then something stupid from the market/ play store :))
All of us I'm sure will thank you but I wanted to be the first even tho I havent even tried it yet

EDIT: second lol

Reactions: mlson

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Dose the second one wipe sd-ext as well?
No, these only wipe the "normal" things.
Boot, system, cache, dalvik, and on the full wipe, user data.

If you need to do something more advanced like that, it will need to be done separate.

Edit:
updated first post to indicate this.

Reactions: cmerlyn

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't add sd-ext because I wanted these to be universal.
I'm not sure what all people are sticking there.

I thought people must format sd-ext when they are wiping the phone to install a new ROM anyway? It would be perfect if you add formatting the sd-ext as well to the full wipe zip.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
/sd-ext/dalvik-cache is safe and a must when wiping for ROM update/install IMO.

I thought people must format sd-ext when they are wiping the phone to install a new ROM anyway? It would be perfect if you add formatting the sd-ext as well to the full wipe zip.

Every time I have wiped it, it said either non-existent or empty, depending on the recovery I was using.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
They are so small, it's really not an issue, besides, these should either work, or not. I don't usually worry about md5 on small stuff really.