Can't download anything.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
So, yea just like the title says, I cannot download anything from any kind of app. Examples: browser can't download any kind of file, Amazon can't download any apps to install, the only thing that does work is Google play (odd right). I already tried flashing another rom from scratch, and after I get some sleep I will try formatting the SD card, but I just wanted to hear what you guys may think. I'm on wifi btw, but nothing "downloads " on either 3g or wifi it just says download failed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Its your rom, maybe which rom are you using? I used to have this problem on a froyo rom but I can't remember if it was a bad flash ;) or the actual Rom!

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Try wiping your cache.

Whiped twice no go.

Try a older market.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Market (play) is the only thing that can download apps.

Its your rom, maybe which rom are you using? I used to have this problem on a froyo rom but I can't remember if it was a bad flash ;) or the actual Rom!

I just flashed to the latest harmonia 2 rom. It wasn't working before the switch and still doesn't work.

It may be the SD card, I'll see by reformatting it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I reformatted the sd, and reflashed the rom, seems to be working fine now. Got a little scared for a minute.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Make sure when you reformat your SD card that you use an older PC (one running Windows XP or older or Ubuntu desktop as they will format the card in FAT32 which is what the phone runs) You can also use a Mac. As long as it formats in FAT or FAT32. Check your settings>applications>unknown sources and check that box if you are trying to download from sources OTHER than GOOGLE. If it's not checked you won't have given the phone your permission to load non-google apps. Important when you try roots, roms & such.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't have xp, I had to use Windows 7 but it was formatted in fat32. Oddly enough when I just formatted it from the phone itself, it didn't work. I had to fromat it from the computer, then open recovery before putting the sd card back, flash H2, and everything was good.

That's the last time I put a torrent app on this phone... ends up like ROM manager.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
If you have newer Windows desktop then you have options. ( I faced this myself with issues of 3 droids) You can, if your hard drive is big enough,(1 TB is good), partition it and install xp or Ubuntu on the new part. Or buy a second smaller drive if your pc has the slots to accept 2, and most "non-slim line" models do. Then install xp /ubuntu. I got a second hand netbook with xp just to do "Droid Care" with. If you run droids with custom roms then any investment here will be worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463