1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Default Can't download anything.

So, yea just like the title says, I cannot download anything from any kind of app. Examples: browser can't download any kind of file, Amazon can't download any apps to install, the only thing that does work is Google play (odd right). I already tried flashing another rom from scratch, and after I get some sleep I will try formatting the SD card, but I just wanted to hear what you guys may think. I'm on wifi btw, but nothing "downloads " on either 3g or wifi it just says download failed.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

Try a older market.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Default Re: Can't download anything.

Try wiping your cache.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Its your rom, maybe which rom are you using? I used to have this problem on a froyo rom but I can't remember if it was a bad flash or the actual Rom!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Try wiping your cache.
    Whiped twice no go.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousNoob View Post
    Try a older market.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Market (play) is the only thing that can download apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    Its your rom, maybe which rom are you using? I used to have this problem on a froyo rom but I can't remember if it was a bad flash or the actual Rom!
    I just flashed to the latest harmonia 2 rom. It wasn't working before the switch and still doesn't work.

It may be the SD card, I'll see by reformatting it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Thanks for the help. I reformatted the sd, and reflashed the rom, seems to be working fine now. Got a little scared for a minute.

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

Make sure when you reformat your SD card that you use an older PC (one running Windows XP or older or Ubuntu desktop as they will format the card in FAT32 which is what the phone runs) You can also use a Mac. As long as it formats in FAT or FAT32. Check your settings>applications>unknown sources and check that box if you are trying to download from sources OTHER than GOOGLE. If it's not checked you won't have given the phone your permission to load non-google apps. Important when you try roots, roms & such.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Well, I don't have xp, I had to use Windows 7 but it was formatted in fat32. Oddly enough when I just formatted it from the phone itself, it didn't work. I had to fromat it from the computer, then open recovery before putting the sd card back, flash H2, and everything was good.

That's the last time I put a torrent app on this phone... ends up like ROM manager.

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

If you have newer Windows desktop then you have options. ( I faced this myself with issues of 3 droids) You can, if your hard drive is big enough,(1 TB is good), partition it and install xp or Ubuntu on the new part. Or buy a second smaller drive if your pc has the slots to accept 2, and most "non-slim line" models do. Then install xp /ubuntu. I got a second hand netbook with xp just to do "Droid Care" with. If you run droids with custom roms then any investment here will be worth it.