Transparent status bar

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm was wondering if there is a flashiable zip file to make the status bar and the pulldown transparent on my ov. I'm running Harmonia 2. I've raped the search button on Google but I haven't found anything that helps me. Thank you!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I tryed uot but I ran into 1 problem at the time I don't have a computer and I couldn't upload any files via my phone any advice?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Try Ninja Morph. You'll need to download a transparent status bar image to your sdcard first, then Ninja Morph can swap it out. Do the same to replace the shade background png, that's the dropdown background. ;)

Reactions: joey92

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Gosh. I wish I watched it. My family had a party, and they watched it while I was in my room playing with Android. :p

Reactions: joey92

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
oh yes... it was the most electrifing man in sports entertainment!... i mean, if you smell... :)

@joey92-- attached is your theme... its for jerrys 04-01-2012 build... link is on the first page of the cm7 thread... be sure to thank blarf and jerry... hope you like it... :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give Ninja Morph another shout out, you can change any status bar image with it. Here's an example where I changed the alarm clock icon using Ninja Morph, and it's all done right on the phone. ;)
screenshot-1332230674837.png

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give Ninja Morph another shout out, you can change any status bar image with it. Here's an example where I changed the alarm clock icon using Ninja Morph, and it's all done right on the phone. ;)
Click to view quoted image

For the transparent status bar, isn't it necessary to edit the some of the xml files as well? Just changing the statusbar_background.png in SystemUI.apk is not sufficient, AFAIR. However, changing shade_bg.png in SystemUI.apk was sufficient to make notification background transparent.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
For the transparent status bar, isn't it necessary to edit the some of the xml files as well? Just changing the statusbar_background.png in SystemUI.apk is not sufficient, AFAIR. However, changing shade_bg.png in SystemUI.apk was sufficient to make notification background transparent.

It is sufficient. All you have to do is erase the pixels in that png and it will be transparent. That's how I've always done it... although I never decompiled the framework just 7zip-edited it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to defer to others on the xml. I have changed BACKside to support transparency in the status bar via java, and I believe BobZhome uses the same changes. Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Note- the comments in the java code suggest battery life is affected to some degree by transparency in the status bar, which is why it's not natively supported. I still get a full day on my battery regardless of status bar background, ymmv. ;)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It is sufficient. All you have to do is erase the pixels in that png and it will be transparent. That's how I've always done it... although I never decompiled the framework just 7zip-edited it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Can you please post which png file exactly you are editing for status bar transparency? This is not the notification background which is /res/drawable-mdpi/shade_bg.png in SystemUI.apk. If you can put a screenshot, that would also be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci