[GUIDE] How I port

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd share http://www.google.com/gwt/x?gl=us&c...2012/02/how-to-deodex-rom-sdx-developers.html

Its all about deodexing and I noticed at the bottom it says that apps deodexed using scripts will force close if they have sound files because the files are compressed and they malfunction. It suggests manually deodexing them instead (using baksmali). I thought this was interesting since I know alot of you people that are porting are experiencing force closes with apps.;)

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
For MIUIv4, for phone FC, I had to decompile the framework.jar in /system/framework (for both BASE and PORT) and go to com/internal/android/telephony/cdma and replace all the files with the ones from BASE.

What method are you using to decompile framework.jar? I'm trying to use the jadclipse plugin with Eclipse to decompile, but I am new to Eclipse and coming up with no good help on the Google. Am I over-complicating this?

As a side-note, I am using Ubuntu 12.04. All of the windows-based java-class decompilers are less-helpful for me.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
What method are you using to decompile framework.jar? I'm trying to use the jadclipse plugin with Eclipse to decompile, but I am new to Eclipse and coming up with no good help on the Google. Am I over-complicating this?

As a side-note, I am using Ubuntu 12.04. All of the windows-based java-class decompilers are less-helpful for me.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Here is how I would work with the jar files for porting if I decompiled anything it Linux.

first unzip the jar file, in this case framework.jar
Code:
[SIZE="2"]unzip -q framework.jar classes.dex[/SIZE]
next decompile the classes.dex using a baksmali.jar and set the api level to o/s version.
Code:
[SIZE="2"]java -Xmx512m -jar baksmali.jar -a 10 classes.dex[/SIZE]
Replace the files needed and compile and compress a smali.jar is used to compile.
Code:
[SIZE="2"]java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar -a 10 out -o classes.dex
zip -r -q framework.jar classes.dex[/SIZE]

Reactions: RyanJKremer

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I've got some learning to do! I'll google my way through these steps and see where I get.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I've got some learning to do! I'll google my way through these steps and see where I get.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

No problem :)

Just a note I would not use apktool.jar to decompile a jar file, it is better to unzip it and use a baksmile.jar/smaile.jar to decompile the classes.dex and zip it back up. That way if the jar is signed, the META-INF is not messed with.
Of course the only time I use baksmile.jar/smaile.jar apktool.jar is with my Cygwin built tool. I'm adding a porting function for LeWa and MIUIv4 ROM'S.

Reactions: RyanJKremer

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious too, there's an appalling lack of development for my wife's WFS, and I've thought about trying to port BACKside to it.

thus he spake.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks. Will I have problems with my phone's resolution?

Just the boot animation.

I'm curious too, there's an appalling lack of development for my wife's WFS, and I've thought about trying to port BACKside to it.

thus he spake.

Development for the Droid is almost dead that's why I ported it and CyanogenMod didn't have the customiazation like backside.

Sent from my Shole using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox