Refurbished OV, constant random reboots :\

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
So, VM replaced my old OV with a refurbished OV, I installed CWM based IHO recovery on it, tried installing Harmonia "The froyo rom" and my OV keeps freezing and restarting randomly :( Then I tried installing one of the IHO builds "Gingerbread rom" and it doesn't randomly freeze or reboot, but it does freeze and reboot itself when I use any application thats CPU intensive like Google Maps Navigation or Angry Birds game...

Is there anyone else experiencing anything similar? Did I receive a bad phone? I really want to use Harmonia 1 because Froyo delivers the best battery life for me.

Also just an fyi, when I install a new ROM, I format /boot, /system/, /cache, /data, /sd-ext three times and wipe the Dalvik Cache three times as well before installation, so I know its not because of wiping the phone.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Also I tried fixing permissions through terminal emulator and through the recovery, it did help for a day but then my phone started randomly restarting and freezing again.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Curiousnoob has the same problems with his refurbished V. I don't know, what they've dive to these units, but it seems like nothing good...

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue with the froyo rooms because the pica sticks remix kernel was defaulting to overclocked settings which my newer OPV couldn't handle. Just food for thought. Both of my newer OPV phones will reboot at anything above 600mhz.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: demoport

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue with the froyo rooms because the pica sticks remix kernel was defaulting to overclocked settings which my newer OPV couldn't handle. Just food for thought. Both of my newer OPV phones will reboot at anything above 600mhz.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

This is rather depressing :( I set my OV's clock to minimum 600 and maximum 600 as well with the PERFORMANCE governor, hopefully this will fix my problems. If you find a way to run Froyo with your refurbished ov's please let me know.

I just saw your post under a different thread about the picasticks kernel running too high so I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
This is rather depressing :( I set my OV's clock to minimum 600 and maximum 600 as well with the PERFORMANCE governor, hopefully this will fix my problems. If you find a way to run Froyo with your refurbished ov's please let me know.

I just saw your post under a different thread about the picasticks kernel running too high so I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.

Here's what you do, install it, try your best to download a cpu overclock app, change overclock to 600 and set on boot ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

MrBungle227

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My GFs new OV suffers from random reboots. Right now im thinking it's defective. :( Anybody have any idea? Or a stock rom that works with new phones so i can RMA it? Ive tried several different roms on it. All of which are perfectly stable on my OV. Not overclocked or anything. Im out of ideas.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
im running BACKside/IHO (04-01-2012 build)... oc min480/max600/smartassv2 governor... no problems with freezes or random reboots... its definately worth trying if you havent already... :)

add-- with my v i cant oc past 600 or random reboots start... others can go beyond... its just the luck of the draw... :)

Last edited:

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
My GFs new OV suffers from random reboots. Right now im thinking it's defective. :( Anybody have any idea? Or a stock rom that works with new phones so i can RMA it? Ive tried several different roms on it. All of which are perfectly stable on my OV. Not overclocked or anything. Im out of ideas.

I'm currently running iho bobzhome build 032312 and so far I've had no random reboots or freezing. I set up my clock speeds under the performance menu in cyanogenmod settings to 600 minimum 600 maximum with the performance governor. Try it out and let us know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance