ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");
unmount("/system");[/SIZE]

delete = delete what ever you tell it to
mount = mount a partition
package_extract_dir = extract files in a folder

The updater-script you have is a good starting point as to what commands do what.

Just make sure you have both your update-binary and updater-script (use the same one for your ROM), inside /META-INF/com/google/android/

Edit: Just reuse the update-binary.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ahha. Thank you my good sir. My problem is the update binary... what is it and how do I make it. When I open it up in an editor its just all those silly symbols.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bumblebee Rom Resurrected - A Froyo Rom

Ahha. Thank you my good sir. My problem is the update binary... what is it and how do I make it. When I open it up in an editor its just all those silly symbols.

You don't really need to worry about editing it, just reuse it.

Edit: I maybe wrong about the UMS problem, but I am working on something, and I believe i messed up on the Kernel I give you.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You don't really need to worry about editing it, just reuse it.

Edit: I maybe wrong about the UMS problem, but I am working on something, and I believe i messed up on the Kernel I give you.

I'm rather lost with the kernel thing since I can't build from source. I think you're right about that kernel thing being wrong though.

I was able to get the zip to flash, so I'm uploading it. I had everything correct, I was getting a status 6 error because there were some syntax errors in my updater-script. All debugged now:)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I know not many are using this rom currently, and not many have used the theme zip yet, but if anyone is having any problems, please report them. I will do my utmost to fix them and/or help you.

;)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I know not many are using this rom currently, and not many have used the theme zip yet, but if anyone is having any problems, please report them. I will do my utmost to fix them and/or help you.

;)

ill try it when i get a chance. i like the look of the theme from the screenshots.

LeAto

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Does this mod support sms? my 2.3 custom rom does not and its irritating

slutyman321

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

hello i flashed this rom twice and i lost my data and i wiped completely and i also restored a backup

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
hello i flashed this rom twice and i lost my data and i wiped completely and i also restored a backup

Did you try to run the activate app? Also, did you have data and then lose it, or was it completely gone on the first boot?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I did get you pm. I don't think I can get the ics look though, but I can definitely get you the gingerbread look. Its just a matter of replacing png files, but ics is a totally different beast.

slutyman321

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

ok thnks also wanted to metion i want to become a developer can you show me how to become one

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
ok thnks also wanted to metion i want to become a developer can you show me how to become one

Haha Well I don't really know how to answer that, but if you want to learn how android works and how to make your own customized roms, I suggest you start by opening the rom zips up with 7zip (a windows program) so you can replace things inside it, and try extracting apks with 7zip so you can understand the structure of how they work. Then slowly you'll find things you want to edit, and often you can find the answer by googling it (xda developers has a lot of [How to] threads). There are a lot of tools out there like apktool (google it) that decompile and recompile apps. I can't say how helpful google is in this. I say that you should work backwards: decompiling things and opening them are easier ways to learn how things work than starting with source code.

Hope I helped, and I'll have your themed lockscreen done tomorrow, I'll post it for others as well.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's a link to apktools, the directions on how to install it are here and how to use it as well. http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/ as to how to use it here's a link. You will probably have problems setting it up, so I suggest googling any questions you have. 99% of the questions I had about apktool were answered before I asked them by smart people on various forums. Good luck.;)