[ROM] Resurrected Bumblebee 2.2.1 + Themes

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So is this one ...better..?

Its the same rom, just with a kernel that works for the new screens. However, as leslie has said, that makes it the same as the harmonious bumblebee mod by jdcnosse.

I am making a themed version of the rom. Basically the point of this is so that people who want bumblebee can have it since all of obijohns links were dead and there was no way to obtain the rom.

Reactions: thewraith420

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bumblebee Rom Resurrected - A Froyo Rom

Anthony, just an idea: why don't you deodex the latest update to make this 2.2.2?

Last edited:
Reactions: anthonycr

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Think mrg666 is talking about deodex the Virgin Mobile Update, and using that as your base.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Think mrg666 is talking about deodex the Virgin Mobile Update, and using that as your base.

Eureka! That makes more sense. I was totally confused there since I was sure this was already deodexed.

That is an excellent suggestion mrg666. I don't know why I misunderstood what you said there.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Eureka! That makes more sense. I was totally confused there since I was sure this was already deodexed.

That is an excellent suggestion mrg666. I don't know why I misunderstood what you said there.

My fault, I had to write "VM update".

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just did mine, know the scary part is hoping that I take out everything that had to do with recovery :p

Exactly. I'll be careful to remove all the recovery stuff so I don't brick my OV at all. What do I have to add to make the update rooted? Can I just put superuser as a system app?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. I'll be careful to remove all the recovery stuff so I don't brick my OV at all. What do I have to add to make the update rooted? Can I just put superuser as a system app?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Just use the Update-Binary and Updater-Script from Bumblebee ROM. You well also need to copy over the SU binary (updated in the Terminal fix), and Busybox over, and init.d folder and anything that has to do with ext file system support.

The SprintHiddenMenu.odex I had to force it to deodex.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Hope your using Linux for building, I like Linux Mint, Ubuntu's side bar is just annoying :p

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Good look in the dev of this, I'll be looking forward to using it soon, once I finish with Harmonia 2.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to rebuild bumblebee from the new update right now and I almost have it done, except for one huge problem. All other kernels except the stock kernel found in the update, break screen rotation. Its the weirdest thing because there are no force closes, no reboots or anything when using a different kernel, but the screen acts as if the "rotate screen" box is unchecked (Obviously I've made sure its checked;)). I'm kinda going crazy as to why its doing this. Do you devs have any ideas?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to rebuild bumblebee from the new update right now and I almost have it done, except for one huge problem. All other kernels except the stock kernel found in the update, break screen rotation. Its the weirdest thing because there are no force closes, no reboots or anything when using a different kernel, but the screen acts as if the "rotate screen" box is unchecked (Obviously I've made sure its checked;)). I'm kinda going crazy as to why its doing this. Do you devs have any ideas?

i don't recall my original froyo rotatingon homescreen,etc unless i used something like golauncher,etc.now my rooted and rom'd ov does in iho or whatever. just froyo didnt auto rotate to landscape.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
i don't recall my original froyo rotatingon homescreen,etc unless i used something like golauncher,etc.now my rooted and rom'd ov does in iho or whatever. just froyo didnt auto rotate to landscape.

No no I'm saying that using the new kernel with the update from virgin mobile makes nothing rotate ever. I know the launcher isn't supposed to rotate.

I might have found something because I extracted the kernel and found some differences in the init.thunderc regarding the accelerometer

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair