Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
04-08-2012 02:37 PM
46 replies
Like Tree3Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Themer. You've seen them

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by blizard View Post
    Cant find the thread for the mirage rom please post link
    Its the Inferior human organs thread. Just look for mrg666's posts.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: list of the top optimus v roms

Quatrimus still needs some bugs worked out try going with backside or bobz's

Carrier
    it changes so much

Quote Originally Posted by spanky502 View Post
    Quatrimus still needs some bugs worked out try going with backside or bobz's
    It's only been 7 months lol. This whole weekend was like "revival of the lost threads weekend" or something ha ha

come to the dark side
    upconvert and jonny5449 like this.

Carrier
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by A-android-B View Post
    It's only been 7 months lol. This whole weekend was like "revival of the lost threads weekend" or something ha ha

come to the dark side
    I have a theory. On the acf app, if you navigate to ov root, roms and hacks, and then click on root roms and hacks again you end up in the archived threads. Just a page or two in covers months. If you're not familiar with the app or current events on the forum, i could see how you might accidentally reply to an old *** thread.

It is funny, though.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Carrier
    it changes so much

I think your theory is flawed because you can't reply to an archived thread can you? I guess I've never tried but I thought that was the point of archiving

come to the dark side

Carrier
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by A-android-B View Post
    I think your theory is flawed because you can't reply to an archived thread can you? I guess I've never tried but I thought that was the point of archiving

come to the dark side
    Damn, you're right. I guess people are just stumbling on them randomly. Just reading thru some of them, there's some funny stuff back there.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,029 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I'm guessing people are just searching (which is good!) but not looking at dates of threads they enter (bad!), lol.

Carrier
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

Go to the optimus s forum and download cold as ice, you'll love it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    A-android-B likes this.

Hi, first time poster here, sorry if this is off topic but is there a good stable rom that has usb support for windows? i tried backside (newest version) but it seemed really unstable and kept rebooting and stuff, i then tried an earlier version and it worked great but no usb any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by droidnoob89 View Post
    Hi, first time poster here, sorry if this is off topic but is there a good stable rom that has usb support for windows? i tried backside (newest version) but it seemed really unstable and kept rebooting and stuff, i then tried an earlier version and it worked great but no usb any help would be much appreciated.
    GingerSnap 2.3.8 has usb mass storage working just fine and is a real good ROM on it's own.

[ROM]GingerSnap 2.3.8 10/25/12| 2.2 Rebuilt to 2.3

thanks trying it now, I like it so far but usb isnt working (works when I plug it into my ps3) and iv restarted both my computer and the droid, any advice?

Describe in detail exactly what your doing to see if it works. Please.

pluged it into the usb port on my laptop, didnt work so i restarted both, fixed permissions through the terminal (put su first) and it still didnt work

also, has anyone else had problems with the new BACKside-IHO-VM670? (May 2, 2012)

Did you ever actually turn on the usb mass storage after plugging it into your laptop? You know pull the notification drawer down tab the notification then tap the button to make Andy red? Does your laptop do anything when you plug it in? Did you install any drivers? Is USB debugging checked?

Because your "detailed" description had none of the details needed to make this work when everything is working so if you did what you said then the only reason this is not working is user error.

debugging is checked, and the notification never came up, and yes i have the drivers installed.

Do you have another cable to try? I take it nothing comes up on your laptop at all?

no, and i know its not the cable, i just checked used it on the stock rom and usb worked fine

Carrier
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

also, has anyone else had problems with the new BACKside-IHO-VM670? (May 2, 2012)
    I've had an abundance of problems on BACKside 0502 build.
    I believe 0131 is in fact the most stable.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

no, and i know its not the cable, i just checked used it on the stock rom and usb worked fine
    If the stock firmware works, which I assume you are restoring a backup so setting it back to a point before you had changed anything. Since it only fails to work after you change things I would examine all your steps used to flash the new ROMs. Are you using TiBu to restore anything? After you flash a ROM?

no, whats Tibu?

no, whats Tibu?
    Titanium Backup

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12