Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

I flashed the stock recovery then the update and it showed the new baseband til I rooted and restored

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
    I flashed the stock recovery then the update and it showed the new baseband til I rooted and restored
    If it says unknown now then that's normal. And you can check /sys/devices/system/soc/soc0/build_id open it as text

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

It says zv5 I'm running mirage, does that matter? even in the system file it says zv5
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

It means the flash didn't take.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    #_ Guru-to-Noob Translator C:/_ .
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes Daily

That's strange.. I never have a problem flashing stock recovery then the update... Then re-root and restore... And I've been playing with sprint radios and using the update as a way back... Not sure why it didn't work the first time but I'd try it again if you really want the new radio. Honestly tho unless your signal is weak and you really need it its probably best to hold off until the reboot issues on iho are solved with the new radio

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

Well I went back, reflashed the update, rebooted, flashed the update again, updated the software, flashed custom recovery, flashed backside iho and everything is up to date. I'm running backside and it says the version is ZV9! I guess doing it twice did the trick.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

I'm glad you're sorted out!

Thanked by:

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS: AOKP

Default Re: [Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically chal

So whats with the random reboots when sending text messages with the new radio?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by PacifistRiot View Post
    So whats with the random reboots when sending text messages with the new radio?
    It's not quite sorted out yet... Suspect the new radio is not playing nicely with the iho kernel

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

Only seems to affect iho Roms. It happens infrequently enough that I just live with it. It's only hit me four times in about a month, and I just can't give up BACKside.

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

No problems with texts sent or received, no reboots
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

Good! I might re-do the process myself, I've been averaging about one reboot a week since I did this and while it is infrequent, I'd rather not have any reboots at all!

13) Reboot into recovery.
    14) Go to Backup and Restore, choose Restore. Pick your latest backup.
    15) Reboot. Done!
    At these steps should this be Android System Recover (3e)?
    It seems to only reference an update.zip and you cannot choose your own as the Tips/notes seem to suggest?
    Do I need to use Flash GUI again to load Bobzhome's recovery?

I am all the way done through step 12) all worked well and running ZV9, and now I want do one of the following, but the recovery mode (Showing as Android Recovery System 3e) looked different, so wanted to double check:
    If you want the stock rom with root access, skip step 14. Instead, choose install zip from sd card, and flash jcase's modified SuperUser zip package. Reboot. Done!
    If you want a clean start (like I did) skip step 14. Instead, choose install zip from sd card, and flash your favorite rom (and gapps if necessary.) Reboot. Done!

So I am no longer seeing a install zip from sd card option in the Android Recovery System.... not sure how the Bobzhome recovery version disappeared, unless it should during this process.

So should I root the phone at this point again? I can't seem to with GingerBreak any more
    Last edited by havosoki; 04-18-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Hope someone can provide some incite on my roadblock. Just being extra cautious.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

Re run the Gordita file, you don't have the correct recovery. Gingerbreak won't work after this update, that's part of what Gordita does for you. Did you get any error messages?

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

Does any one have a working link to the ZV9 update?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

ROM
    BACKside, TMU Bugless

It's in the OP. Unless VM pulled it. I had linked directly to the file on their servers.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

Quote Originally Posted by brotherswing View Post
    It's in the OP.

Have you tried using the link lately? It goes to virgin mobile's page to buy a Triumph.

Unless VM pulled it. I had linked directly to the file on their servers.
    Yeah, wouldn't have posted if it had worked... Just saying

Re run the Gordita file, you don't have the correct recovery. Gingerbreak won't work after this update, that's part of what Gordita does for you. Did you get any error messages?

Excellent thanks brotherswing, doing that step again did the trick. Did it line by line to double check.
    Thanks!

The sleep 10 command does result in a unrecognized command....

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by havosoki View Post
    The sleep 10 command does result in a unrecognized command....
    Sleep is not a standard windows batch command - though lots of people have sleep.exe files installed separately. I never checked if it was added in vista or win7, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't in xp, even with command extensions enabled.

Edit: @brotherswing: you could add a sleep.exe to your zip (just downloaded it and didn't see one). Or maybe just a pause command instead and have the user hit enter. I know... but they never awarded Oscars for the most elegant windows/DOS batch file anyway

Edit2: Another comment on the guide (now that I got to read it more carefully ;-) Regarding the need to pull battery on the first boot (mentioned in step 5), I believe you can avoid that by factory wiping (in recovery, of couse) before the first run of update.zip.
    Last edited by Dannemand; 04-20-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    Sleep is not a standard windows batch command - though lots of people have sleep.exe files installed separately. I never checked if it was added in vista or win7, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't in xp, even with command extensions enabled.

Edit: @brotherswing: you could add a sleep.exe to your zip (just downloaded it and didn't see one). Or maybe just a pause command instead and have the user hit enter. I know... but they never awarded Oscars for the most elegant windows/DOS batch file anyway
    Ok this is strange, I spoke to soon.
    I rebooted once and entered Recovery just found, but restarted once more and now I am back to the old Recovery 3e.

Any thoughts?

ROM
    Changes Daily

If you don't flash jcase rooted.Zip the stock rom will automatically flash stock recovery back to the phone

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by havosoki View Post
    Ok this is strange, I spoke to soon. I rebooted once and entered Recovery just found, but restarted once more and now I am back to the old Recovery 3e.
    I am sorry, I should have been clearer: My response was really for brotherswing regarding the use of Sleep in his BAT file. I quoted you because your post alerted me to the fact that there even was a sleep command.

I saw what thewraith wrote -- I didn't realize that the new stock ROM will flash stock recovery again, thus overwriting your custom recovery. That would explain your problem: First time you're booted into Bobzhome recovery, the root you have is only temporary, and you MUST either (1) flash "jcase rootme.zip" (to maintain stock root) OR (2) flash your favorite custom ROM (for a fresh install) OR (3) restore a nandroid.

Start from Stage 2 of brotherswing's guide and follow it to the dot -- and you should be good.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

Anyone looking for this update it is here. You may want to use it in OP.

Scroll down to resources, Click on " ? Software Update (VM670ZV9) "
    I believe they disabled direct linking to increase traffic on their website.

Followed guide and worked fine. Gordita.bat ran while I rebooted the phone and installed just before the start up screen.
    Last edited by MarkD426; 04-20-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD426 View Post
    It goes to virgin mobile's page to buy a Triumph.
    LOL, what do you think Virgin Mobile is trying to tell us?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast