[Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically challeng

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Brotherswing, do you know why the new baseband is not showing up anywhere in my phone? It did when I did the update but not after reroot and restore.

The baseband information is pulled from the Rom. Mine reports "unknown" and has since about July of last year.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
There's a file buried in the system that lists it somewhere, I'm trying to remember it. JerryScript posted it in the radio update thread a couple of weeks ago.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its a system file in system/sys/devices but it says zv5 in it I don't understand, did I even get an update? did I go through all of that for nothing?

PacifistRiot

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically chal

I just used the backsideupdater feature to check my radio version and just saw that it still says V5. Yet I flashed the new radio zip a while ago.. Are the new radios not being written or are they just still saying V5?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just used the backsideupdater feature to check my radio version and just saw that it still says V5. Yet I flashed the new radio zip a while ago.. Are the new radios not being written or are they just still saying V5?

The radio zip does not work. The only way to get the new radio is to flash the whole vm update from stock recovery. You flash it once from a non-touch non-multirom custom recovery. Bobzhome or iho recovery recommended. That'll give you stock rom+ stock recovery. To get the radio you need to flash once more from stock recovery.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
That's strange.. I never have a problem flashing stock recovery then the update... Then re-root and restore... And I've been playing with sprint radios and using the update as a way back... Not sure why it didn't work the first time but I'd try it again if you really want the new radio. Honestly tho unless your signal is weak and you really need it its probably best to hold off until the reboot issues on iho are solved with the new radio

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I went back, reflashed the update, rebooted, flashed the update again, updated the software, flashed custom recovery, flashed backside iho and everything is up to date. I'm running backside and it says the version is ZV9! I guess doing it twice did the trick.

PacifistRiot

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] How to flash the ZV9 update, for the technically chal

So whats with the random reboots when sending text messages with the new radio?

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Only seems to affect iho Roms. It happens infrequently enough that I just live with it. It's only hit me four times in about a month, and I just can't give up BACKside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy