Just A question about porting a rom to OV

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that doesn't work is MMS.
Froyo based Sense can be made to work using Go SMS, at least it's worked for one person on one rom. GB based Sense however has evaded all methods so far, many have tried.

Personally, I have a have swapped cdmasmsdispatcher, apns settings, build.prop edits, and even the mms,apk from a wildfire on a similar version of Sense, it won't go. I wish it would there is a great Sense based rom for my Evo I would love to use.

Reactions: glarepate

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Froyo based Sense can be made to work using Go SMS, at least it's worked for one person on one rom. GB based Sense however has evaded all methods so far, many have tried.

Personally, I have a have swapped cdmasmsdispatcher, apns settings, build.prop edits, and even the mms,apk from a wildfire on a similar version of Sense, it won't go. I wish it would there is a great Sense based rom for my Evo I would love to use.

I have been able to port over the Hero and got Sense to boot on my OV :p Just nothing at all works. I think if you can help me I can help you :) We can get this done

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've done it, and it was the hardest thing ever. I've been talking to a lot of different devs over on XDA about getting it stable, and I'm just going to wait until they get all the bugs ironed out (they have more support, and frankly more time) and I'm going to get all the info I need. BTW, I ported Sense 3.5. Probably not the greatest idea in the world.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Has anybody by chance put up a Sense ROM for the Evo on open source? I would love to try to build it from source, to possibly try to fix some of the problems that occur on VM.

EDIT:
I have been able to port over the Hero and got Sense to boot on my OV :p Just nothing at all works. I think if you can help me I can help you :) We can get this done
I'll gladly be part of that team.

Reactions: LeoLawliet

heloworld

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so its possible, just it a lot has to get done. All this sounds great, I kinda want to be part of it, but I has no knowledge in porting Rom or either cooking one, I mean I can learn it, I'm good at that.. any you think you can teach me? I mean I don't want to waste your time, just if you can. I'd really want to do and be part of this port. And thanks for answering my question:):D:):thumbup:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I know pretty much nothing about porting roms, I only port phones. LOL

I only know what I know about Sense because of porting my Evo to VM and trying to get Sense MMS working.

heloworld

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I know pretty much nothing about porting roms, I only port phones. LOL

I only know what I know about Sense because of porting my Evo to VM and trying to get Sense MMS working.

I think that's what I meant ^ idk Lolz, I'm pretty much a newb making any roms or porting, but I do know about computers, Ubuntu, windows, Mac lolz I'm just really interested in this lol

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

:( so there may never will be a fix for mms on lewa,idroid,joy,etc???
Well at least we got to see and played with them on the OV :)

Even tho its strange because on the idroid rom Ian able to send then with no problems at all! :)

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say never, but until you get someone who really knows the code and wants to tackle it, no.

I was just thinking.. do you think we could add in the commit that CM made for MMS in cm9 in the sense ROMs? I would love to try it out. Although CdmaSMSDispatcher.Java and .smali are 2 totally different things to mess with. Like I said before, when I get my evo on VM I'll be sure to help you guys with that.
I'm a huge fan of sense!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking.. do you think we could add in the commit that CM made for MMS in cm9 in the sense ROMs? I would love to try it out. Although CdmaSMSDispatcher.Java and .smali are 2 totally different things to mess with. Like I said before, when I get my evo on VM I'll be sure to help you guys with that.
I'm a huge fan of sense!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

It's over my head on that, I really don't play with code.
Jerry and Brooksyx might have an idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63