• 1 Post By LeslieAnn
  • 1 Post By thaunknownartist
  • 1 Post By rukin5197
  • 1 Post By LeslieAnn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Question Just A question about porting a rom to OV

is there a chance an htc sense rom will ever be ported to the v? is it possible?
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Default Re: Just A question about porting a rom to OV

Possible, yes well anything work, most likely not.
    RAZR Developer

ROM
    JB

Want me to give it a try?

-Help Me Level Him By Just Clicking Him

Stay Updating on my ROMs here!
    Thanked by:
    glarepate likes this.
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

The only thing that doesn't work is MMS.
    Froyo based Sense can be made to work using Go SMS, at least it's worked for one person on one rom. GB based Sense however has evaded all methods so far, many have tried.

Personally, I have a have swapped cdmasmsdispatcher, apns settings, build.prop edits, and even the mms,apk from a wildfire on a similar version of Sense, it won't go. I wish it would there is a great Sense based rom for my Evo I would love to use.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Thanked by:
    glarepate likes this.
    RAZR Developer

ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    Froyo based Sense can be made to work using Go SMS, at least it's worked for one person on one rom. GB based Sense however has evaded all methods so far, many have tried.

Personally, I have a have swapped cdmasmsdispatcher, apns settings, build.prop edits, and even the mms,apk from a wildfire on a similar version of Sense, it won't go. I wish it would there is a great Sense based rom for my Evo I would love to use.
    I have been able to port over the Hero and got Sense to boot on my OV Just nothing at all works. I think if you can help me I can help you We can get this done
    Thanked by:
    notown likes this.

ROM
    MIUIgb | AOKP

I've done it, and it was the hardest thing ever. I've been talking to a lot of different devs over on XDA about getting it stable, and I'm just going to wait until they get all the bugs ironed out (they have more support, and frankly more time) and I'm going to get all the info I need. BTW, I ported Sense 3.5. Probably not the greatest idea in the world.
    Thanked by:
    glarepate likes this.

ROM
    MIUIgb | AOKP

Has anybody by chance put up a Sense ROM for the Evo on open source? I would love to try to build it from source, to possibly try to fix some of the problems that occur on VM.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by thaunknownartist View Post
    I have been able to port over the Hero and got Sense to boot on my OV Just nothing at all works. I think if you can help me I can help you We can get this done
    I'll gladly be part of that team.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock

Wow, so its possible, just it a lot has to get done. All this sounds great, I kinda want to be part of it, but I has no knowledge in porting Rom or either cooking one, I mean I can learn it, I'm good at that.. any you think you can teach me? I mean I don't want to waste your time, just if you can. I'd really want to do and be part of this port. And thanks for answering my question:thumbup:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock

Want me to give it a try?
    You can if you want to, I just don't waste anyone's time on this.:thumbup:

ROM
    Harmonia 3

I know pretty much nothing about porting roms, I only port phones. LOL

I only know what I know about Sense because of porting my Evo to VM and trying to get Sense MMS working.

glarepate likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock

I know pretty much nothing about porting roms, I only port phones. LOL

I only know what I know about Sense because of porting my Evo to VM and trying to get Sense MMS working.
    I think that's what I meant ^ idk Lolz, I'm pretty much a newb making any roms or porting, but I do know about computers, Ubuntu, windows, Mac lolz I'm just really interested in this lol

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

so there may never will be a fix for mms on lewa,idroid,joy,etc???
    Well at least we got to see and played with them on the OV

Even tho its strange because on the idroid rom Ian able to send then with no problems at all!

ROM
    Harmonia 3

I wouldn't say never, but until you get someone who really knows the code and wants to tackle it, no.

ROM
    MIUIgb | AOKP

I wouldn't say never, but until you get someone who really knows the code and wants to tackle it, no.
    I was just thinking.. do you think we could add in the commit that CM made for MMS in cm9 in the sense ROMs? I would love to try it out. Although CdmaSMSDispatcher.Java and .smali are 2 totally different things to mess with. Like I said before, when I get my evo on VM I'll be sure to help you guys with that.
    I'm a huge fan of sense!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by gannon5197 View Post
    I was just thinking.. do you think we could add in the commit that CM made for MMS in cm9 in the sense ROMs? I would love to try it out. Although CdmaSMSDispatcher.Java and .smali are 2 totally different things to mess with. Like I said before, when I get my evo on VM I'll be sure to help you guys with that.
    I'm a huge fan of sense!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    It's over my head on that, I really don't play with code.
    Jerry and Brooksyx might have an idea.