Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By BackHandLegend
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default rom for flashed metro pcs optimus v

i am looking for a developer that can make a rom for the optimus v and that can get mms and internet text and calling working on the optimus v flashed to metro pcs
    AC Forums Android Developer

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Default Re: rom for flashed metro pcs optimus v

I already told you how to do it.

The problem with someone else doing it, is that above all else, few have the need/knowledge, not to mention that there is no way to test since none of us have that, and lastly it means supporting a phone/system we don't own, nor do we want to.

Obviously someone converted the phone over, there is probably a thread for people who have converted their phones, but this is EXACTLY why I tell people sell the VM phone and just buy a Metro or whatever phone, Virgins MMS really throws a kink into anything coming or going.

Worse though, you converted a year old, very low end phone to a different low end carrier. Most people when they do that, they start with a high end phone because economically, it makes very little sense to convert a low end phone to another carrier. It probably sounds harsh, but that is your situation. If you had a nice Evo, yeah, there are people who have done it and could help, but almost no one wants to do what you have done because it's backwards.

^ Owned
    KidFr3sH and Encerspay45 like this.
    AC Forums Android Developer

Carrier
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by BackHandLegend View Post
    ^ Owned
    It wasn't meant to be taken that way, it's just that you have to be realistic.

Carrier
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

Hi I flashed my Optimus V to MetroPCS, got everything working, Data, Text, Web, Calling, MMS. I also fixed BACKside to work with MetroPCS. The ROM flashing will only fix MMS, it will not fix data/web. I can help you with the data part.

I have an Optimus V and I dont know anything about flashing it to Metro, could you please assist me with this it would be greatly appreciated!!