Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by JerryScript View Post
    The question is, why are some people getting bad md5sums?
    Understood, I'm sorry, I'll stay off your thread.

I was responding to the question of whether renaming the cwm backup folder would cause md5 errors at time of restore - which it WILL if you include spaces on the name.

Default Re: [Recovery] CWM-Green w/BacksideUpdater Auto-Install

I can't install cm9 quattrimus with this recovery, it returns "installation aborted status: 7"

Edit: I just read that you are fixing this in the next update on page 8
    Last edited by demoport; 04-25-2012 at 12:13 AM.

JerryScript, I am having trouble with the recovery. I downloaded via the mediashare link you posted. I also checked the md5sum both on my PC and on the phone and they match the one given. Backside Updater didn't like the recovery, so it told me to check the file and try again. But, still had the same problem after multiple attempts.

Went to Terminal and used flash_image to flash the recovery. Was successful. But, something is wrong with the button mappings? Neither the camera or home button will select a menu item. I can still scroll though.

I couldn't figure out how to post /cache/recovery/last_log. I go to /cache and it is empty.

EDIT: Home key does work! So everything is good after using flash_image.
    Last edited by wsbnt; 04-25-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Thanked by:
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

You can rename CWM Nandroid's at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup WITHOUT spaces.

Works for me.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

New build of CWM-Green is up, as well as accompanying changes to BacksideUpdater!

md5sum e3963b7709fe23c2ae5667e318e50d96

See my repos for code changes: github.com/jerryscript

CWM-Green:
    --Fixed issue preventing asserts based zip files from installing (ie: ICS requires thunderc)
    --Added Verify option to backup menu (checks md5sums to verify, helps with sd-ext issues)
    --Added auto backup (wipes cache+dalvik first)
    --Added auto restore with verification (from CWM compatible nandroid backups)
    --Added full wipe/format + auto-install
    --Made indeterminate progress bar visible for all operations of unknown duration

BacksideUpdater:
    --Added option to menu for Backup/Restore
    --Added list of options for installation:
    ---- Manual
    ---- Automatic
    ---- Full Wipe/Format + Auto-Install
    --Added option to menu to install any ROM or Theme zip file (including ICS zips)

Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, tdm, LeslieAnn, Koush, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a whole lot more!
    Thanked by 5:
    clodfelterac likes this.
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

a touch for your recovery would be sweeeeet!... then id have one for ics and one for gb... nice!... thanks for being the shizznit!.. :-)

This is great work. Jerry I speak for all of AC when I say thank you for all of your work.:thumbdown:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    a touch for your recovery would be sweeeeet!... then id have one for ics and one for gb... nice!... thanks for being the shizznit!.. :-)
    Nice sig man.

Also which roms at this point are....(how you say) integrated with this recovery? Is it just IHO so far? (Cuz I like my H2 lol)
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

AFAIK, only a few ROMs are using it so far. Once people get used to it, I imagine more will adopt it.

ROM
    CM9 KANG

Noticing this is open source, would you mind if I ported this for use with the Exhibit II?

We don't have ROM Manager support and your app has a good, simple, easy design to it.

We've been looking for a faster way to update ROMs for CM9 and this seems like a good idea.
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

you keep putting the themedizzle on this bad boy and ill just use it as my rom...go old school DOS style!!! :thumbup:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #112  
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Quote Originally Posted by KemikalElite View Post
    Noticing this is open source, would you mind if I ported this for use with the Exhibit II?

We don't have ROM Manager support and your app has a good, simple, easy design to it.

We've been looking for a faster way to update ROMs for CM9 and this seems like a good idea.
    Port away! Let me know if you have any issues. I'm sure there will be some API changes moving from Gingerbread to ICS, but I doubt it will be too difficult. You'll probably want to remove the long-press handler, it is only used to show the OV's radio version. Use it for whatever you like.

BTW- the person who helped me build my first ROM doesn't have to ask to port anything I've made! Thank you KermikalElite, you started me off!
    sellers86 and cmerlyn like this.

ROM
    CM9 KANG

Port away! Let me know if you have any issues. I'm sure there will be some API changes moving from Gingerbread to ICS, but I doubt it will be too difficult. You'll probably want to remove the long-press handler, it is only used to show the OV's radio version. Use it for whatever you like.

BTW- the person who helped me build my first ROM doesn't have to ask to port anything I've made! Thank you KermikalElite, you started me off!
    Okay I'll start forking right away. Its nice to know that I still have support from this community despite moving on.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    sellers86 likes this.

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Just wanted to say thanks for everything you do Jerry. You started me off, and ive been working hard, i just cant quite get the hang of it. this summer will do wonders for me though. More time to work on it. Thanks again for all your work and help, i really appreciate it. Hopefully I can get as good as you
    Guess whos coming back!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    OV Backside , MIUI 2.4.20

Great work on this recovery Jerry. My old man likes the ability to get a "reading" on the baseband. even though he can't load that infamous VM radio update yet. His newer OV is used for business and he won't risk bricking it. He has too many important apps & contacts to lose. (Time Sheet which records his time by the hour!). My old OV has finally died due to electric shock. A wiring short in our truck took out the charging port, battery..etc. My next phone will be the EVO 3D so I'll miss your support, but my old man appreciates all your hard work on this rom. Thanks again!!!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes Daily

Jerry just wondering if you were still looking into making this recovery accessible to qpst? Just would be a little more convenient

ROM
    Bobz CM10.0

ok. i have a question. I idiotically flashed a radio with the recovery. how do i fix the brick?

ROM
    Bobz CM10.0

Seriously....The only thing I have been able to do is get my phone to do is get a blue screen then I hold home-voice search-power. I haven't been able to get it to boot into recovery mode... Can somebody help me please?

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner1985 View Post
    Seriously....The only thing I have been able to do is get my phone to do is get a blue screen then I hold home-voice search-power. I haven't been able to get it to boot into recovery mode... Can somebody help me please?
    Wait you flashed the radio update and are at a blue screen any way to take a picture and post it here?

ROM
    Changes Daily

If your on a blue screen it sounds like your in fastboot mode... I don't know how to use it but I know you can flash a recovery from there....

King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

you need to flash this from your recovery again. redownload it,do a new wipe and install :

sounds like you may either have a bad download or have downloaded a recovery and have it confused with the actual iho rom. i hope you get it working property :thumbup:

ROM
    Bobz CM10.0

I'm not able to get into recovery. I can get to fastboot by pressing home-voice search-power. All i get is the LG screen. Is there anyway for me to flash a recovery without beingg in recovery mode?

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

I'm not able to get into recovery. I can get to fastboot by pressing home-voice search-power. All i get is the LG screen. Is there anyway for me to flash a recovery without beingg in recovery mode?
    I would use Jerry's recovery posted here in place of what that guy suggests. Just rename the file to recovery.img and follow his instructions.

ROM
    Bobz CM10.0

ok....I'm trying to use "How th fix LG Optimus V Fastboot Issues" to fix my phone.....got everything installed i needed. Tried to erase recovery and I get a message: FAILED <command write failed <unknown error>>........What am i doing wrong?

ROM
    Changes Daily

ok....I'm trying to use "How th fix LG Optimus V Fastboot Issues" to fix my phone.....got everything installed i needed. Tried to erase recovery and I get a message: FAILED ........What am i doing wrong?
    What about emergency mode?
    Back + volume down + power

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast