[Recovery] CWM-Green w/BacksideUpdater Auto-Install

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
The question is, why are some people getting bad md5sums?

Understood, I'm sorry, I'll stay off your thread.

I was responding to the question of whether renaming the cwm backup folder would cause md5 errors at time of restore - which it WILL if you include spaces on the name.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't install cm9 quattrimus with this recovery, it returns "installation aborted status: 7"

Edit: I just read that you are fixing this in the next update on page 8

Last edited:

wbsrlnyt

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
JerryScript, I am having trouble with the recovery. I downloaded via the mediashare link you posted. I also checked the md5sum both on my PC and on the phone and they match the one given. Backside Updater didn't like the recovery, so it told me to check the file and try again. But, still had the same problem after multiple attempts.

Went to Terminal and used flash_image to flash the recovery. Was successful. But, something is wrong with the button mappings? Neither the camera or home button will select a menu item. I can still scroll though.

I couldn't figure out how to post /cache/recovery/last_log. I go to /cache and it is empty.

EDIT: Home key does work! So everything is good after using flash_image.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build of CWM-Green is up, as well as accompanying changes to BacksideUpdater!

CWM-Green-recovery-05022012.img
md5sum e3963b7709fe23c2ae5667e318e50d96

See my repos for code changes: github.com/jerryscript

CWM-Green:
--Fixed issue preventing asserts based zip files from installing (ie: ICS requires thunderc)
--Added Verify option to backup menu (checks md5sums to verify, helps with sd-ext issues)
--Added auto backup (wipes cache+dalvik first)
--Added auto restore with verification (from CWM compatible nandroid backups)
--Added full wipe/format + auto-install
--Made indeterminate progress bar visible for all operations of unknown duration

BacksideUpdater:
--Added option to menu for Backup/Restore
--Added list of options for installation:
---- Manual
---- Automatic
---- Full Wipe/Format + Auto-Install
--Added option to menu to install any ROM or Theme zip file (including ICS zips)

Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, tdm, LeslieAnn, Koush, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a whole lot more! ;)

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Noticing this is open source, would you mind if I ported this for use with the Exhibit II?

We don't have ROM Manager support and your app has a good, simple, easy design to it.

We've been looking for a faster way to update ROMs for CM9 and this seems like a good idea.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Noticing this is open source, would you mind if I ported this for use with the Exhibit II?

We don't have ROM Manager support and your app has a good, simple, easy design to it.

We've been looking for a faster way to update ROMs for CM9 and this seems like a good idea.

Port away! Let me know if you have any issues. I'm sure there will be some API changes moving from Gingerbread to ICS, but I doubt it will be too difficult. You'll probably want to remove the long-press handler, it is only used to show the OV's radio version. Use it for whatever you like. ;)

BTW- the person who helped me build my first ROM doesn't have to ask to port anything I've made! Thank you KermikalElite, you started me off!

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Port away! Let me know if you have any issues. I'm sure there will be some API changes moving from Gingerbread to ICS, but I doubt it will be too difficult. You'll probably want to remove the long-press handler, it is only used to show the OV's radio version. Use it for whatever you like. ;)

BTW- the person who helped me build my first ROM doesn't have to ask to port anything I've made! Thank you KermikalElite, you started me off!

Okay I'll start forking right away. Its nice to know that I still have support from this community despite moving on.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to say thanks for everything you do Jerry. You started me off, and ive been working hard, i just cant quite get the hang of it. this summer will do wonders for me though. More time to work on it. Thanks again for all your work and help, i really appreciate it. Hopefully I can get as good as you :p

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Great work on this recovery Jerry. My old man likes the ability to get a "reading" on the baseband. even though he can't load that infamous VM radio update yet. His newer OV is used for business and he won't risk bricking it. He has too many important apps & contacts to lose. (Time Sheet which records his time by the hour!). My old OV has finally died due to electric shock. A wiring short in our truck took out the charging port, battery..etc. My next phone will be the EVO 3D so I'll miss your support, but my old man appreciates all your hard work on this rom. Thanks again!!!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Jerry just wondering if you were still looking into making this recovery accessible to qpst? Just would be a little more convenient

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

redrunner1985

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Seriously....The only thing I have been able to do is get my phone to do is get a blue screen then I hold home-voice search-power. I haven't been able to get it to boot into recovery mode... Can somebody help me please?:(

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Seriously....The only thing I have been able to do is get my phone to do is get a blue screen then I hold home-voice search-power. I haven't been able to get it to boot into recovery mode... Can somebody help me please?:(
Wait you flashed the radio update and are at a blue screen any way to take a picture and post it here?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

If your on a blue screen it sounds like your in fastboot mode... I don't know how to use it but I know you can flash a recovery from there....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca