Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Please Help.

I understand that this is a big question and I've done a lot of research and found that none of the answers yet have worked for me.

I rooted my phone yesterday. This morning, I went to Privacy and factory reset my phone (now I know that that is a big no no) and I'm stuck on the clockworkmod recovery v3.2.0.1.
    Most links for xionia don't work. I did get one or two but when I go into install zip from sdcard, it starts to install and then aborts. Could you please help me?
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

Default Re: Please Help.

What do you mean it aborts? Sorry, I never dealt with this problem, but everyone else knows what to do.....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Okay, I click choose zip from sdcard, below is what it says,

[HL]Installing: (file name)
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Installation aborted.[/HL]

This is with Xionia, btw.

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Did you use ROM manager?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

Yes, I used ROM manager.
    I'm stuck in recovery mode. Whenever I reboot it just goes right back to recovery mode.

ROM
    MIUIgb | AOKP

Oh.. crap
    Double Whammy
    Samurai Dev

ROM
    IllusionB / OM

Reboot loop (LG screen, recovery screen -> formatting -> rebooting)
    If you have a reboot loop going, you'll have to install Xionia recovery first to fix it, even if you want to use another recovery afterwards.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by clodfelterac; 04-22-2012 at 10:24 AM.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.XX

Well at least you learned...
    You could try running the VM ZV9 update from their site.

I think you might need to something new like flashing the Optimus S firmware to your Optimus V
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock

It still aborted when I used the above files. Maybe I'm installing the files wrong. Should the flash_image and xionia image file be together in a zip or seperate?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock

Sorry for double post

Quote Originally Posted by clodfelterac View Post
    Reboot loop (LG screen, recovery screen -> formatting -> rebooting)
    If you have a reboot loop going, you'll have to install Xionia recovery first to fix it, even if you want to use another recovery afterwards.

I followed the video on that thread and it didn't help...

Have you tried to flash via adb?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

You've got a recovery boot loop from factory reset and ROM Manager. You need to figure out a way to flash Xionia recovery, so you can use the boot loop fix. Can ADB recognize your phone? Because if it can you can push flash image and flash Xioni over adb, fix the bootloop and flash a ROM, or the ZV9 Virgin Mobile update to go back to stock. But, try to connect your phone and navigate to your ADB directory (you will need to install the android SDK) and type ADB Devices and see if your phone is recognized when it's in recovery.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock

I'm sorry but I'm not very good at adb... Is there a tutorial or a video I could watch that would explain how to do it well? Don't you open it up in cmd.exe or something... I'll research it.

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka210 View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm not very good at adb... Is there a tutorial or a video I could watch that would explain how to do it well? Don't you open it up in cmd.exe or something... I'll research it.
    It's basically installing the Android SDK, opening up command prompt and navigating to the Platform-Tools directory and running command prompt there. Your phone can be fixed, as long as you are willing to put in the work.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Stock

I am totally willing to put in the work, I just don't know how to connect my phone to ADB. I once tried to make an android app so I have an Android SDK manager on my pc. Will that help? I just need noob friendly directions... By the way, thanks for helping me.

ROM
    MIUIgb | AOKP

Okay. put the xionia image and flash_image into the folder that is in your SDK/platform-tools and open a command prompt
    And type this in the terminal:
    Code:
    cd Path_to_sdk/platform-tools
    adb devices
    If you have numbers underneath that command, then that's good. Continue on to the next
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb push xionia.img /mnt/sdcard
    adb push flash_image /mnt/sdcard
    flash_image recovery /mnt/sdcard/xionia.img
    Note that you're going to need to change everything that I said in bold to the names that you have.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    Stock

It says it doesn't recognize the Flash_image command

By the way, when doing command, adb remount it said unknown error: 0
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ROM
    Stock

EDIT*
    It's not worth the time of anyone here to have a fight like this. I'm very sorry I did this but you can be nice, too!
    Last edited by Paul627g; 04-22-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Edited by moderator.

Wow, that is some awfully poor moderating, to remove a post when I only tried to explain that you need to do more reading. I did not insult you at all, but I received a 10 point infraction, and my post was deleted.

I wonder if I will receive another infraction for saying "awfully poor moderating?" Or does this forum not allow free speech, either?

Btw, there's a difference between personally insulting a moderator, and stating that the moderation is bad.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Wow, that is some awfully poor moderating, to remove a post when I only tried to explain that you need to do more reading. I did not insult you at all, but I received a 10 point infraction, and my post was deleted.

I wonder if I will receive another infraction for saying "awfully poor moderating?" Or does this forum not allow free speech, either?

Btw, there's a difference between personally insulting a moderator, and stating that the moderation is bad.

We don't have the time or patience to split hairs in this case. Berating another member in a condescending post does no good for you, the other member, or anyone else reading this thread. I'd like to direct your attention to two of the forum rules that you agreed to follow when signing up for your account:

Personal Attacks - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to neither criticize nor insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.
    Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.
    In regards to the post immediately preceding mine, I'd like to direct you to the following forum rule:
    Taking Threads Off Topic (aka Thread Crapping) - While the interplay of a conversation in the forums will naturally wander; members must not intentionally derail a thread from its original topic.
    With that said, we can end discussion of this topic and get back to the topic of this thread. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Sorry for the interruption folks, please continue
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    Stock

Thank you,
    I can connect my phone to ADB (I believe) but the other commands don't work...

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    We don't have the time or patience to split hairs in this case. Berating another member in a condescending post does no good for you, the other member, or anyone else reading this thread. I'd like to direct your attention to two of the forum rules that you agreed to follow when signing up for your account:

In regards to the post immediately preceding mine, I'd like to direct you to the following forum rule:

With that said, we can end discussion of this topic and get back to the topic of this thread. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Sorry for the interruption folks, please continue
    Ok thank you, I understand now, I wasn't trying to insult him but I could've had a more helpful tone. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

SORRY for taking thread OT. OP, I recommend you do more reading before you ask people questions, because from the looks of it, it seems that you have not done any reading at all, you just want people to explain everything for you. That is my opinion.
    Thanked by 4:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    Stock

I actually have done a lot of reading, which is why I posted this thread... I've been trying to fix it for a day and then I thought I should ask for help. I'm not trying to be in anyone's hair or annoy anyone, I just really want to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocka210 View Post
    I actually have done a lot of reading, which is why I posted this thread... I've been trying to fix it for a day and then I thought I should ask for help. I'm not trying to be in anyone's hair or annoy anyone, I just really want to fix this.
    You say you've done a lot of reading, I'm not sure what but maybe you missed this:

<a href="http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/108282-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html"> Simplified Rooting</a>

It's a guide that is a sticky here on the forum. It says clearly, do not hit factory reset after rooting your phone, that's a huge headache for everyone.

Last edited by droidmyme; 04-22-2012 at 04:50 PM.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    You say you've done a lot of reading, I'm not sure what but maybe you missed this:

<a href="http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/108282-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html"> Simplified Rooting</a>

It's a guide that is a sticky here on the forum. It says clearly, do not hit factory reset after rooting your phone, that's a huge headache for everyone.

Yeah... I discovered this forum after I factory reset it...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast