SMS Random reboots.....?

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a couple people with this problem already, after the radio update, and I'm wondering. What is causing this? Everytime I try to txt, the phone reboots.

I even reverted to froyo and it happens. Even on VM's update.....

They broke my phone D:<

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying the Xioniaredux kernel for optimus s. It works on the v with a home and menu key swap. No reboots as of yet but it's only been an hour and a few texts and a phone call.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a couple people with this problem already, after the radio update, and I'm wondering. What is causing this? Everytime I try to txt, the phone reboots.

I even reverted to froyo and it happens. Even on VM's update.....

They broke my phone D:<

A bit confused, are you getting "SMS Random reboots" or "Everytime I try to txt..."? Specifics could help with troubleshooting this. ;)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
CuriousNoob when you get the new one I suggest easing into putting roms and such on it. You seem to have had very bad luck with this phone.

Also I would follow what I suggested about formatting the sdcard and such. If you really need the data from a game or some other app then restore it via TB/MBU. Otherwise be patient and VERY slective of what you install on this phone for a bit.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I barely install anything, but Opera, Superbox, Quickpic, Tapatalk, and 2 others.

I gave your idea a go, but it didn't work.

Everytime I called VM, they would say " Okeh, so do ze factory Reset, and see what happens "

I called 3 times. Got a replacement via email. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@CuriousNoob: Several others have had the SMS reboot issues on IHO after installing the ZV9 update, but it sounds like your phone has it worse than most. It's been discussed quite a bit in LeslieAnn's radio patch thread.

As I mentioned to you a few times now, tdm posted a patch here to put GingerKernel on MiRaGe 04/03. Since I installed it, I haven't seen a single reboot, SMS lag or other radio issues. My phone is back to being the rock that I've come to expect from MiRaGe.

I understand that you got a replacement phone from VMU, so you're back on ZV4. But if you still have the ZV9, I think it would be a helpful test for the community to see if that GingerKernel-MiRaGe 04/03 combo can stabilize it. Again if your phone had so many SMS reboots, this would help us know if GingerKernel really solves it for good or merely "improves" stability.

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
@CuriousNoob: Several others have had the SMS reboot issues on IHO after installing the ZV9 update, but it sounds like your phone has it worse than most. It's been discussed quite a bit in LeslieAnn's radio patch thread.

As I mentioned to you a few times now, tdm posted a patch here to put GingerKernel on MiRaGe 04/03. Since I installed it, I haven't seen a single reboot, SMS lag or other radio issues. My phone is back to being the rock that I've come to expect from MiRaGe.

I understand that you got a replacement phone from VMU, so you're back on ZV4. But if you still have the ZV9, I think it would be a helpful test for the community to see if that GingerKernel-MiRaGe 04/03 combo can stabilize it. Again if your phone had so many SMS reboots, this would help us know if GingerKernel really solves it for good or merely "improves" stability.

I have been running TDM's patched GingerKernel on the Mirage 4/3 for 2 days now with no issues. I was having bad reboots on BackSide after the radio update and moved over to Harmonia 1.8 and was still getting the same reboots. I am not experiencing any issues besides the screen wake which I can overcome by hitting the power button and then tapping on the screen which will wake it. If that were fixed I would be good to go. I regret doing the update now but at least I have something stable now that doesn't reboot constantly after sending a text message. I also added the camera fix because I do need my camera on my phone. I look forward to the source being released so that we can get this issue fixed so that I can freely enjoy all the ROMs that are offered for our phone once again. I do however need a reliable phone right now, so thank you for all the troubleshooting and help that has been done.

Reactions: Dannemand

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Sure. I have it sitting in front of me, but it's NOT activated. What if I use it, and overclock past 600 and see if that works?

Oh I see, your new ZV5 is activated on your number now. No, without radio activity, we couldn't make a realistic test.

Of course you can try with an OC and see if GingerKernel helps (I did notice the issues you had with that). But that is not the primary focus of GingerKernel in relation to ZV9. Radio related actions are where others had reboots and problems.

Honestly, I wouldn't ask you to spend time on that - unless you want to, of course. Thanks a lot, though :)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
i have a ZV9 IHO'd phone i can test with

Thank you. If your phone is having the radio issues (reboots on SMS, airplane mode, occasionally on calls, lags on SMS) then that would be great.

The patch posted by tdm (linked in my post above) is specifically for MiRaGe 04/03.

LeslieAnn's radio patch thread is probably the best place to post your findings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood