Kernel Source

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to where the source code is for any of the IHO kernels is? I've searched, but the only things all I can find are already compiled as zImages or zips (or broken links). Thanks!

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded your source code for the kernel as a tarball... wow, I'm lost. 300 MB of code makes my head spin, I can't believe someone actually had the time and sanity to write it. I feel like a frog that jumped into the ocean, and to think I don't even know simple linux commands :SMH: maybe I'll learn how to compile it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded your source code for the kernel as a tarball... wow, I'm lost. 300 MB of code makes my head spin, I can't believe someone actually had the time and sanity to write it. I feel like a frog that jumped into the ocean, and to think I don't even know simple linux commands :SMH: maybe I'll learn how to compile it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

The Linux kernel was released in the early 1990s and was a few thousand lines of code. 20 years later its now the massive piece of awesome you see.
To compile it you need a toolchain. You can get this on the prebuilt folder in an android repo.
To build run
Code:
$ ARCH=arm make menuconfig #to configure it
$ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/bin/arm-eabi- make -j2

First you should copy the right config to .config (in Bob's and mine its chaos_defconfig, located in arch/arm/configs. Stock is something like thunderc.. something)

And 300mb ain't bad. An android repo is somewhere around 9 or 10 gb

Last edited:
Reactions: anthonycr

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a ton! Now to get everything to compile correctly...

It would probably be easier if I built on Ubuntu like most other people seem to do, but I do love the stability of Debian, even if it makes tracking down dependencies slightly annoying...

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a ton! Now to get everything to compile correctly...

It would probably be easier if I built on Ubuntu like most other people seem to do, but I do love the stability of Debian, even if it makes tracking down dependencies slightly annoying...

I use debian. Hasn't caused me any issues yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC