1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lg optimus v battery comsumption

ive been wondering if all lg optimus v from virgin mobile waste a lot of battery? i got a brand new phone and ive tried battery saving apps and they dont work as much, my battery drains quick with in a few hours, its nothing compared to my ipod :/ i dont know much about androids but there seems to be a problem with this phone's battery or the phone doesnt work.

Battery saving apps are a bandaid at best. You need to find out what specific app(s) are sucking the life out of the battery with constant syncing, checking location (banner ads on free apps), etc. Also, the frequency of use has a huge effect. Sitting idle, an Optimus V should only lose 1-2% per hour, but with heavy use you can kill the battery in just a few hours.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: lg optimus v battery comsumption

which battery apps are the best because theres a bunch of them on the market, i got juice defender, advanced task killer, battery booster and plus a few games that i dont use often and still my battery decreases by one percent every 2 minutes. my friend has an optimus v with the same provider and everything and at the end of school we compare our phones and mines like 40% lower than his, i dont get it?
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Most battery saving apps and any task-killer apps are a waste of time. Android is setup for multitasking unlike the iPod or even the iPad/iPhone, so apps that sync always run in the back-ground.

Not saying that the V battery life is bad with the right setting and knowing what apps doe what I get 18 - 21 hours on a single charge.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You don't have all those apps going at once, do you? Some of them probably run in the background without you knowing.

I get the impression you're running the stock software. There are apps pre-loaded on your phone that will drain the battery. Also, apps that use background data that you install like Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, GMail, etc... will eat your battery. My advice would be to remove all the apps you've installed, add a Power Widget to your homescreen and make sure to disable 3G, GPS, and/or Wi-Fi when you're not using it, lowering brightness when appropriate, etc... Of course, I want to tell you to root, install a custom recovery, and load Harmonia 2 on there, but...well, one step at a time.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

my ipod has multitasking, and what are the correct settings? how do you get that much battery life?!?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ok ima delete all those apps but what exactly is rooting?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

right now i only have 4 hours of battery life and ive been using it 4 hours ago
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Most battery saving apps and any task-killer apps are a waste of time. Android is setup for multitasking unlike the iPod or even the iPad/iPhone, so apps that sync always run in the back-ground.

Not saying that the V battery life is bad with the right setting and knowing what apps doe what I get 18 - 21 hours on a single charge.
    I'm sorry... But I remember Leslieann saying it was proven that Task Killers DO help if your on a stock rom.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Banned

ROM

Juicedefender sometime kills your battery faster of your browsing ans downloading whilr its in use.

Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

so its good to have task killlers in a "stock rom" idk what that is but ok?

ROM
    My Version Of CNA

Quote Originally Posted by miguel760 View Post
    Stock rom is the rom thebphone comes with out of the box. Rooting and custom rom do expand battery life by the hours...but like previously said one step at a time

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Banned

ROM

Basically, stick with us, and we'll help you out. Just avoid. Rom Manager.(On the market)

Thanked by:

Here is the best guide to better battery life on the v. Even on stock rom like yours it will double the life.

But you really should look into rooting and flashing a better rom you will get 4x the battery life.
    Here is the info on how to do it. But Google rooting and roms first.
    [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

If you choose to root and want the best battery life go with Haromina 2 and not the one recommended in the post above. It can be found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...t-updates.html

Edit: PS: here is a good starting point to help understand what rooting and roms are.

Last edited by Ph1Man; 04-26-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1Man View Post
    Here is the best guide to better battery life on the v. Even on stock rom like yours it will double the life.

But you really should look into rooting and flashing a better rom you will get 4x the battery life.
    Here is the info on how to do it. But Google rooting and roms first.

If you choose to root and want the best battery life go with Haromina 2 and not the one recommended in the post above. It can be found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...t-updates.html
    No, the king of battery life ROMs is Harmonia 1.8

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/78956-rom-harmonia-1-6-1c-aphrodite-picasticks-21sept11.html

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    No, the battery life king is Harmonia 1.8.
    I didn't know that it was better than H2. I know what my next rom will be. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Ph1Man; 04-26-2012 at 12:36 AM.

I didn't know that it was better than H2. I know what my next rom will be. Thanks for the info.

PS: here is a good starting point to help understand what rooting and roms are.

Harmonia 1.x is built on Android 2.2 (Froyo). Its simple, but battery life is very good. Harmonia 2.x is built on 2.3, Gingerbread, on the other hand. GB has additional features but uses more battery.

Speaking from experience, when I switched from CyanogenMod7 (Gingerbread) to Harmonia 1.8, I got 1-2 more hours of use per charge. I love CM but the long battery is what made me go back to Harmonia haha

Thanked by:
    Ph1Man 

If all this talk of roms and using a bunch of apps is too rough for your tech level you can always buy an extended battery. It will make your phone a little bigger and heavier but it is easy and very effective.
    Amazon.com: Hyperion Sprint LG Optimus S 3500mAh Extended Battery + Back Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by:

If all this talk of roms and using a bunch of apps is too rough for your tech level you can always buy an extended battery. It will make your phone a little bigger and heavier but it is easy and very effective.
    Amazon.com: Hyperion Sprint LG Optimus S 3500mAh Extended Battery + Back Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories
    This is true.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousNoob View Post
    I'm sorry... But I remember Leslieann saying it was proven that Task Killers DO help if your on a stock rom.

Task-killer are fine to a point on stock ROMS, but if all it is doing is killing a bunch of task set by apps that run in the background then it waste more battery then it well save. The best thing is to use the menu button for each app that sync's data and adjust how offend the app sync's,and the ones that you cannot change/adjust uninstall.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

my ipod has multitasking, and what are the correct settings? how do you get that much battery life?!?
    I'm sorry, but the new iPad and iPhone-4s are the only one that support multitasking, and that is only to a point. I believe the limit is set at 5 tasks, while the Android Froyo supports up to 12, Gingerbread 28 and ICS 24.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

so how do i root my phone step by step?
    and how do you play jar file games on my optimus v?

ROM
    Mirage

To root, use Gingerbreak, detailed in this thread: [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM
    SAMLOKA

Amazon.com: 2800mAh Battery For LG LS670 Optimus S Extended With Cover LGIP-400N SBPL0102301: Cell Phones & Accessories

nuff said. you wont regret it. no mods necessary. though this is the cheapest i found.

I got a 'brand name' one @EB for 20 flat. it runs for 35-40hrs w/ overclock to 864,3g always on with brightness close to medium. its been stable that way for the last 5-6 months

Here is a good starting point to help understand what rooting and roms are.

Here is the info on how to do it.

And, if you want to run a .jar on android you must convert it to a .apk but no guarantee that the resulting program will work.