Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

aaronmfisher86

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like Cold As Ice is working on Optimus V. I take no credit for figuring any of this out, or even being a DEV. I just like using ROMs. So here's the steps you need to take to get Cold As Ice working on the Optimus V!

Boot into recovery.
Make a backup.
Clear Data, Cache & Dalvik Cache.

Install the Cold As Ice zip...
Download Link - Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading alpha9d-cm9-LS670-kraven-signed.zip
Forum Link - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...m9-sprint-ls670-4-5-zvd-basesband-alpha9.html

Flash Gapps
Download Link - Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120317-small-signed.zip

Reboot your phone, it will take a while to start up.

Once it starts up you'll notice a few things are still messed up so reboot back into recovery.

Now you'll want to install the HydroKernel to fix the camera.
Download Link - http://www.teamhydro.net/downloads/.../HydroKernel-ICS-Edition-v01pre3-unsigned.zip
Forum Link - http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...el-gb-ics-hydrokernel-v01pre3-oc-enabled.html

Now it's time to fix the buttons.
Download Link - http://db.tt/bFtR1sAC
Forum Link - http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...hnicilly-challenged-thanks-cole2kb-4.html#anb

Last Step, Insatll CM9 Reloaded (Optional)
This will give you all sorts of awesome customization options! It's rad!
Forum Link (downloads at bottom of First Post) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1531222&highlight=preset

Now boot up again and enjoy CM9!

Note: The camera live preview doesn't work but it will take pictures. I guess taking video doesn't work either.

Note: I don't know anything about building ROMs so I would not be the right person to ask, just posting this to help out!

Last edited:

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but thread isn't anywhere near as easy to read through or follow or know what the hell is going on. That's why I think things like this thread, the 3G fix thread, etc, are very helpful.

That thread is very old, as it first started out as a link, then all the other devs reworked it and got 3G working. I just quoted what they said since it wasn't my work. Plus. Read it all before you decide you can't read it.

This is where all of you mess up.

Read everything, its important.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Not all of the information is there is a big problem as not everyone posts in the same format with the same level of information. You can still thank the ones who do the work while vastly improving on their original posts. That's completely in the spirit of Android.

It doesn't matter if it's your information or not, or if the thread is old, it's still possible to put things into an easy to read and follow format rather than forcing every user to read through half-there information that's compiled terribly. You seem to have a problem with organization for some reason.

Feel free to continue to feel superior though because the rest of us apparently don't read.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The only hardware difference between them is the button placement. But the software can be different. The OS has several radio firmware versions and I'm not familiar with the radio/kernel compatibility matrix. Not sure how the build.prop affects service (especially 3g) if it's for sprint. And then there is mms, which probably needs the xml tweaked to work properly.

Those are all the differences I can think of right now.

DDUBYO

May 24, 2011
Visit site
The only hardware difference between them is the button placement. But the software can be different. The OS has several radio firmware versions and I'm not familiar with the radio/kernel compatibility matrix. Not sure how the build.prop affects service (especially 3g) if it's for sprint. And then there is mms, which probably needs the xml tweaked to work properly.

Those are all the differences I can think of right now.

Everything is working great, but your right about one thing. The mms. Seems like it sends, but it really doesn't. Everything else but that and the camera preview works amazing

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Not all of the information is there is a big problem as not everyone posts in the same format with the same level of information. You can still thank the ones who do the work while vastly improving on their original posts. That's completely in the spirit of Android.

It doesn't matter if it's your information or not, or if the thread is old, it's still possible to put things into an easy to read and follow format rather than forcing every user to read through half-there information that's compiled terribly. You seem to have a problem with organization for some reason.

Feel free to continue to feel superior though because the rest of us apparently don't read.

I quoted because I was asked to.

I rather not copy and paste, because I rather not take credit for other peoples work.

It doesn't matted how its organized.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I had 4 freezes and had to pull the battery and wait a bit. So I decided to ditch this right now.
Maybe to do with the fact that I have ZV5?
I talked with cammykool and he told me to update to ZV9 but I do want a confirmation as if that's why.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
any way to change the carrier label from Sprint to Virgin Mobile? It doesn't really do anything, just sort of bothers me.

It is located in build.prop in the line

Ro.cdma.home.operater=Sprint

Change the sprint to virgin mobile.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy