Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
    SAMLOKA

Default Re: Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

ive had many problems with jjerrys recovery and this ROM. as soon as i went back to drews recovery everything worked 100% great. this was awhile ago, so some updates might have changed that.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Is mms working on the latest build?
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]

Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    Yes

ROM
    MIUIv4

It's always worked... for OS users. The OV and OS handle mms differently, and considering this is an OS from, we'll never have completely functional mms for us without a work around. Just use Quattrimus.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Cyanogenmod 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Octahedron View Post
    It's always worked... for OS users. The OV and OS handle mms differently, and considering this is an OS from, we'll never have completely functional mms for us without a work around. Just use Quattrimus.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Cyanogenmod 9.
    Considering the MMS fix is as easy as entering 3 things into GoSMS I would not recommend switching ROMs purely for that reason.

ROM
    backside

There is no mms issues on 10g with kravens vm fix. No need to change anything.

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

mms works just fine on cai

ROM
    Quattrimus

CAI is more developed than quattrimus. mms does work, and so does the camcorder. the only thing I've noticed doesn't work is panoramic camera, but that doesn't work w/ quattrimus either. Also working on CAI that's not on quattrimus: settings>themes and settings>system>Lock Screen. AND it doesn't have the force closes and reboots. Yes, it was made for the S, but the S and V are VERY similar. In fact, after bricking my V, the only thing I could turn on was e-mode, I installed S Firmware!!!!

I have been trying out the Quatrimus builds for my OV (old OV with bad mic) and the force closes were a problem even with no OC. Market was a problem but it could also force close sitting at idle. I had been sticking with IHO for my daily (new OV).

I tried CAI and I have not had a single force close. I haven't really tried GPS but so far this seems very stable. I went ahead and loaded CAI on my main OV for daily use.

EDIT - 3G was working but now it will not come back on. I confirmed it was selected ON. Tried airplane mode, on and off a couple of times. Restarts didn't help either. I guess I will try a reflash .....
    Last edited by Freedomrock; 05-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.

ROM
    AOKP build 40

is the system clock still laggy, its quite annoying

ROM
    MIUIv4

Quote Originally Posted by benslgdroid View Post
    There is no mms issues on 10g with kravens vm fix. No need to change anything.
    Where can I find Kraven's vm fix?

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

On the optimus s cold as ice thread! I just flashed it all together the rom. 10g and vmfix a10,and I got to say WOW this cool, even recording video works
    Thanks TK!!
    Edit MMS does WORK! Sweet
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MIUIv4

On the optimus s cold as ice thread! I just flashed it all together the rom. 10g and vmfix a10,and I got to say WOW this cool, even recording video works
    Thanks TK!!
    Yeah, got a10g and the fix all booted up with amphetamines and reloadedICS all flashed. Smooth as butter.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    OppyV and Badboytoast like this.

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

Clock sync app from the market
    Thanked by 4:

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomrock View Post
    I have been trying out the Quatrimus builds for my OV (old OV with bad mic) and the force closes were a problem even with no OC. Market was a problem but it could also force close sitting at idle. I had been sticking with IHO for my daily (new OV).

I tried CAI and I have not had a single force close. I haven't really tried GPS but so far this seems very stable. I went ahead and loaded CAI on my main OV for daily use.

EDIT - 3G was working but now it will not come back on. I confirmed it was selected ON. Tried airplane mode, on and off a couple of times. Restarts didn't help either. I guess I will try a reflash .....
    Yes, reflash and make sure everything is transferred correctly. Verify the data if you can before flashing again.

Just to let you know that this ROM has the issue with the bluetooth address found on other ROMs and was fixed by mrg

ROM
    MIUIgb

Thanks TK!!
    I was looking looking at the open and all I see is a9 for cai can't seem to find the a10 version sooo where can I get it and do I need to follow the download instructions in the open with all the downloads that need to be done.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

I added it to the alpha 10G box in post two. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post1612822
    Thanked by 4:
    Badboytoast likes this.

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

All you have to do is flash alpha 10g plus the VM fix for a10 plus gapps and reboot!
    Thanked by:

Re-flash seemed to cure the 3g problems. I am surprised at how stable this is compared to Quatrimus (sic?) ICS. I don't think my wife is ready to upgrade from IHO but for me this is now my daily. I have had zero force closes in almost 24 hours. MMS doesn't seem to work. I will check the thread but I thought i saw that MMS was working for some.

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomrock View Post
    Re-flash seemed to cure the 3g problems. I am surprised at how stable this is compared to Quatrimus (sic?) ICS. I don't think my wife is ready to upgrade from IHO but for me this is now my daily. I have had zero force closes in almost 24 hours. MMS doesn't seem to work. I will check the thread but I thought i saw that MMS was working for some.
    It should work if you flashed the 10G version. If it doesn't, it could possibly be that you have lower service. I've noticed that here in my town, at my house, I cannot get mms. I sent a picture from my email to my phone and all I got was the subject. However, when I went more east, where there's more coverage, I got pictures no problem. Also, you could try the Go SMS fix. Go into Go sms, settings>advanced>MMS Settings>check fill apn config manually. MMSC=http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?
    MMS proxy=205.239.233.136
    MMS port=81

Hope you get it working.
    sammyz likes this.

does bluetooth work for calls on CAI? apparently it does not work on Quattrimus and I need my BT headset to make calls...sorry if this was already answered, I can't find it...

ROM
    Quattrimus

Well I checked the Cold As Ice forum thread by TheKraven, and he said it isn't working yet. He said that that, and hq youtube is not working and voice search. youtube and voice search are both easily fixed, but I don't know about the bluetooth audio for calls.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

I'm running cai alpha10g and Im not having any of these problems

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
    I'm running cai alpha10g and Im not having any of these problems

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2
    when you go to youtube on the browser, it loads videos right away? And your voice search didn't require an uninstall and installation from the play store? I haven't had that clock lag in a few days, so I think after reflashing it a few times fixes that.
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast