[Geniuses needed] smali editing

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So, I am trying to port the ICS Pattern Lockscreen to Froyo. As can be seen from the pictures, I have added some humor to the lockscreen, but as you can also see, it is not quite all there yet. I can edit xml fairly well and as you can see I have gotten the look almost complete, but the one problem that remains is the THICKNESS of the connecting lines. You all know that the pattern lock in ics has those nice thin lines, but these are thick. I have searched High and low through xmls and have come up empty handed, so I am assuming that the code is somewhere in the smali files of android.policy.jar.

I know its a long shot because not many people really delve deep into this part of the lockscreen, but I am hoping that there is a genius around here that could tell me how the heck I make the lines skinny.

pictures here:
76-lock2.png
75-lock.png

Help please...:confused::p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about a xml doing thickness, but have you looked in the drawable images? I'm sure it's located in there somewhere..

Its not a drawable image, that was my first thought. It would have to be a perfectly round .9.png that could be stretched... I couldn't find one that fit the description though. I've replaced all the code lock pngs with holo ones and it fixes everything but that stupid thick connecting line.

If you know of a png I might have missed that would be helpful.

@cammy, I don't think zv9 has a problem with it at all. There should be no problem, since froyo is very stable, and no one has reported any bugs with zv9.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, problems for some, not all. Let's not detail the thread.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that the lines are created from pngs because when the lines cross over, the opacity does not increase.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I get the feeling that most of the members (other than devs) here don't even know what smali is, otherwise someone beside gannon (thanks g ;)) would have said something... oh well...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've dabbled in smali a little but not enough to hunt down this change. I'm sure some of our in house AC Devs probaby have some better knowledge on this but working in smali is not something people go out of their way to dive into. Lets face it, after all smali code is a pain in the butt and usually ends up with a good headache before its said and done.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I've dabbled in smali a little but not enough to hunt down this change. I'm sure some of our in house AC Devs probaby have some better knowledge on this but working in smali is not something people go out of their way to dive into. Lets face it, after all smali code is a pain in the butt and usually ends up with a good headache before its said and done.

Its like an unknown language to me. Whoever wrote the code is a genius... Most I've done in smali is change my clock color.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't know if genius is the correct term, any dev that knows and understands smali will agree its garbage and that is normally why they turn to building directly from source as a way to avoid having to deal with smali code. It still exists in source but there is more flexibility and easier to do things from my understandings.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know if genius is the correct term, any dev that knows and understands smali will agree its garbage and that is normally why they turn to building directly from source as a way to avoid having to deal with smali code. It still exists in source but there is more flexibility and easier to do things from my understandings.

I was going to use the term douchebag to describe the writers of it, but decided that they were probably geniuses with really horrible senses of humor... it really is almost completely illegible.

I think the comment lines are in source, but when you compile the code they disappear. Then when you decompile there's absolutely no way to figure out what the line
Code:
.const v6, 0x1
.return void
Means...

fenixfurion

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I've done this successfully for the LG Optimus Slider.
In com\android\internal\widget\LockPatternView.smali of framework.jar (make sure you decompile with backsmali),
find something that looks like:

Code:
iput v2, p0, Lcom/android/internal/widget/LockPatternView;->mDiameterFactor:F

Above it, you should find something like:

Code:
    const/high16 v0, 0x3f00

Change 0x3f00 (or whatever it is) to 0x3dcccccd.

Reactions: anthonycr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams