Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Backside IHO/Quattrimus

Default Make Flashable Backup

Hello, I am a newbie to the forums, but I know a little bit about roms and rooting and the like. Anyway, I'm looking for a way to make a flashable .zip containing all my apps. I'm switching between roms so often, it'll be more useful than a nandroid backup. Anyway, would it be possible to do this? I don't know anything about adb or terminal, and I don't know any commands. I've seen an app in the play store called app2zip that's supposed to do this, but it doesn't work for the optimus v, I've tried it already. It gives me status 0 everytime I try to flash.

My question is: Can someone make an app or template to easily flash apps instead of using titanium backup to restore them when I switch roms?
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Default Re: Make Flashable Backup

You can make a zip that puts all your apk's in the proper place, but you would have to manually do it and it would not retain your data and it wouldn't auto update. All in all, it's pretty useless after about a week or two.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.

i m ov and i use app2zip, it works ok to me. when making the zip , i think you need to move apps to internal location, not in sdcard or sd-ext.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Backside IHO/Quattrimus

Default Re: Make Flashable Backup

Quote Originally Posted by samlin168us View Post
    i m ov and i use app2zip, it works ok to me. when making the zip , i think you need to move apps to internal location, not in sdcard or sd-ext.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    So what you're saying is, it won't work for me because I'm not putting the apps internally when I back them up? Even if that's not what you're saying, I'll try it out.