Custom Boot Animations

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am using the cm7 mod and trying to change the boot animation. I was able to change it before but now i can't get any animations to work either from the system/media or data/local locations. The checkbox in my cyanogenmod settings/performance/disable boot animations remains unchecked. Can someone please help me figure out why my ability to install custom animations is now "blocked".

THNX!

Last edited:

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem. Advice?

What rom are you running and is it a newer build? Looks the the op fixed his issue judging my the edit note below his post by changing to harmonia 2. So it was probobly an issue with the rom he was using, either a bad flash or corrupt file.

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have finally had the time to sit down and create my first boot animation. I created it in 320x480 resolution for the optimus v but if anyone is interested in using it on a different phone, msg me with your specs and i'll doctor it up for you. Sorry about there being no preview.

BTW - Just make sure once you copy the file to either data/local or system/media that you RENAME IT "bootanimation.zip" or it will not work. If anyone is having trouble i'll be glad to help.

Last edited:

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have finally had the time to sit down and create my first boot animation. I created it in 320x480 resolution for the optimus v but if anyone is interested in using it on a different phone, msg me with your specs and i'll doctor it up for you. Sorry about there being no preview.

You ought to go post it in the House of Treats! I'll be adding in a section for boot animations sometime in the next couple of days anyway, and it would be great to have something to kickstart the section.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

chadilac462

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You ought to go post it in the House of Treats! I'll be adding in a section for boot animations sometime in the next couple of days anyway, and it would be great to have something to kickstart the section.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I registered to your site but kept receiving error messages when trying to attach the file to a post.

Reactions: brotherswing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463