Fix V data for ZVD/ZVJ

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Updated OP for another use.
Do this:
Install Anycut----this is an app that is to be installed on phone.

Open Anycut>New shortcut>Activity>CDG2>OK>Go to home screen>Open CDG2

Select Data Setting>PPP Carrier>Undetermined>Hit back key>Phone will reboot.

• Open LGNPST (if it is not already) It will say LS670, we need to click phone setting
    phonesetting.jpg
  • Time to enter the spc or msl of your phone. this is the code we wrote down in procedure 2.
    inputspc.jpg
  • Now all we have to do is click read. It may freeze, just don't force quit the program.
    readphone.jpg
  • So now we are done with LGNPST, BUT leave it open!
    donewithlgnpst.jpg
  1. We need to open DFS
    dfsw.jpg
  2. after opening DFS do what it says in the picture:
    dfsprogramming.jpg
  3. After we are in the programming menu go to the mobile ip tab.
    mobileip.jpg
  4. Now that we are in the mobile ip dialog, we need to read all the phone info.
    reado.jpg
  5. Okay so now we need to delete everything the picture says to delete. MAKE SURE TO CLICK SAVE CURRENT PROFILE SETTINGS.
    profile1z.jpg
  6. So now we need to copy some settings from profile 3. You can write them down or type them in a word document or notepad. IMPORTANT!!! When copying the aaa and ha password, UN-check the block next to it.
    profile3u.jpg
  7. now we need to write these settings to profile 2.
    profile2p.jpg
  8. now reboot your phone and you should have working data, mms, and calling.
The end!

Last edited:
Reactions: WakeUpC22

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to fix a bricked LG Optimus V with S firmware

So, a couple of questions:

What situations exactly would this call for? Bricked as in no recovery? LG silver logo boot-loop? Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Doesn't the stock update.zip that we have now from VM that includes the radio image for the V make this lengthy process unnecessary?

Just looking for clarification. Thanks for the write-up! :)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So, a couple of questions:

What situations exactly would this call for? Bricked as in no recovery? LG silver logo boot-loop? Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Doesn't the stock update.zip that we have now from VM that includes the radio image for the V make this lengthy process unnecessary?

Just looking for clarification. Thanks for the write-up! :)

Bricks for if someone flashed the radio update in the touch recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

It fixes most major bricks. Like if you can't get into recovery, and are stuck in emergency mode.

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

On what step are you getting a fatal error? Is the error showing on the phone, in the DOS window, or in the lg app? (PS I got an error when i did this because on step 6 of section 1 I typed what it told me to write, but forgot to move the actual file to that location.)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I thought I attached a screenshot. It happens in the LG app, after the unplug-restart step. It runs for a minute, gets up to about 80%, then says that it can't continue because of a fatal error. Let me see if I can find the screenshot so you can see the log.

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I had a few weird errors when i did this as well. But, I just kept hitting retry, or disconnecting and rebooting and trying again. If that doesn't work you should press the power button, to see if it boots at all, if you are just stuck in a boot loop or have access to the recovery you might be able to do an adb push of a recovery or something else that would allow you to run the VM update.zip.

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Just looked at the screen shot. Did you run the entire process over again to see if you got the same error again?

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

The one thing I did notice was that I already had a newer version of one of the drivers from the package. Perhaps I'll downgrade to the one in the file and see what happens.

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

It looks like it is having trouble extracting the .cab file (could be corrupt or the location is wrong). You should redownload the unbrickfiles.rar then re-extract the unbrickfiles to the root of your c:\ as recommended, and be very careful when typing to type exactly what is in the instructions. (when you extract the files make sure your extract program does not create a second file e.g. C:\UnbrickFiles\UnbrickFiles\LS670ZVD.cab)

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Definitely use the one in the package, it doesn't matter any way because you are just going to over write it later.

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Alright, partial success so far! Finally got the updater to run and have the S rom currently running. When I tried to retrieve my MSL code, though, it said that feature was only available in the full version. It was late, so I decided to call it a night at that point.

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Great effort and guide

I actually posted mine right after yours without realizing this was already made.

I linked to this one in my post and hope that people get a lot of help out of this.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm having a problem with the CDMA workshop. The version available on the website is now 3.8.5, and when it try hit the "read" button with the LG method, it pops up an error saying that it's only available in the full version. Any workaround, or does someone have 3.8.0 they could upload?

daftande

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Well I have tried various recoveries and roms and still cant get my MSL/SPC.
I need it to change my MEID back from all zeroes.
Anyone got any tricks for fixing my MEID?

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

The op on this should be updated. cdma workshop demo doesnt allow spc code reading now. You have to buy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc