Expand Internal Storage

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys (remember me),

I come with another question that I couldn't find a complete answer for. No I didn't brick my phone xD.

The reason I rooted my phone was so I could have more memory so once I unbricked my phone I bought a 32 Gigabyte microsd card and have tryed to use Minitool to make an expandable internal memory. I have made Ext 3,4 and both don't seem to work (unless I'm doing some process wrong) and half the time my phone rejects the memory card because it's "damaged."

My first question is can you have expandable internal memory and second is which tool would be best?

Thank you for your help.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to make a 2nd partition is in your recovery under advance menu. Before you make it, backup your SD card on a computer because it formats it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (not really) using Tapatalk 2

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are still running stock, you need to format the second partition as FAT32. Stock will not recognize an ext partition. Go back to mini tool and reformat the second partition and you should be good. Also make sure both partitions are primary or it wont work.

Rocka210

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm running ICS ROM by the way.

I formatted the sd card and created two FAT32 partitions, one slightly larger than the other, and put it in my phone. Now in Link2SD it says Internal 100 MB, SD Card 19.88 GB, and SD Card 2nd Part 9.80 GB.
I want it to make my internal storage bigger, though.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You can't increase internal memory. However, with link2sd, you can link your apps to your second partition and free up internal memory that way.