AGPS Patch. Does It Work?

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I found a juicy thread in XDA Devs forums (in the Moto Triumph section) that has alot of info
listed there. It had a LG download ( to POSSIBLY fix the slow GPS issues?) listed on the page.
The list at the bottom of the page gives info on the tested phones so far, but no LG phones on that list. You can download a flashable zip for LG phones, but would it work for the OV's running ZV4 or ZV5 radios and didn't load the official update cause it would BRICK their phones. Would ANY of this help all those OV's that could use a GPS booster shot?!? Does any of it work?
Does anyone know?

Found it on XDA Developers Forums-Motorola Triumph Development : AGPS Patch Triumph
3.1 & 2.2 | Get Back To Rapid GPS Lock.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a very weak GPS with very high inaccuracy and frequently lost satellite connection. I haven't tried the patch in that thread, but the following is the gps.conf I found to be making my GPS work better by trial and error while checking the gps.conf options in similar threads in multiple forums. You can give it a try if you want.

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE
INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1
DEBUG_LEVEL=0
ACCURACY_THRES=3000
ENABLE_WIPER=1
CURRENT_CARRIER=common
SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=7276
SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7276
SUPL_PORT=7276
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com[/FONT]

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
They had flashable zips. I was just wondering if any worked on the OV. My old man's OV is for business and I don't want to risk bricking it with bad flashable zips. I was just wondering what everybody elses results or info was on this. I already am running GPS_Libraries_v2.0_RPC for
HD2_Gingerbread_update.zip found on Android Forums on my Moto Triumph (it's a good forum for MT stuff). I rely on the info here for the OV upkeep. I flashed a poorly written rom once in his
Samsung Intercept and BRICKED IT beyond repair, hence the OV. Since then, it's research first! Thanks for any 411 here. :)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Could we get a flashable.zip for us noob! Mrg666 thanks! :)

I recommend using FasterGPS. First, make a backup copy of /system/etc/gps.conf to your sdcard using your favorite file manager (I use ES File Explorer). Then, add the values I have given above (or different ones as you wish) using FasterGPS. If you want to go back, just copy your backup copy of gps.conf to /system/etc and reboot.

If you are still insisting on the flashable zip file, it is below. :)
VM670_agps_patch .zip

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a bunch Mrg666! FasterGPS works on my Moto Triumph too. (even with HD Gingerbread GPS Fix already in my rom, CM7.2 g60 style.)
Finally, something that works for both phones. My old man's OV really needed this. I owe you much for this tidbit! Many Thanks again!

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this patch with Bobzhome's CM7 latest build and my gps performance has been flawless. My phone would restart itself randomly when I used the gps function without this patch,

More people need to know about this patch if they are having GPS problems like I did.

Reactions: Badboytoast

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95