Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mrg666
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Default ROMs for the Lg Optimus V

What is the best and most stable android 2.3 or 4.0 custom ROM that is compatible on the optimus v.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.7 Rooted :)

Default Re: ROMs for the Lg Optimus V

All of the CM7 2.3.7 gingerbread roms for the V are stable, you can check out the list for the optimus v here. (Just make sure to scroll down to the Optimus V and not the other variants.)

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...on/wiki/Binary

If you're like me and want something as stable as possible, then I wouldnt recommend any of the ICS (4.0) roms that are out now, they are all in alpha I believe and some features do not work. Some people can deal with it, others like myself dont want to. It just comes down to preference.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes Daily

+1 what he said. IHO is the way to go for stability, reliability, and full functionality and there are several builds to choose from.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Did they ever fix the camera problem with CM9? and is MiRaGe a good stable one?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by androidalais View Post
    Did they ever fix the camera problem with CM9? and is MiRaGe a good stable one?
    Yes the cam works now in cm9 and mirage makes an excellent choice for cm7

AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

I love harmonia 2 pretty rock hard and stable but quattrimus is pretty stable also

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Lol, can we get some more "Best ROM" threads?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Nah, don't you see there are too many "Best ROM" threads already? "Bestest ROM" would be interesting though.
    Thanked by 3:
    dzdzjb and bkttk2 like this.
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

bestbestestesses rom thread - ultimate rom : 2.00.5.87.99.204 -- 7 Rom. thats the ticket :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Hi, I'm a noob when it comes to flashing roms. I have been reading & getting familiar with the process for several months now. I have an Optimus V, rooted with the Stock 2.2.2 Rom. I am in the middle of finding a ROM to choose as my 1st one to FLASH. I have read everyone's comments on the different roms & i have basically decided to go with an IHO, BobzHome version.
    I just have ONE question for you veteran Flashers...... from the list of IHO roms on the github page, listed under the LG Optimus V are several versions of IHO roms. I want to go with the BobZhome version, but how do I know whether to use CM7.2.0 RC1-BobZor use CM9.0 RC0-BobZ ? Basically whats the difference in the 2 and which would be better as my first try?
    Any help would be appreciated as once I get an answer, I'm ready to bite the bullet & flash this rom this weekend.

The cm9 version is ice cream sandwich, I would recommend you try the cm7 versions first as they are super stable and have more working features

Thanked by:
    wuzdat 

I have one more question before I flash this rom on my Optimus V, will I have to re-activate my phone and put all of my account settings back in after I flash the CM7 rom? I just haven't been able to find a clear answer about whether I will lose ALL settings & current capabilities for phone usage after flashing a rom. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

ROM
    OV:quattrimus OM:BACKside

Quote Originally Posted by wuzdat View Post
    I have one more question before I flash this rom on my Optimus V, will I have to re-activate my phone and put all of my account settings back in after I flash the CM7 rom? I just haven't been able to find a clear answer about whether I will lose ALL settings & current capabilities for phone usage after flashing a rom. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
    You will not have to activate, you will have to resign in with Gmail though.

Sent from VM670 on MetroPCS
    Thanked by:
    wuzdat 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Yes the cam works now in cm9

Are there any features that still don't work in CM9 since the software freeze?

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

The best ics cm9 is,imo thekravens cai(11d/test15kernel), and the best iho cm7 is, imo mrgs mirage(6/23/12).
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Are there any android 2.3 custom roms with the touchwiz interface? and what is the best cm7 version?
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Are there any android 2.3 custom roms with the touchwiz interface? and what is the best cm7 version?
    [ROM][WIP]OptimusWiz[06-07-2012]

Just download the camera ICS from the play store and use root uninstaller to get rid of the stock camera on the rom.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Are there any roms that use launcher pro or any other launchers instead of adw?

ROM
    IHOCM7.2 || AOKP

Are there any roms that use launcher pro or any other launchers instead of adw?

Just install launcherpro from the market... makes no difference.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP beta 2

Would it be possible to flash the bobzhome cm7 rom over the iho backside rom? And if i did it this way would i still have all my apps without having to restore all of them from ti-backup? What would be some bad side affects of doing this?

ROM
    Mirage

Would it be possible to flash the bobzhome cm7 rom over the iho backside rom? And if i did it this way would i still have all my apps without having to restore all of them from ti-backup? What would be some bad side affects of doing this?
    No, you need to do a full wipe in recovery before flashing a different rom. Bad side effects of doing this anyway would be cashes and instability in general.

Okay to all those Veteran flashers out there I would like to know how to flash my custom ROM and Google Apps to my Lg Optimus V please help as I have no idea how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tuter View Post
    Okay to all those Veteran flashers out there I would like to know how to flash my custom ROM and Google Apps to my Lg Optimus V please help as I have no idea how to do this.
    [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamhos View Post

^--+1 the best thing you can do is read through the stickies at the top of this forum. Lots of good information there.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware