[MOD] Beats Audio for LG Optimus

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Which recovery are you guys using?
iam using VM670NH.recovery!

Just tested and it flash successfully, the only way i could get the zip to flash from the OP was to download the app from Google play, open it and select. Other 0317 and after that exist the app, boot into recovery and install the zip like a rom! But ONLY WIPING CACHE AND DELIVIC CACHE then install beatsAudio.zip, reboot and listen to music :D

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Just tested and it flash successfully, the only way i could get the zip to flash from the OP was to download the app from Google play, open it and select. Other 0317 and after that exist the app, boot into recovery and install the zip like a rom! But ONLY WIPING CACHE AND DELIVIC CACHE then install beatsAudio.zip, reboot and listen to music :D
This is my favorite recovery app. You should try it out! It's not that much worse than 5.0.2.8 (only 0.0.0.1 lower).
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...cwmt-recovery-5-0-2-7-th7-t-touch-ov.html#anb

Edit: An even better one is: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ouch-v1-2-latest-update-06-24-2012-a.html#anb

Last edited:

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Let's calm down. O.P isn't forcing any one to use this MOD. if you haven't tried it then let's not judge, especially that way. Just saying. Any way , I noticed a slight crisp improvement..if it's a placebo ..it's fooling me. Plus the improvement is very noticeable when I plugged in my cheap 15$ full ear headphones..sound is nice

Reactions: inceyet

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You are the reason music is produced so terribly these days. Beats is in general just a poor sounding DSP and boosting your bass just ruins sound quality. If you want good bass you need hardware to do it.
you if don't like it, don't download it simple as that. Dont ruin better music sound for others

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Let's calm down. O.P isn't forcing any one to use this MOD. if you haven't tried it then let's not judge, especially that way. Just saying. Any way , I noticed a slight crisp improvement..if it's a placebo ..it's fooling me. Plus the improvement is very noticeable when I plugged in my cheap 15$ full ear headphones..sound is nice
I personally like using it with headphones .... I bought $5 headphones from the dollars store. They sounds like $30 headphones.

magus7091

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
You are the reason music is produced so terribly these days. Beats is in general just a poor sounding DSP and boosting your bass just ruins sound quality. If you want good bass you need hardware to do it.

Keep in mind we're working with a low end phone. Music production has nothing to do with the hardware on which it's played. What is being offered is a way to get better sound out of a budget device. I tried one of the beats audio mods that was supposed to not crash dsp manager but it did, MegaBassBeats is awesome. Why should you have to buy high level hardware to get good sound?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind we're working with a low end phone. Music production has nothing to do with the hardware on which it's played. What is being offered is a way to get better sound out of a budget device. I tried one of the beats audio mods that was supposed to not crash dsp manager but it did, MegaBassBeats is awesome. Why should you have to buy high level hardware to get good sound?

AMEN!

randomosity117

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Nobody is making anyone flash this. If you don't want it, don't download it. Considering I don't own an iPod or anything I can see why a lot of people would look for ways to enhance the sound. I use MegaBassBeats butthats my own preference. Everyone has their ownown

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Because a DSP can't magically increase sound quality and the DSP in question is known to be terrible for sound quality because it gives an unbalanced sound. By hardware, I mean a nice pair of cans, a system with a subwoofer, etc. That's how you get great sounding bass. Your terrible ipod earbuds aren't going to suddenly sound amazing by using this. This isn't an amp or pre-amp. It's just an equalizer.

If you want to "enhance the sound" get better headphones or play your phone through a nice sound system.

Reactions: ubu_roi

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Because a DSP can't magically increase sound quality and the DSP in question is known to be terrible for sound quality because it gives an unbalanced sound. By hardware, I mean a nice pair of cans, a system with a subwoofer, etc. That's how you get great sounding bass. Your terrible ipod earbuds aren't going to suddenly sound amazing by using this. This isn't an amp or pre-amp. It's just an equalizer.

If you want to "enhance the sound" get better headphones or play your phone through a nice sound system.

I think we all just want a better sounding phone. Thats it. Nothing to it. Just because i like gingerbread doesn't mean im going to go buy a new phone.

Just an equalizer? If that's it then they made a great one. So this equalizes our hardware to something we think sounds better. No harm in that. Any one who cant equalize will get a fart sounding phone, no doubt. I think this helps the average person who cant get it right.

Since we don't all have money to be wasting, and we have perfectly working OVs ( that could use a boost in sound) ..why not?

Your terrible ipod earbuds aren't going to suddenly sound amazing by using this.

The "amazing" part comes from the listeners themselves. Its relative and depends on the hardware used. Results vary. Yeah its just and equalizer but it seems to get the job done.

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think we all just want a better sounding phone. Thats it. Nothing to it. Just because i like gingerbread doesn't mean im going to go buy a new phone.

I'm sorry, but did I mention buying a new phone? The fact that you think buying a different Android phone can increase sound quality means you have no idea what you are talking about.

Just an equalizer? If that's it then they made a great one. So this equalizes our hardware to something we think sounds better. No harm in that. Any one who cant equalize will get a fart sounding phone, no doubt. I think this helps the average person who cant get it right.

Except it already is "right" when it's mastered. At least, that's the ideal for producing music. If something is loudness mastered to begin with (compressed and made loud as because people are idiots) then you can't use a DSP to fix that. You also can't add bass to ty headphones. Think of a car rattling when someone installs a sub and how terrible that sounds. The same concept applies here.

Since we don't all have money to be wasting, and we have perfectly working OVs ( that could use a boost in sound) ..why not?

This doesn't boost the sound. It gives you a bass heavy unbalanced sound that will sound terrible on anything that doesn't have nice bass properties to begin with. If you want to boost how something sounds then you need an amp of some sort. This is a basic one:

Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics

The "amazing" part comes from the listeners themselves. Its relative and depends on the hardware used. Results vary. Yeah its just and equalizer but it seems to get the job done.

Placebo effect and people not knowing any better because they've never heard better sound quality to begin with. Example: Anyone who thinks ipod earbuds sound good, buys Beats products, Bose products, or Skull Candy products.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but did I mention buying a new phone? The fact that you think buying a different Android phone can increase sound quality means you have no idea what you are talking about.

Except it already is "right" when it's mastered. At least, that's the ideal for producing music. If something is loudness mastered to begin with (compressed and made loud as because people are idiots) then you can't use a DSP to fix that. You also can't add bass to ty headphones. Think of a car rattling when someone installs a sub and how terrible that sounds. The same concept applies here.

This doesn't boost the sound. It gives you a bass heavy unbalanced sound that will sound terrible on anything that doesn't have nice bass properties to begin with. If you want to boost how something sounds then you need an amp of some sort. This is a basic one:

Amazon.com: FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier: Electronics

Placebo effect and people not knowing any better because they've never heard better sound quality to begin with. Example: Anyone who thinks ipod earbuds sound good, buys Beats products, Bose products, or Skull Candy products.

just leave us alone. You seem upset, so please take it down a notch. you win :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21