Returning Rooted Phones.

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday made it one week since I returned my 1st replacement phone (which was rooted) . Its also been a week since I got my 2nd replacement phone.

Since it was rooted and its been a week does that mean they didn't check it? Do they ever check it? What happens if you return a rooted phone and they do check it?

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
not sure if they check that but if they did they can do anything from sue for fraud, since you lied. they can cancel your plan and ruin your esn. thats really about it. im not sure if they think its worth the hassle though.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
they can and do check. because they refurbish many of the returns for reuse. they can easily remove the rooted setup in favor of stock. but that isn't the point. its best to remove root with a restore if at all possible with the stock zv9 update. then the device is sent back in factory state. if you cant accomplish this due to issues with the device that prevent it,then you have to send it back as is. but the latter should always be the case to return it not restored.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
They don't care dude. Quit worrying yourself. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work. They just salvage what they can or scrap it for the metals. Sold 2 rooted phones to best buy last week. They knew and just asked me to factory reset it since they didn't know how.

Besides, its easy for them to unroot and reflash whatever stock they want.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You can send a rooted phone back. Doesn't really matter.

But, if you want it on stock, flash VM update ZV9 through a recovery like Xionia or Bobz recovery. After it updatea, reboot, turn off, ship it back.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay