Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

ROM
    A10 (C.a.i)/ Hydro Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by torch2424 View Post
    Alright Guys, I might Update tonight I fixed the icons like bornagain penguin suggested, added build.prop tweaks for better performance and like a good amount more of battery like expect 9 hours at least of battery life, more than 12 with regular use :3 and right now Im working on the messaging and music apk and I apologize cloud buster, but I honestly don't know blue tooth that well, or anyone that could help me with it :/

But expect a REALLYYYYYY Good build tonight or tommorow night

(Oh, and the reson why I update so quick, Is because Im only 16 years young, and all I really do is skate XD and I needed a new hobby ever since gaming got boring, and became an android dev)
    Same! Lmao and did you change the status bar at all?:o

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #102  

ROM
    Godzilla

Default Re: [ROM][PORT] Joyfully Optimus - Ios Gingerbread Rom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by inceyet View Post
    Lmbo that's what's up man good job and your work is very good keep it up and at least this keeps you out a lot of trouble lol

No, trust me I get in alot of trouble, This is just a side hobby XD And sorry But I probably won't update the new rom till tommorow(But forsure tommorow), I just remembered I had to upload a video sorry for the tease :/

And sorry lemon but no I didnt, because honestly, I would rather have a translucent status bar than an straight black one, so I'll just leave it the way it is, and i dont see the need to look at the status bar when at the lockscreen when it is displayed in huge bold text slightly under it XD
    Last edited by torch2424; 06-14-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Wanted to respond to lemon :3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

ROM
    Godzilla

I tried making the edits in the music and sms apps and failed miserably :/ You guys are REALLY testing my knowledge of apk's...and I unfortunately do not know how to shift text(And I cant find it on google) and in the music apk the text field that needs to be changed already says "Artists" so I dont know what is causing the problem :/
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MIUIgb

Quote Originally Posted by torch2424 View Post
    No, trust me I get in alot of trouble, This is just a side hobby XD And sorry But I probably won't update the new rom till tommorow(But forsure tommorow), I just remembered I had to upload a video sorry for the tease :/

And sorry lemon but no I didnt, because honestly, I would rather have a translucent status bar than an straight black one, so I'll just leave it the way it is, and i dont see the need to look at the status bar when at the lockscreen when it is displayed in huge bold text slightly under it XD
    Lol I feel ya but keep at bruh I'm still trying to find time to even attempt to dev but I got a family so with that said keep grinding nd im liking this rom nice and stable. The only thing for me us the BT issue aside that its a definitely a keeper.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07/Mirage2.6.3

Another cool thing would be to put the 3g icon on the left with the status bars when the clock is centered D

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP / CM9

Is there a way to have the "slide to unlock" screen AND a password? Because every time I set a password, the Slide To Unlock part goes away.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP / CM9

Nevermind. Got it. Haha sorry

ROM

Wait... torch is there a way to a ios pin lock built in?! <3

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

For the BT issues have you guys try mgree newest kernel! It might do the trick I can't test because I don't own a BT

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    "The Button Pusher"

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold as Ice - CM9 kraven

Torch, I am an Optimus S user..

I ported JoyOS (didn't port yours, but someone else's on XDA) and I keep getting a google.process.acore error EVERY SECOND, EVERY-TIME I boot up.. I also get a JoyOS Launcher FC, but I think it has to do with the google.process.acore FC because when it pulls up the error, the launcher resets itself... Anyways, with this error, I can't get around the ROM at all. The Launcher doesn't load at all, that's why I can't navigate around the ROM...

I followed this guide to port JoyOS - GUIDE | How To Port JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide ~ blindndumb

I did EVERYTHING specified... even the little text that says you have to copy the three files in order to keep your ROM from hanging and getting FC's..

"VERY IMPORTANT :

1. Copy libandroid_runtime.so from JoyOS to Base ROM, Other Wise ROM won't boot.
    2. Copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from JoyOS ROM to Base ROM , else you will get acore process error and continuous FCs" - Quote from the webpage....

Anyways, this is preventing me from doing anything with the ROM..

Do you have ANY earthly idea as to why this might be happening??

Please help...
    Please click the like and thanks buttons if/when I help you out... Also, If you like my work, please consider donating. I greatly appreciate it! Donations are via PayPal, and you may use your debit/credit cards, as well as Bank accounts to help me out with the funds of continuing development of the LG Optimus S.

ROM

I dont want to be that guy but.. im anxious for the new update not rushing or anything because like you said your 16. :P
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #112  

ROM
    Godzilla

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickAkridge View Post
    Torch, I am an Optimus S user..

I ported JoyOS (didn't port yours, but someone else's on XDA) and I keep getting a google.process.acore error EVERY SECOND, EVERY-TIME I boot up.. I also get a JoyOS Launcher FC, but I think it has to do with the google.process.acore FC because when it pulls up the error, the launcher resets itself... Anyways, with this error, I can't get around the ROM at all. The Launcher doesn't load at all, that's why I can't navigate around the ROM...

I followed this guide to port JoyOS - GUIDE | How To Port JoyOS To Your Device | 2 Minute NOOBS Guide ~ blindndumb

I did EVERYTHING specified... even the little text that says you have to copy the three files in order to keep your ROM from hanging and getting FC's..

"VERY IMPORTANT :

1. Copy libandroid_runtime.so from JoyOS to Base ROM, Other Wise ROM won't boot.
    2. Copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from JoyOS ROM to Base ROM , else you will get acore process error and continuous FCs" - Quote from the webpage....

Anyways, this is preventing me from doing anything with the ROM..

Do you have ANY earthly idea as to why this might be happening??

Please help...
    make sure you copy libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so from the joyos rom, so like you totally need to extract those files, and plug them in once your done :0 other than that, I have no clue sir :/
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

ROM
    Godzilla

Quote Originally Posted by xxlemonxx View Post
    I dont want to be that guy but.. im anxious for the new update not rushing or anything because like you said your 16. :P
    I have several things to say to this in response...

1. Me being 16 gives me more time than the average adult

2.I dont mind being rushed, It kind of inspires me to work harder (to a point)

3. OP was just updated with the best build yet

Oh, and please tell me if something in the changelog isnt happening, or rom is messing up, I had two versions of this build, and I forgot which one was the right one, or if they were exactly the same XD
    Last edited by torch2424; 06-15-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP / CM9

And do we have to completely wipe everything or can we just wipe the caches?

ROM
    MIUIgb

Quote Originally Posted by CloudBusterr View Post
    And do we have to completely wipe everything or can we just wipe the caches?

In my opinion its best to do complete wipes to be safe.

ROM
    Stock Android 2.3.7

I will definitely give this rom a try looks interesting

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP / CM9

I love the update, Torch. The "Notifications" doesn't bug me anymore. Haha. Good job!

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07/Mirage2.6.3

Facebook for android won't give me the option to sync contacts on this rom..
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

I'm trying on my s in a hour

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Joyful iOS 2.0

I upgraded to the latest build this morning. Mostly loving it so far. Have noticed a few quirks, though:
    Previously, it was pretty rare for my data to drop to 1X, but it seems to be happening fairly often after flashing 2.0. Coincidence? It hasn't managed to re-acquire 3G signal on it's own. Only after toggling Airplane mode. There are some phantom notifications in the top bar. I don't have any new emails or texts, but it's telling me that apparently there's something I need to check. Battery life has been so-so, and it seems to get a bit warmer than usual.

As someone else mentioned, it'd be cool if you could move the 3G icon over to the left side of the notification bar with the signal bars. A few minor issues aside, I think the ROM is great. Thanks for making it.

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by DizzmalDan420 View Post
    I upgraded to the latest build this morning. Mostly loving it so far. Have noticed a few quirks, though:
    Previously, it was pretty rare for my data to drop to 1X, but it seems to be happening fairly often after flashing 2.0. Coincidence? It hasn't managed to re-acquire 3G signal on it's own. Only after toggling Airplane mode. There are some phantom notifications in the top bar. I don't have any new emails or texts, but it's telling me that apparently there's something I need to check. Battery life has been so-so, and it seems to get a bit warmer than usual.

As someone else mentioned, it'd be cool if you could move the 3G icon over to the left side of the notification bar with the signal bars. A few minor issues aside, I think the ROM is great. Thanks for making it.
    Maybe you had a bad flash? All of those things that you mentioned are working right for me. I'd wipe everything and flash again.
    My questions never seem to cease

More than just that--is it possible to make a full sized 3G icon and have it flash from grey to white to demonstrate data flowing? The current one, while the right color still distracts from the overall illusion.

Also, minor annoyance, but if there a way to either add a button for reboot to recovery or hide it from displaying when doing a reboot? It too throws me out of the illusion... Unless of course I want to go to the recovery menu, then it's just perfect!

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

Sorry thanked you by mistake enjoy, to the point don't you guys thank your been kind hard on torch2424, asking for the perfect rom! I don't mean to sound mean but this is one of the most stable PORTS for the OV. Just my point of view!

Thanked by:

ROM
    Always changing!

Torch - I've been using this ROM for about a week now. It has been a nice change from the usual. I gotta say I like your style - giving credit to everyone who made this possible. Don't lose that!

I did notice on UI text issue when receiving a call today -Thanks to some unfortunate text wrapping, the green and red buttons read:

ACCEP
    T
    and
    DECLIN
    E

Can't get a screenie as pressing the power-button declines the call.

Keep up the good work!
    If I made your day a little better, feel free to tap that thanks button!

"That's what I said!"

Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    Don't you guys thank your been kind hard on torch2424, asking for the perfect rom! I don't mean to sound mean but this is one of the most stable PORTS for the OV.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but if Torch never produces a single update, I will still be happy as a pig in mud. This Rom is absolutely great as is, precisely because it is so stable. It could still be improved on.

When I post it is to provide suggestions, not intended to be a complaint. I don't care if Torch takes any of them into consideration; all I'm trying to do is offer ways to make a great thing superlative. I sincerely hope that Torch receives my comments in that manner.

I love this rom.

Thanked by 2:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast