Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1697
Like Tree471Likes
  1. #26  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default

    @ kakapopo
    Only one way to find out
    Flashing it and testing it!

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #27  

    Default

    Great a clean thread

    VM670 Puff, Puff, Puff,..... just send'n smoke signals
    Zachariah King likes this.
  3. #28  
    curtis1973's Avatar
    King Of Pants

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Carrier
    CM10/Sense

    Thumbs up Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I don't like the transparent status bar since Gingerbread has not been designed with that in mind. Some applications look really odd, the text in the status bar becomes unreadable with some applications. Also there were many questions in the IHO thread about the status bar transparency. Plus it is a very intrusive mod together with center clock. Such modifications create difficulty keeping the codebase in sync with CM. I would rather not have it instead of dealing with them. I have always kept MiRaGe lean and simple, I want to keep it that way.
    understandable. i may copy over cyanogenmod settings app to mirage just to play with it and see if i can get that one setting lol. but thank you for your reply.
  4. #29  
    colossus3874's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Carrier
    BACKside IHO

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Do we need gapps? Which would you recommend?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by colossus3874 View Post
    Do we need gapps? Which would you recommend?
    GAPPS is needed. You can download at the following link.
    Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki
    Badboytoast and curtis1973 like this.
  6. #31  
    anthonycr's Avatar
    Themer. You've seen them

    Posts
    2,120 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default

    Nice avatar Mrg
    mrg666 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonycr View Post
    Nice avatar Mrg
    That is the BSD daemon. People almost forgot about BSD after the popularity of Linux. Daemons are the background processes in all *nix operating systems that do the unappreciated hard work.
    dzdzjb, drezliok, EnMod and 1 others like this.
  8. #33  
    arnold1997's Avatar

    Posts
    693 Posts
    Carrier
    My Version Of CNA

    Default

    What is a good app to move apps to ext?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #34  
    Dannemand's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    Carrier
    mrg666 MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    @Mrg666: Congrats on the makeover. I liked the old one too, but I have to admit your new look has a little more bite

    I haven't been posting for a few days. I tested your tinyRCU kernel, but never got around to the BFS one. Then I flashed MiRaGe 06/09 yesterday, did my usual round of tests (camera, webcam, SMS, MMS, Gmail, Contacts, Phone, Maps, Browser, Tapatalk and a few others), then been running it since. It flies. Good job as always, thank you!

    Now please look away for this next paragraph, it's not for you:

    Anyone joining this thread and new to MiRaGe: I've been on it since Oct last year. My phone is solid as a rock: No reboots or FCs ever (seriously) and it runs very fast. I haven't even done a clean install in 6 months or longer (which I should) I just update with each new build. Mrg has been incredibly responsive whenever there were issues, such as the ZV9 radio or the duplicate bluetooth addresses -- providing solutions for all IHO ROMs. It's no coincidence that several other devs use his ROM as base for their further tweaking.

    In other words, I recommend it highly

    Now you can look again!
  10. #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    @Mrg666: Congrats on the makeover. I liked the old one too, but I have to admit your new look has a little more bite

    I haven't been posting for a few days. I tested your tinyRCU kernel, but never got around to the BFS one. Then I flashed MiRaGe 06/09 yesterday, did my usual round of tests (camera, webcam, SMS, MMS, Gmail, Contacts, Phone, Maps, Browser, Tapatalk and a few others), then been running it since. It flies. Good job as always, thank you!

    Now please look away for this next paragraph, it's not for you:

    Anyone joining this thread and new to MiRaGe: I've been on it since Oct last year. My phone is solid as a rock: No reboots or FCs ever (seriously) and it runs very fast. I haven't even done a clean install in 6 months or longer (which I should) I just update with each new build. Mrg has been incredibly responsive whenever there were issues, such as the ZV9 radio or the duplicate bluetooth addresses -- providing solutions for all IHO ROMs. It's no coincidence that several other devs use his ROM as base for their further tweaking.

    In other words, I recommend it highly

    Now you can look again!
    ^^^its true. I'm always using mirage as a primary rom. I even put it on my stupid friends phones. I know they won't bug me with "why isn't this or that working?" I'm doing some ics testing right now, which is nice and all, but I start shaking and getting cold sweats when I'm away from mirage too long. (It took 2 hours to type this because my twitching kept making me hit the wrong keys) If you want this thread to be "business only" I will try hard to keep my smart remarks to my self.

    PS. I miss your fallout dude. He looked approachable, now I'm afraid if i say the wrong thing I will be banished to the depths of hell

    Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    mrg666 and Dannemand like this.
  11. #36  

    Default

    For some reason, the ics style battery icon is more pixelated/lower quality compared to the signal and wifi icons. Does anyone else notice this?

    tpII
  12. #37  
    rebel69ization's Avatar

    Posts
    501 Posts
    Carrier
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

    Default

    Good work mrg, I use mirage about 70% of the time. The other 30% is used flashing and trying other roms etc. Mirage is my steady and I wont swap to any other, as far as cm7 goes this is the best my friend.

    sent from my icy cold beta1 V using inverted T.T.2
    mrg666 likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by arnold1997 View Post
    What is a good app to move apps to ext?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I use link2sd. It works great and comes with other useful capabilities as an app.
    arnold1997 likes this.
  14. #39  
    mcclain71's Avatar

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Carrier
    CM9.0 RC2 BobZ

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    have an issue here...from time to time I get a 'failed to connect' when I am trying to access the camera. Any ideas?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by mcclain71 View Post
    have an issue here...from time to time I get a 'failed to connect' when I am trying to access the camera. Any ideas?
    User error. There is another app interfering with the access of default camera app to the camera hardware.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    Now please look away for this next paragraph, it's not for you:

    Now you can look again!
    Well, I couldn't help it

    Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    I miss your fallout dude. He looked approachable, now I'm afraid if i say the wrong thing I will be banished to the depths of hell
    Don't worry, I just need your soul.

    BTW, that is the BSD daemon.
    Dannemand and jto101680 like this.
  17. #42  
    ilikechicken123's Avatar

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    421 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    I want to make the icons on the status bar blue too.it. doesntmatch the theme
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by ilikechicken123 View Post
    I want to make the icons on the status bar blue too.it. doesntmatch the theme
    [Theme] Ice Cream Sandwich | 032-build-408 | 28.04.2012 - xda-developers
    ilikechicken123 likes this.
  19. #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    Well, I couldn't help it



    Don't worry, I just need your soul.

    BTW, that is the BSD daemon.
    I know, it brought me back to the early 90's and seeing the daemon dude at my dads work. He was a mainframe manager, and I didn't know what the devil Guy represented. I just knew he looked cooler than the Ms dos non existent mascot. I think he was on the bootscreen of OS/2 also. I don't remember. I was a super closet nerd as a child.

    sent from my Nokia 5110
  20. #45  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    For some reason, I can't update my maps since ur last ROM - the file package is invalid. I thought the new ROM would fix it, but is it really a ROM issue or gMaps?

    Also, if there's a website where I can download the previous version of maps, I'd greatly appreciate the link


    Thank you Mirage and all the devs!!!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by evox2008 View Post
    For some reason, I can't update my maps since ur last ROM - the file package is invalid. I thought the new ROM would fix it, but is it really a ROM issue or gMaps?

    Also, if there's a website where I can download the previous version of maps, I'd greatly appreciate the link


    Thank you Mirage and all the devs!!!
    The previous map update had bugs. I recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling the latest from Play store again.
  22. #47  
    EarthnFire78's Avatar
    YAY!!! ME :)

    Posts
    964 Posts
    Carrier
    Custom ROM & Kernel

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    mrg66, does the work for a developer ever end??
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    Carrier
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    mrg66, does the work for a developer ever end??
    To me, support guy part is actually the never ending part. And, my server started to act like asking for a new motherboard since one week. I will need the hat of maintenance guy nowadays.
  24. #49  
    EarthnFire78's Avatar
    YAY!!! ME :)

    Posts
    964 Posts
    Carrier
    Custom ROM & Kernel

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    I'm lucky that my cheaply build computer is still going strong, even after 4 years of almost hard driven use.
  25. #50  
    curtis1973's Avatar
    King Of Pants

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Carrier
    CM10/Sense

    Default

    update: did manage to merge cyanogenmod settings from backside to this one. everything was there and running smoothly. but status bar wanted no part of the changes,either upon restart it just wouldnt change anything or it would crash if i used backside status bar as replacement lol. was fun to try though. even without it,this rom is still top notch. so i can do without. nice work on rom. :thumbup:

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    mrg666 likes this.
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions