Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree459Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Quote Originally Posted by curtis1973 View Post
    update: did manage to merge cyanogenmod settings from backside to this one. everything was there and running smoothly. but status bar wanted no part of the changes,either upon restart it just wouldnt change anything or it would crash if i used backside status bar as replacement lol. was fun to try though. even without it,this rom is still top notch. so i can do without. nice work on rom. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I was going to tell you that it was not a simple settings replacement but slipped from my mind while replying to others. You have figured out anyway. Thanks for posting.

ROM
    I.H.O. Mirage CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    The previous map update had bugs. I recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling the latest from Play store again.
    This is what I had to do. But I had to uninstall from the market.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I have updated the builds to include two fixes
    - Fix occasional completely mute incoming call in Phone.apk
    - Timestamp doesn't contain date info, therefore we need to construct it and adjust it if daylight savings applies in frameworks base

Please see the OP to find the download links. The details of the changes are in the CM code review site linked in the OP.

The previous map update had bugs. I recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling the latest from Play store again.

Mrg - you're right, when something like that used to happen, I would uninstall and install the app again (that happened with maps 1 time). But this time, whatever I do doesn't let me install maps whatsoever.

wiping cache/resetting dalvik cache/installing the new rom - same situation.

Don't feel like doing a factory reset... but I might as well do that if the build from today doesn't fix it

ROM
    aospCMOD Android 2.3.4

MrG, you are the man!
    Thanked by 2:
    iggkpmrg666 

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

I have updated the builds to include two fixes
    - Fix occasional completely mute incoming call in Phone.apk
    - Timestamp doesn't contain date info, therefore we need to construct it and adjust it if daylight savings applies in frameworks base
    About to download it now. One question: Any chance the mute call issue could also apply to outgoing calls? I ask because I've had that happen lately -- but I assumed it was a VMU network issue, particularly after curtis mentioned they had network problems.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: After almost an hour and a dozen failed attempts, I have to give up downloading from Mediafire. It's not the usual User Agent problem (which they fixed again) nor the Open Link in New Window (which I always do). Half the time, they re-direct me to a spamsucking "Congratulations, you won a reward" site that gives me a pop-up for my approval to install malware. The other times it now gives me a captcha that is simply unreadable (never saw that before on Mediafire). I actually did manage to get the download going one of the first times (before the captcha) but I cancelled when it was still only at 6% after 15 minutes :-(

I'll try again tomorrow when I am at my PC. Meantime, if others discover something, I am all ears. Thanks in advance!

I am having trouble downloading the ROM from the mediafire link. Other files do download OK. Is it working all right for others?

ROM
    MIUIgb

Quote Originally Posted by driya2010 View Post
    I am having trouble downloading the ROM from the mediafire link. Other files do download OK. Is it working all right for others?
    Yeah download OK for me. I used my to do it too haven't tried it out yet but its a must for me later. Thanks MrG always heard your rom was nice gotta check it out thanks for the hard work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Question Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Quote Originally Posted by driya2010 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried rebooting my computer, rebooting the router, everything I can think of and still no joy. If anyone has any idea what might be wrong, I think we'd both appreciate it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    About to download it now. One question: Any chance the mute call issue could also apply to outgoing calls? I ask because I've had that happen lately -- but I assumed it was a VMU network issue, particularly after curtis mentioned they had network problems.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: After almost an hour and a dozen failed attempts, I have to give up downloading from Mediafire. It's not the usual User Agent problem (which they fixed again) nor the Open Link in New Window (which I always do). Half the time, they re-direct me to a spamsucking "Congratulations, you won a reward" site that gives me a pop-up for my approval to install malware. The other times it now gives me a captcha that is simply unreadable (never saw that before on Mediafire). I actually did manage to get the download going one of the first times (before the captcha) but I cancelled when it was still only at 6% after 15 minutes :-(

I'll try again tomorrow when I am at my PC. Meantime, if others discover something, I am all ears. Thanks in advance!
    Download is working now. I have never seen that spam redirection in Mediafire. Are you sure it is from the Mediafire site? I am using Chrome on my PC with adblocking. That might be the reason.

Mute call fix is for incoming calls. I don't think it is affecting the outgoing calls.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

@driya, @anthonycadams: I cannot download either. See my description above; is that what you're getting too?

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

I downloaded no problem, if you're on your ov and the pop up comes on saying you're a winner! hit the back button and it will refresh the download link and it will work.
    Thanked by:

Download is working now. I have never seen that spam redirection in Mediafire. Are you sure it is from the Mediafire site? I am using Chrome on my PC with adblocking. That might be the reason.

Mute call fix is for incoming calls. I don't think it is affecting the outgoing calls.
    I'm using Chrome with AdBlock too and the minute I paused AdBlock the download went right. Thanks mrg666 for the advice. I honestly hadn't thought of that myself.

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

Thanks, mrg. I finally got it now -- on my phone. No redirects or captchas this time.

I've never seen those spam redirects or popups on Mediafire either. I am sure it must be one of the ads that hijacks the page, not Mediafire itself.

Thanks again, about to flash (after checking MD5!)

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
    I downloaded no problem, if you're on your ov and the pop up comes on saying you're a winner! hit the back button and it will refresh the download link and it will work.
    Thx rebel. I think it must've been a different popup: This seemed like an actual modal MsgBox popup (not browser rendered) and didn't respont to any buttons or actions other than cliocking OK. I immediately cleared my cache, history, cookies each time. This last time it worked, though.
    Thanked by:

this is good +3

ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

@mrg: Got it, flashed it, everything seems to work. Did my usual tests: camera, webcam, gallery & JustPics, SMS, MMS, contacts, calendar, incoming & outgoing phone call, browser, gmail, maps (with GPS), tapatalk, and a few other apps -- including a game of Monopoly

Just enabled OC now. We'll see how it goes the news few days. So far another winner. Thank you, man!
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

Bad fast and smooth mrg
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    AOKP

Swyped a copy and gonna flash tomorrow because it's 3:30 am here :P

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

MiRaGe is now available on RomKeeper.
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    MiRaGe is now available on RomKeeper.
    Thanks, tdm. Do you have a thread for RomKeeper? If I haven't missed it, it would be good to have one.
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Thanks, tdm. Do you have a thread for RomKeeper? If I haven't missed it, it would be good to have one.
    Not yet, but I will start one very soon.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I have added a "Suggestions & Recommendations" section to help with some common questions. Please post if you have suggestions as well. I can add into that section.
    Thanked by:
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

That is the BSD daemon. People almost forgot about BSD after the popularity of Linux. Daemons are the background processes in all *nix operating systems that do the unappreciated hard work.
    Definitely cooler than a penguin.

I actually wonder why so many companies choose to use Linux as the base of their product when BSD is sitting right there with no pesky GPL encumbrances. For example, in Android, they have an entirely custom userspace from libc on up. I can't imagine it would have been difficult to use eg. FreeBSD for a kernel. The only reasons I can think of are that (1) ARM is a second tier platform on FreeBSD, and (2) everyone is familiar with Linux due to its popularity, so finding developers to employ is easier.

Not that I'm sad about the decision, mind you -- I love Linux, and using the Linux kernel means that all vendors are required to publish kernel sources, at least.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    Definitely cooler than a penguin.

I actually wonder why so many companies choose to use Linux as the base of their product when BSD is sitting right there with no pesky GPL encumbrances. For example, in Android, they have an entirely custom userspace from libc on up. I can't imagine it would have been difficult to use eg. FreeBSD for a kernel. The only reasons I can think of are that (1) ARM is a second tier platform on FreeBSD, and (2) everyone is familiar with Linux due to its popularity, so finding developers to employ is easier.

Not that I'm sad about the decision, mind you -- I love Linux, and using the Linux kernel means that all vendors are required to publish kernel sources, at least.
    I think the popularity of Linux is because of its development has been and is being done at a much faster pace by much larger group of developers than BSD. I think Linus deserves a lot of credit for his dedication and leadership that enabled this. I just counted. There are 11 devices running Linux kernel 24/7 at home right now. I have always wanted trying a BSD version but there has never been a practical reason to do this.
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast