Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree441Likes

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Quote Originally Posted by yaconsult View Post
    Thanks for pointing me to Holo Launcher - I'm loving it! Didn't care for old or new ADW and agree about GO being bloated. Holo is the perfect compromise for me.

Hey, since I have Holo set to the default, there isn't any reason I can't remove ADW using adb, right?

What a terrific ROM this is for the Optimus V! Choices are good.
    I just froze it with Gemini App Manager. Titanium Backup pro will do that as well. I guess you can uninstall it, so long as it's not marked as a system app.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

Even if it is a system app you could still remove it, after all isn't that the reason we were given this great gift known as root?

come to the dark side
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

My square card reader does not work with this rom. The card reader does work on another Optimus V that I have which is unmodded and on VM 2.2, which leads me to believe it's a problem with either this rom or cyanogen in general.

Quote Originally Posted by demoport View Post
    What does the build "Modified for VZW" mean? Whats a VZW? And why is it different from your other build?
    Oh my... should u even be looking at this forum if u don't know vzw aka Verizon b careful to learn first.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

ROM
    JBC/Squid's Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen30 View Post
    Oh my... should u even be looking at this forum if u don't know vzw aka Verizon b careful to learn first.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
    There's no need for that. These forums exist so that we can help each other out. If you can't provide that help without chastising someone for their ignorance of an abbreviation, go hang out on XDA, they like that sort of thing there.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This space intentionally left blank.

ROM
    IHO Backside

I am having trouble getting gapps to to install on my OV. I installed MiRaGe 11102012 build, then VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_07162012.zip, then I installed 20110828(CyanogenMod 7) from Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki. CWM shows the zip installed but, I do not have the play store or gmail etc on installed apps. Am I missing something?

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

I need a fix for these random reboots. They destroy the battery, and each reboot takes 5-6 minutes to finish.
    Help?

Anyway to get ics themed dialer and status bar?

The theme in the OP is good I use it and it will give u what your wanting : )

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM6 View Post
    Anyway to get ics themed dialer and status bar?

Yes.
    Theme Chooser (T-Mobile) it's already in our ROMs
    Choose themes by filter and sorting....some have dialer, status bar only and some have more than that!
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

Achep's from the OP. A very nice theme. I use the ICS black theme, but the original is nice too.
    [Theme] Ice Cream Sandwich | 032-build-408 | 29.04.12 - xda-developers

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

I was switching between Pocket Legends and Facebook Messenger on my V (the sound was muted) when suddenly the phone froze speaker started blaring this horrible screeching noise...
    ._.

Quote Originally Posted by payterx View Post
    My square card reader does not work with this rom. The card reader does work on another Optimus V that I have which is unmodded and on VM 2.2, which leads me to believe it's a problem with either this rom or cyanogen in general.
    I have one of the readers on order and will test/report once received.

Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    I need a fix for these random reboots. They destroy the battery, and each reboot takes 5-6 minutes to finish.
    Help?
    Whenever I have had problems with my Optimus V, a complete wipe and reinstall has solved it. Do a full nandroid backup first, or titanium backup, if you prefer, wipe the phone completely, reformat the SD card and follow the install directions for the latest version of the rom. Make sure you read the first few installation-related posts in this thread. Link2SD works wonderfully if you follow the directions. This rom is tweaked to get the most out of this phone and is extremely stable.
    Last edited by yaconsult; 12-10-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Yeah, I had to come back to mirage.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    mrg666's gb rom

Is this correct
    I'm prity sure its NOT right but you never know

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)-uploadfromtaptalk1353987321305.jpg  
    I love this show

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by ZackVortex View Post
    Is this correct
    I'm prity sure its NOT right but you never know

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Seems legit.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by d_man97 View Post
    I am having trouble getting gapps to to install on my OV. I installed MiRaGe 11102012 build, then VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_07162012.zip, then I installed 20110828(CyanogenMod 7) from Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki. CWM shows the zip installed but, I do not have the play store or gmail etc on installed apps. Am I missing something?
    same thing is happening to me. No matter what I do.

edit: got it to flash after unmounting sd-ext and then flashing gapps
    Last edited by Mack07018; 11-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by payterx View Post
    Received my square card reader and am not able to scan any cards on my phone. I am running the latest mirage release. My son has the previous release and is also having problems reading cards - though he was able to successfully read a couple of times. Maybe related to the headset mic volume?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #945  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I have ordered an EVO and a Reverb in the weekend. I will be primarily building/developing MiRaGe for EVO and possibly for Reverb. But I will keep an eye on MiRaGe for OV for important fixes in CM7.2. So MiRaGe for OV is now in the maintenance mode officially.

Although this is not a goodbye, it is still a good time to thank you all for all of your support and feedback. It has been a wonderful ride with your company.
    Cheers!
    Thanked by 32:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I have ordered an EVO and a Reverb in the weekend. I will be primarily building/developing MiRaGe for EVO and possibly for Reverb. But I will keep an eye on MiRaGe for OV for important fixes in CM7.2. So MiRaGe for OV is now in the maintenance mode officially.

Although this is not a goodbye, it is still a good time to thank you all for all of your support and feedback. It has been a wonderful ride with your company.
    Cheers!
    Thanks for your hard work..!

Too bad you didn't get an Elite. Some MiRaGe-ness definatly needed on it. :-)
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Cheers!
    Just started using it two days ago. It looks pretty fantastic and feels pretty fast. Sorry to hear you won't be continuing development. The only issue I've noticed is pinch-to-zoom in Maps seems sluggish. I also noticed that when I unlock the screen it appears that wifi has disconnected and reconnects. Is this behavior intentional?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #948  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Yes, Maps can be sluggish at times. It is sometimes sluggish even on my laptop You could try overclocking the CPU a little if you haven't done yet. I would recommend starting from 800 and going lower if you encounter any instability. Above 800 is useless, too much heat and battery use without much benefit.

The WiFi disconnection during sleep mode is normally expected. You can go to settings to change that.
    Thanked by 2:
    EnMod likes this.

ROM
    MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

The WiFi disconnection during sleep mode is normally expected. You can go to settings to change that.
    Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't that cause background data to go over 3G, thus draining the battery faster?
    And I can't for the life of me find where that setting is.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by liebezeit View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't that cause background data to go over 3G, thus draining the battery faster?
    And I can't for the life of me find where that setting is.
    Cheers.
    The setting is in: Settings - Wireless and Networks - Wifi Settings - press the menu button and hit Advanced - Wifi sleep policy - Never.

I don't know how this would be with battery drain. Probably worse. The wifi connection would be on constantly, whereas when the phone is in sleep mode it only connects to the data network sporadically.

Sent from my MiRaGe OV using Tapatalk 2
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041 ... LastLast