Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1668
Like Tree441Likes
  1. #76  
    cbucz24's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    ROM
    CAI & Quattrimus ICS

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I use link2sd. It works great and comes with other useful capabilities as an app.
    I started using S2E, seems to be working well so far
  2. #77  
    rebel69ization's Avatar

    Posts
    501 Posts
    ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

    Default

    I use rom toolbox pro and it has the feature of moving apps to the sd, it even tells you what is safe to move so problems don't occur when launching apps.
  3. #78  
    dzdzjb's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus (for now)

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    OT for a moment...

    Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    I actually wonder why so many companies choose to use Linux as the base of their product when BSD is sitting right there with no pesky GPL encumbrances.
    It is in large part because those GPL encumbrances make sure that future improvements will be kept public. Apple's use of BSD allows them to be secretive about whatever they want to be kept secret. It may prove beneficial to them and to their consumers, but the Linux ecosystem has benefited time and again from the requirement that any modifications must necessarily be free to use and study: among other things, this openness gives us more hardware compatibility and a larger testing infrastructure (i.e., more people), and more work that the companies don't have to do to get the device working in the first place.

    It's highly unlikely that we would be here using home-baked ROMs if BSD was the standard base for *nix systems on mobile devices, if for no reason other than the fact that OS designers, phone manufacturers, and our dear service providers, would be permitted to use every trick in the book to lock down their systems and prohibit this level of customization.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    I have merged minor updates for the cpufreq driver from 2.6.32.59 and backported the latest interactive governor from . The details of the changes and the flashable zip are available in . The kernel seems to be running fine based on my preliminary test. It would be great if there are some brave androidians who can test the cpu frequency scaling under different tasks. Thanks in advance!
  5. #80  
    cbucz24's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    ROM
    CAI & Quattrimus ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    Thanks, tdm. Do you have a thread for RomKeeper? If I haven't missed it, it would be good to have one.
    I assume by now you know its over at vmroms.
    I downloaded it. Took a few seconds to populate with data.
    Haven't tried it yet though. I had already downloaded mgr's build so I didn't need it. I'll try it next update.
    On a side note, does it just download it to a specified folder? Then I manually flash as normal, right? It hasn't gotten to the point where its flashable while in the rom
    ..

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  6. #81  

    Default

    All automatic

    Click, sit back, and enjoy.

    Sent from my MiRaGe'D Optimus V
  7. #82  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Are we testing InteractiveX or Interactive governor?
  8. #83  
    rebel69ization's Avatar

    Posts
    501 Posts
    ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I have merged minor updates for the cpufreq driver from 2.6.32.59 and backported the latest interactive governor from . The details of the changes and the flashable zip are available in . The kernel seems to be running fine based on my preliminary test. It would be great if there are some brave androidians who can test the cpu frequency scaling under different tasks. Thanks in advance!
    Ill be your huckleberry

    sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by evox2008 View Post
    Are we testing InteractiveX or Interactive governor?
    Interactive.

    InteractiveX is just a derivative of interactive and I have not seen any advantage of locking the minimum cpu frequency when screen is off. Just the opposite, it creates more trouble.

    I use and recommend interactive governor. Just use the updated interactive governor in the latest kernel and choose the minimum CPU frequency as 122. It gives much better battery life and does not cause any extra lag.
    Last edited by mrg666; 06-13-2012 at 06:21 AM.
    Thanked by:
    r00t 
  10. #85  
    rebel69ization's Avatar

    Posts
    501 Posts
    ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

    Default

    Running the new kernel, buttery smooth and fast mrg

    sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
    Running the new kernel, buttery smooth and fast mrg

    sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
    Not interactiveX, please test and use the updated interactive governor. I will be removing interactiveX and smartass in the next build since they are based on the old interactive governor. This will reduce kernel size and eliminate idle code.
    Thanked by 3:
  12. #87  
    Dannemand's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Sorry I haven't been helping test your latest kernel, mrg. Just a lot of things on my plate these days, not much spare time.

    One request: Would it be possible (and acceptable) for you to leave SmartassV2 governor in there? A lot of people (myself included) use it along with a 480Mhz Min setting and have really good results with it.

    I am aware that you and whyzor recommend Interactive/122. Personally I have not had good results with that in the past -- it was particularly bad when streaming high bitrate Pandora on 3G with screen off. Admittedly, that was on the originial Interactive governor, not your new one :o

    But I do remember back then your results were different for some reason, even on the original Interactive. I guess phones are different and we all use them in different ways. One size doesn't always fit all. For my part, I would just like to keep the CPU/governor setup I have now, since it works so well for me.

    Edit: I remember now: One of my conclusions when I last tested CPU settings was that connection quality affects it: Being in an area with poor Sprint/VM signal quality seems to demand more CPU. Not sure why: Maybe it's the re-transmits, maybe the throttling affects clockspeed of the modem processor, I don't know. But with Interactive/122, streaming high bitrate Pandora on 3G simply killed my phone once the screen went off.
    Last edited by Dannemand; 06-13-2012 at 10:00 AM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    Sorry I haven't been helping test your latest kernel, mrg. Just a lot of things on my plate these days, not much spare time.

    One request: Would it be possible (and acceptable) for you to leave SmartassV2 governor in there? A lot of people (myself included) use it along with a 480Mhz Min setting and have really good results with it.

    I am aware that you and whyzor recommend Interactive/122. Personally I have not had good results with that in the past -- it was particularly bad when streaming high bitrate Pandora on 3G with screen off. Admittedly, that was on the originial Interactive governor, not your new one :o

    But I do remember back then your results were different for some reason, even on the original Interactive. I guess phones are different and we all use them in different ways. One size doesn't always fit all. For my part, I would just like to keep the the CPU/governor setup I have now, since it works so well for me.
    I can keep smartassV2 but only if you test the updated interactive governor (with 480 minimum if you want) and post your feedback. Otherwise, I don't want to keep idle code in the kernel without a good reason.

    Edit: BTW, I have no problem with Pandora on 3G with interactive governor (not interactiveX) when screen is off and using 122 minimum.
    Last edited by mrg666; 06-13-2012 at 10:08 AM.
  14. #89  
    Dannemand's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I can keep smartassV2 but only if you test the updated interactive governor (with 480 minimum if you want) and post your feedback. Otherwise, I don't want to keep idle code in the kernel without a good reason.
    Thank you, sir, that's fair. I'll find some time -- hopefully tonight. Ideally this test requires driving around in town, in order to force tower changes while streaming. Don't know if I'll get to that today, but I'll try.

    Still, I know many others use SmartassV2 as well, including among Harmonia 2 users, since LeslieAnn resommends it. I am sure you wouldn't (and shouldn't) be keeping it just for me!
  15. #90  
    Dannemand's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    Edit: BTW, I have no problem with Pandora on 3G with interactive governor (not interactiveX) when screen is off and using 122 minimum.
    I know, I remember that from last time we had that discussion. Please see the update to my earlier post: What kind of connection quality do you have in your area? It affects this. Also, are you testing Pandora with high bitrate setting?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    Thank you, sir, that's fair. I'll find some time -- hopefully tonight. Ideally this test requires driving around in town, in order to force tower changes while streaming. Don't know if I'll get to that today, but I'll try.

    Still, I know many others use SmartassV2 as well, including among Harmonia 2 users, since LeslieAnn resommends it. I am sure you wouldn't (and shouldn't) be keeping it just for me!
    We have time don't worry. And don't waste gas just for testing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    I know, I remember that from last time we had that discussion. Please see the update to my earlier post: What kind of connection quality do you have in your area? It affects this. Also, are you testing Pandora with high bitrate setting?
    I use the "higher quality audio" setting which has warning about the sound skipping. The connection quality is -94 dBm which is pretty bad. There are no skips. I am listening Mark Knopfler right now. He is amazing

    Dannemand, you are a good reason to keep Smartass V2. Let me know, I will keep it if you say you need it. But I am hoping that you will approve it.
    Last edited by mrg666; 06-13-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Thanked by:
  17. #92  
    Dannemand's Avatar

    Posts
    445 Posts
    ROM
    mrg666 MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I use the "higher quality audio" setting which has warning about the sound skipping. The connection quality is -94 dBm which is pretty bad. There are no skips. I am listening Mark Knopfler right now. He is amazing

    Dannemand, you are a good reason to keep Smartass V2. Let me know, I will keep it if you say you need it.
    Thank you, very nice of you!

    I promise I'll test this and give you feedback. Maybe whatever I found back then doesn't apply anymore, both with the updates you made to Interactive and with me now being on ZV9 and an updated PRL (I was on stock PRL back then).
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannemand View Post
    Thank you, very nice of you!

    I promise I'll test this and give you feedback. Maybe whatever I found back then doesn't apply anymore, both with the updates you made to Interactive and with me now being on ZV9 and an updated PRL (I was on stock PRL back then).
    Not only the governor, there are many other major updates in the kernel since then.
  19. #94  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Just flashed the new kernel. Running 122/826 interactive and everything is running fine.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
  20. #95  
    rebel69ization's Avatar

    Posts
    501 Posts
    ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    Not interactiveX, please test and use the updated interactive governor. I will be removing interactiveX and smartass in the next build since they are based on the old interactive governor. This will reduce kernel size and eliminate idle code.
    Interactive engaged, will report after work

    sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
  21. #96  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    New kernel just borked my wifi. Reverted to previous now wifi is fine.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwkeith View Post
    New kernel just borked my wifi. Reverted to previous now wifi is fine.
    There can't be any wifi problem. There is no difference in that part of the kernel.
  23. #98  
    rebel69ization's Avatar

    Posts
    501 Posts
    ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

    Default

    Wi fi, strong as ever here

    sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  
    mrg666's Avatar

    Posts
    734 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    Quote Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
    Wi fi, strong as ever here

    sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
    I have added some WiFi related humor in the third post
  25. #100  

    Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

    May try it again later. I will leave well enough alone for now. Thanks for your great work.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B