Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1668
Like Tree441Likes

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Anyone use Tango? I can see the other person but my back camera shows black.

Hey folks,

Whenever I go to Settings --> Voice input and output --> Text-to-speech settings, I always get this error:
    "This application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any ideas why I cannot access this? Thanks.
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

I haven't messed up or touched the setting since probably first install....
    but do you have Google voice installed? That might be the issue.
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

No, that doesn't seem to be it. I've tried with both Google Voice installed and uninstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by nicapymph View Post
    No, that doesn't seem to be it. I've tried with both Google Voice installed and uninstalled.
    Something is probably corrupt. You might need a wipe and reinstall.

I can get into that setting fine on my OV. I have Google Voice installed as well.

I don't quite recall but is it not Voice Search that has to be installed rather than Google Voice?

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Correct, if you want the speach to text option to work (and the little mic icon in your keyboard).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Yeah, I've got Voice Search installed. Still not working. Anyone happen to know what the directory that holds the text-to-speech config files? Might just take a look there. I don't really wanna wipe and re-install if I can avoid it. Thanks for the help already, folks.

Yeah, I've got Voice Search installed. Still not working. Anyone happen to know what the directory that holds the text-to-speech config files? Might just take a look there. I don't really wanna wipe and re-install if I can avoid it. Thanks for the help already, folks.
    Couldn't find the TTS config files but found the following:

Code:
    Apps:
     /system/app/PicoTts.apk
     /system/app/TtsService.apk
     /system/app/VoiceDialer.apk

Folder with a dozen bin files:
     /system/tts/lang_pico

Hey guys, just a heads up if you're using this ROM... (I am, it is extremely reliable). I would highly recommend that you check out Seeder. Here is the link: [APK] Seeder 2.0.0 entropy generator to provide significant lag reduction - xda-developers

The guy who created it is a Linux sys admin - he found out that Android 2.3 and below uses a very complex random number generator and that lag can almost be completely eliminated by switching to a less complex number generator. All of the details are in his post. I use Seeder with Mirage and it has eliminated almost all lag - it significantly speeds up my experience on the phone. Check it out!
    Thanked by 3:
    bokoxthexchocobo likes this.

ROM
    BACKside-IHO

Im also using and and it does make the phone better

ROM
    MIUIgb

How do u install flash, GUI?

There is an attachment in the XDA post, use the Seeder 2.0.0 apk, should be the last one as of now.

YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by skealoha86 View Post
    Hey guys, just a heads up if you're using this ROM... (I am, it is extremely reliable). I would highly recommend that you check out Seeder. Here is the link: [APK] Seeder 2.0.0 entropy generator to provide significant lag reduction - xda-developers

The guy who created it is a Linux sys admin - he found out that Android 2.3 and below uses a very complex random number generator and that lag can almost be completely eliminated by switching to a less complex number generator. All of the details are in his post. I use Seeder with Mirage and it has eliminated almost all lag - it significantly speeds up my experience on the phone. Check it out!
    The source for the binary can easily be compiled into a ROM and what the script writes can also be included. I can run some test and see how the binary works there by skipping the need for the app, this would effectively call everything into action on boot.
    SuperiorIrkenOrgans 100% CyanogenMod for LGE Optimus devices.
    [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion my CyanogenMod-7 ROM build.
    [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T a recovery to fit all your needs.
    Thanked by 3:
    notown and skealoha86 like this.

That would be cool

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Give me a week or two, as I'm still working on the SuperiorIrkenOrgans source, and Project SuperiorIrkenOrgans Google Page.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

The rngd binary did inface compile and is working, see how everything runs. Will have a flash zip if everything goes will by Friday, just look for it in the OM-Mandylion thread.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 01-23-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Thanked by 5:
    notown and bokoxthexchocobo like this.

ROM
    Gingersnap 2.2

At first I thought this was just some BS post. But I tried it,and my initial reaction was , "DAMN!". It makes the phone super snappy as a dual core phone with ICS. (Even tried it on a Evo 3d, and I can see the difference.)

Thanks for that post.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #994  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

There is a discussion here about Seeder. The Android developers are claiming that the perceived improvements are just placebo. Plus, there is a possibility of higher battery use. You could try and experiment but I wouldn't use it on my phone since it is already as smooth as it can get for me. There is of course a lot of room for improvement but it should be inside the Android OS and Linux kernel. Based on my past experience, I simply don't like such high-level add-on apps that try to modify the core functions of the OS. These apps are always ad-hoc fix ups that spoil other parts while trying to improve something specific.

This reminds me the V6 Supercharger script we had all discussed one year ago. Many people including myself claimed performance improvement initially but after I stopped using it due to complications it created, I didn't see anything worse without it. Nobody could prove or demonstrate any measurable improvement with it.
    Last edited by mrg666; 01-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    Thanked by:
    tli 
    tli likes this.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

+1 ^

To each his own If you're thinking it's placebo effect, it's very easy to uninstall. The hit to battery life is due to the daemon process that is running in the background keeping entropy free - if integrated directly into a ROM there should be zero impact on battery life.

He points out that Android 4.0 already uses the less complex random number generator, so I'd agree with you that any perceived improvement from Seeder on an ICS+ ROM is likely placebo.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #997  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I have uploaded a new kernel with a new patch that addresses the entropy depletion problem. It seems like this patch will be part of the next Linux kernel release. I have manually merged in the MiRaGe kernel and tested briefly. Everything seems to be working and the patch seems to increase available entropy considerably.

You can check available entropy with the following command

Code:
    cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
    When I checked the available entropy without the patch, it was around 190 and decreased down to 130 with after using the above command repeatedly.
    After the patch, available entropy is around 1700 and didn't decrease when I issued the command repeatedly. I am not going to comment about the performance increase, it would be great if you can do this. I have not updated the kernel repository yet. I will do this after your feedback.

The kernel is a flashable zip file with 012713 build number. You can download with the following link.
    VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_01272013.zip MD5sum:59B4C049409F1CC8FD8556A0F08D09A1

The file is not signed so disable sign checking in the recovery.
    Enjoy!

PS: You can use this kernel with LS670 and VZW builds as well.
    Thanked by 3:
    tli and EarthnFire78 like this.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I have uploaded a new kernel with a new patch that addresses the entropy depletion problem. It seems like this patch will be part of the next Linux kernel release. I have manually merged in the MiRaGe kernel and tested briefly. Everything seems to be working and the patch seems to increase available entropy considerably.

You can check available entropy with the following command

Code:
    cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
    When I checked the available entropy without the patch, it was around 190 and decreased down to 130 with after using the above command repeatedly.
    After the patch, available entropy is around 1700 and didn't decrease when I issued the command repeatedly. I am not going to comment about the performance increase, it would be great if you can do this. I have not updated the kernel repository yet. I will do this after your feedback.

The kernel is a flashable zip file with 012713 build number. You can download with the following link.
    VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_01272013.zip MD5sum:59B4C049409F1CC8FD8556A0F08D09A1

The file is not signed so disable sign checking in the recovery.
    Enjoy!

PS: You can use this kernel with LS670 and VZW builds as well.

I see mine go no lower then 3012, with the rngd-tool binary, so I would if the patch and the binary would work will together. I did try the app and it does use about 10% more cpu and cause deep sleep problems.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #999  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

The app is not necessary with this patch in the kernel. I would just delete it.

Let's test the kernel patch to see if there are any battery, CPU load problems.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Yeah I just have the binary. As I see it the app does not interact with entropy at the kernel level, but the rngd-tool binary does. What the app does is interact with the binary, and think this is the reason for the deep sleep problems some users are seeing. The binary by default is suppose to suspend when screen is off, but this does not happen with the app.

rngd_tool binary

Though is not the same binary that is used with the Seeder.apk
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 ... LastLast