Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1674
Like Tree459Likes

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

mrg666, I didn't catch that you were the one replying above! Checked and replied to the comment right before jumping on the bus without catching the author... I could have left out the snark

I'll test the new kernel without the app and reply back with my results... It may be good for someone to try your new kernel who hasn't used Seeder yet to see if they see a performance increase - don't know if I can trust my own perception.

Thanks for the great ROM
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

I have actually been using it on harmonia, mandylion and mirage and personally I've seen zero change whatsoever. About to do a reflash and leave it out

which recovery was used in the process of flashing the rom? I used one and now I am stuck at booting the new android symbol/ cyanogenmod boot.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicwrinkles View Post
    which recovery was used in the process of flashing the rom? I used one and now I am stuck at booting the new android symbol/ cyanogenmod boot.
    Which recovery are you using?

Xionia cwma 12518.6 or Cannibal Open Touch 1.2 work well with the OV (COT 2.0 didn't work with my OV).

Make sure you do a full wipe before flashing the rom. And if your flashing one of the patches - flash the rom first, boot into the phone, then reboot into recovery and flash the patch (and gapps if you didn't flash it before). If you don't do this then this is what can cause the rom to hang on the loading screen.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

I'm using Zen garden
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by kenharkey7 View Post
    I'm using Zen garden
    What did you wipe and/or flash before reboot into system?
    SuperiorIrkenOrgans 100% CyanogenMod for LGE Optimus devices.
    [CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion my CyanogenMod-7 ROM build.
    [Recovery] ZenGarden 2.0.2.7-T a recovery to fit all your needs.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

I do it all before a flash, cache/dalvik then system then prepare for new install then flash the rom as far as this tweak I've tried it at time of initial flash as well as later by rebooting into recovery, wiping cache / dalvik then flashing tweak then reboot

As far as what I flash that depends on the rom

that's where I messed up. I was trying to flash the gapps right after the rom without booting into the phone.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

that's where I messed up. I was trying to flash the gapps right after the rom without booting into the phone.
    That's how its typically done. I don't see that as being wrong

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

That should not cause a problem at all unless you are using a different gapp.zip then the one mrg666 has linked in his O/P.

Okay. So, I have the phone booted and the ROM installed. Now, I went to the link with GAPPS, but how do I download it? I don't see anything about downloading GAPPS when I click the link. I made an account on the cyanogenmod wiki and everything. Sorry guys, I'm a noob at this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1012  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

CM website has been changed apparently and the GAPPS link was not working in the OP. I have redirected the link to the following.
    Google Apps - RootzWiki

You can download the GAPPS for Android 2.3.7 (CM 7.2) from there.

On the kernel side, the entropy patch seems to be working fine. The new kernel has eliminated the entropy depletion and I don't see any extra battery use. I will not say that phone works better but it is certainly not worse. I will post this kernel in the OP after a little more testing in a couple of days. Please post your experience if you use it.
    Thanked by:

Yeah, after using the new kernel for about a day, I'm not seeing much of a difference compared to previous kernel with the Seeder app, so I can say confidently that the new kernel is not worse than the old... as for a performance increase... I feel like Neo trying to see the spoon bend.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    EarthnFire78 likes this.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

I may add "entropy" info into Settings > About Phone.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1015  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Now that the entropy problem is resolved, I would just delete the related additional apps/binaries and stop worrying about the entropy.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1016  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I have uploaded the 01292013 build of MiRaGe with the following changes.

- new kernel build patched to fix entropy depleting
    - many small fixes and improvements after syncing with CM7.2 repo
    - replaced ADW Launcher with Holo Launcher

VZW and Sprint conversions are also updated.

Enjoy!
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    tli, kenharkey7, demoport and 3 others like this.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

It's probably my internet but the new download gets to 99 percent and fails every time, also the new version is iho still or does it use the new cm source?

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

It's probably my internet but the new download gets to 99 percent and fails every time, also the new version is iho still or does it use the new cm source?
    Don't think mrg666 uses the IHO frameworks_base which is not from CM source, but has for a long time used the CM frameworks_base.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1019  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

IHO is CM. Everything in CM is included in IHO and MiRaGe. I just completed the download, it is probably your connection problem.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1020  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Don't think mrg666 uses the IHO frameworks_base which is not from CM source, but has for a long time used the CM frameworks_base.
    That is not correct. IHO frameworks is from CM source. There are only a few changes required for OV. I merge changes directly from CM repo since IHO repo is not updated anymore. But I still carry the IHO label as a tribute to Blarf.

I would appreciate if you can let me answer the questions directed to me.
    Anonymo and kenharkey7 like this.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

OK thank you, I'll try a bit later when I have a stronger connection

OK got it downloaded running the new update now, mrg can I ask what the reasons behind switching from adw to holo launcher were?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1022  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

The last update of ADW introduced a problem: when the home screen is locked (not lock screen) the menu button does not give usual settings menu without unlocking the home screen first. I have waited for some time for the developer to fix this but it wasn't fixed since two months now. I decided to move on. Holo Launcher is smaller than ADW (by half) and it is based on the Android 4.0 source; it is very lean and efficient. I have tested it for a while and decided to switch. I recommend buying the Plus version which enables the unread counts for phone, gmail, and msm apps as well as additional animations. But you can keep using ADW (or any other Launcher) by installing from the Play store. Just save/backup your Launcher settings to SD before updating the ROM.
    Thanked by 3:
    yaconsult likes this.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

OK thanks, yeah I actually am using adw, as far as the issue it doesn't effect me since I never lock my home screen but I understand how that could be an issue.
    but I understand how that could be an issue.

Is there a way to make the home screen have those buttons where instead of swiping to the next home screen page, you can just tap the button (on the bottom next to menu key/browser key) (like in froyo and harmonia) and it'll go to the next homepage screen. I have a picture but I don't know how to upload it straight from my computer.

And how do I update this rom? Do I download it from pg. 1 of this thread and flash or is there a short-cut on the phone?

New build is running super smooth as usual, thanks mrg666

QuinnSF, if Holo Launcher doesn't have those buttons available as shortcuts (it probably does), you can can install a different launcher that does offer that functionality. For example, I use ADW and you can add those buttons by holding down on an empty area of the screen, then looking for "launcher shortcuts", tap and choose Go Next or Go Previous:

[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)-uploadfromtaptalk1359531547264.jpg

As for install of this ROM, all the info is in those first few posts by mrg666; standard flash after a full wipe if you're coming from a different ROM, cache and dalvik only if updating - there's no update from within the ROM that I'm aware of.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344 ... LastLast