Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1668
Like Tree441Likes

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSF View Post
    Is there a way to make the home screen have those buttons where instead of swiping to the next home screen page, you can just tap the button (on the bottom next to menu key/browser key) (like in froyo and harmonia) and it'll go to the next homepage screen. ...
    Thanks MiRaGe for the Holo launcher change! I was not pleased when I'd to switch and learn ADW over its predecessor as I was accustomed to those 'next page' buttons too. However, I've adjusted and actually gotten used to the ADW configuration. Just as I've adopted and accepted ADW, another launcher switch to Holo now... At first, it was like WTH when I thought all my ADW desktop settings were all gone after flashing the new ROM version. Luckily, I always backed up my launcher settings so I was able to easily select ADW as default launcher--which Holo is well-designed to offer this option right at its initial start. Just had to reinstall/reinitialize a few widgets that had disappeared--no big deal. While I'd the ADW configuration back, I was able to bring up Holo at the same time, and configure it to look and behave the same as ADW. After that was done, I just set Holo as the default launcher now and uninstalled ADW. Again, Holo is nicely designed with enough settings flexibility so that the switch was no big hassle. I actually like Holo now since it's leaner and more efficient--IMHO, ADW was kind of bloated and not as efficient. Thanks again MiRaGe, liking the new Holo launcher.

As to those 'next page' buttons instead of swiping to the next desktop page, I think Holo has a better feature where you can press on the [Home] button and it brings up a preview screen with an index of all the desktop pages so that one can just select and jump to that page directly. This was the default behaviour when I started Holo. If not, one can set it via:

[Menu] <Launcher settings> <Gestures & Keys> <Home key action> <Screen previews>

FYI, try it, you might like it.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 
    nus

Any way to make a page with all apps and one with favorite apps, similiar to the old adw?

Quote Originally Posted by nus View Post
    Any way to make a page with all apps and one with favorite apps, similiar to the old adw?
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but this could be achieved and configured through:

[Menu] <Launcher settings> <Drawer Settings>

Check/enable [Enable drawer tabs] under the Tab Settings section

and make sure [Hide favorite tab] is unchecked/disabled.

Now, just open your Apps Drawer ...

Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

MrG,
    Would there be any way possible to incorporate a fast charge option/widget?
    I know this capability is only useful with jawz's kernal, which I had been using.
    I am a frequent user of teathering off this device. There is a HUGE batt drain when without it..
    Thank you and appreciate the commitment&continued updates
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
    nus

Quote Originally Posted by tli View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but this could be achieved and configured through:

[Menu] <Launcher settings> <Drawer Settings>

Check/enable [Enable drawer tabs] under the Tab Settings section

and make sure [Hide favorite tab] is unchecked/disabled.

Now, just open your Apps Drawer ...

I've tried this. The only method (that I know of) to edit app entries in the drawer is by hiding them. However, hiding an app will hide the app in all tabs. This is the only thing holding me back from updating to Holo from ADW.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1031  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    MrG,
    Would there be any way possible to incorporate a fast charge option/widget?
    I know this capability is only useful with jawz's kernal, which I had been using.
    I am a frequent user of teathering off this device. There is a HUGE batt drain when without it..
    Thank you and appreciate the commitment&continued updates
    I have added the fast charge mode in the MiRaGe kernel for you. You can download from the following link.

MD5sum: 5525F52DB57867610E8F831178BE20DE

Can you please test it and post here if there are any problems? There are fast charge toggle widgets/apps in the Play Store but I have not tried them.

You can always use the following command in the terminal to toggle on
    echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
    or the following to toggle off
    echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
    Thanked by 4:
    java007, flapjack.fiasco and nus like this.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

So I downloaded and was trying out Instagram then the phone rebooted now camera doesn't work at all, this was a fresh flash yesterday of the newest zip and no settings have even been changed

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1033  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Camera is working with the stock Camera and Zoom FX app. It should be a problem with Instagram, maybe their latest update.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    Camera is working with the stock Camera and Zoom FX app. It should be a problem with Instagram, maybe their latest update.
    Maybe but it's only happened on mirage which is why I posted it here, I'm running harmonia now and it's fine. After it happened even the stock camera wouldn't work, that's the second pic (I'm sure you knew that though)

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

What recovery are you using to flash the MiRaGe ROM?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1036  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by kenharkey7 View Post
    Maybe but it's only happened on mirage which is why I posted it here, I'm running harmonia now and it's fine. After it happened even the stock camera wouldn't work, that's the second pic (I'm sure you knew that though)
    I have tried Paper Camera and also installed Instagram. Paper Camera also worked but Instagram could not initialize the camera and froze. After I killed Instagram, I could start the Camera app and it worked normally. Instagram is using the camera differently than the other three camera apps that I tried. I am not sure if there is a problem with Instagram or it is hitting a bug in the camera interface the other apps don't. I will post if I can find something.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Agreed that this is 99.5% an app issue.....
    I have posted somewhere before that even my eBay app cannot initialize the camera to scan a barcode, but my QR code/bar scanner works fine. I've contacted the company about the problem as maybe yo should with Instagram.
    Use something else in the meantime that is proven to work with our ROM as tested by the dev him/herself
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Day 2 and no problems encounterd with the updated kernal with fastcharge..
    I did have two strange occurances, however, and not with fastcharge on:
    1)browser closed and reverted to homescreen on 2 occasions
    2)froze/stuck while replying to a text message(keyboard)...could turn screen off and go home but continued to run and used up a lot of battery until I realized it and just rebooted.
    Not saying it the kernal, just odd and reporting as you requested
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I have uploaded the 01292013 build of MiRaGe with the following changes.

- new kernel build patched to
    - after syncing with CM7.2 repo
    - replaced ADW Launcher with Holo Launcher

VZW and Sprint conversions are also updated.

Enjoy!
    Good call on Holo Launcher. I replaced ADW with this in my Mirage install a while back, and absolutely love it.
    Thanked by:
    mrg666 

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    What recovery are you using to flash the MiRaGe ROM?

If you are talking to me I am using Zen garden

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I've been using Launched Pro since May of 2011. The scrolling app dock on the bottom (holds 15 apps) , and the ease of 7 screens which I catogorize, make it hard for me to use another lancher (tried a few).
    My 15 most important apps are always right at my fingertips no matter what screen I'm on.
    No digging thru the drawer or flipping to another screen.

ROM
    Mirage

15 dock icons is easily configured in Holo launcher and I believe 7 home screens is also possible.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Oh! Now you tell me. I already deleted it along with any other installed system app that I didn't need (browser, live wallpapers, News and Weather, etc.). Made sure not to delete the keyboard or gallery (doing so is bad later on).
    Deleted it on the last two installs. Will check it out on next install. I'm installing a different color, deep-deep, theme with each install and then making backup ( have to flash the later half thru the recovery to complete theme).
    This will allow me to select a backup with whatever color theme I'm in the mood for that week. There are 6 colors in all.
    Have three to go.

ROM
    [TeamFC] MiuiAndroid

What would happen if you delete the gallery? I almost always do and replace it with quick pic, haven't had any issues yet regarding it

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Used to eventualy cause fc's and system glitches. Maybe OK now, just not taking chance.
    I have noticed though that it seems to work flawlessly with the last two builds and shows more pics than (some I forgot I even had ) Quick Pic, which just isn't showing them at all.
    I'll probably get rid of Quick Pic in favor of the Gallery.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1046  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by kenharkey7 View Post
    What would happen if you delete the gallery? I almost always do and replace it with quick pic, haven't had any issues yet regarding it
    You can delete the stock gallery app. I also delete it and use Quickpic.
    kenharkey7 likes this.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

It's working better than Quick Pic for me.
    Showing pics that Quick Pic isn't.
    It's also running pretty smooth and faster than in previous Gingerbread ROMs.
    What ever you did helped the 3D Gallery a whole bunch.
    I'm keeping it and getting rid of Quick Pic.

Thanked by:
    mrg666 
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1048  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Really? I didn't check Gallery3D since a very long time. Time to check it again. Thanks!

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Buy the way: Thanks a whole lot for spending all that time to develope this ROM and kernel, and for coming back and making things right when an improvement was needed (even though you where working on ROMs for another phone).
    My hat is off to you.

Last edited by AndyOpie150; 02-05-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    EnModmrg666nus 

ROM
    mirage cm7

i've been using mirage on my LS670 for a while and heard about the entropy fix, so i went ahead and updated mirage from the november build to the 1-29-13 build. everything's stable, and about phone says the kernel is the 012713 kernel, but when i checked entropy_avail instead of printing a number in the thousands it printed a number between 130 and 190, with the entropy increasing to 190 and then dropping back to 130.
    it's not really a big deal, but i do wonder if that's a glitch in the kernel or if my phone's just weird

edit: flashed the fast-charge kernel, and entropy is still in the 130-190 range. oh well. though is about phone supposed to say that the fast-charge kernel version is 012713?
    edit2: fast-charging works, so the kernel is flashing fine.
    Last edited by shockdude; 02-05-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast