Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1674
Like Tree459Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1051  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Default Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

I didn't change the kernel version after adding the fast-charge mode. So it is still 012713, my mistake.
    Try to use the following app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndentropyavail
    it will show you entropy_avail in real time. The entropy_avail number should rise to about 3500 and stay there while you are monitoring.

Hrmm...just tried that entropy checker app and I'm getting 190ish too with the 1/29 build. Going to install Seeder and compare.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    MiRaGe 01292013

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    I didn't change the kernel version after adding the fast-charge mode. So it is still 012713, my mistake.
    Try to use the following app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndentropyavail
    it will show you entropy_avail in real time. The entropy_avail number should rise to about 3500 and stay there while you are monitoring.
    Using that app I'm also seeing really low entropy results, around the 190-290 range, also on the lastest build and kernel.
    "The answer's not that complex, we need to simplify." - Syst, "Complex Deconstruction"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1054  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

The entropy value goes down to 190-200 especially when the phone wakes up but rises back to ~3500 quickly. This is what I see. Keep the app open and monitor the entropy_avail value.

ROM
    MiRaGe 01292013

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    The entropy value goes down to 190-200 especially when the phone wakes up but rises back to ~3500 quickly. This is what I see. Keep the app open and monitor the entropy_avail value.
    Can you define "quickly?" After two minutes it's still hovering around 200 in the app.
    "The answer's not that complex, we need to simplify." - Syst, "Complex Deconstruction"

ROM
    mirage cm7

installed the random entropy available app.
    if i let the phone sit and do nothing, the entropy value stays constant at some value between 130 and 220.
    interacting with the phone (touching the screen, pressing buttons, etc.) causes the value to increase, resetting back to 140-ish once the value goes past 210.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1057  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I mean about 1 minute with "quickly". If the entropy-avail is not increasing to ~3500 while you are monitoring with the app, this is not normal. Either you don't have the latest kernel or a previous enthropy app/binary is still interfering with the kernel. Here is my screenshot

ROM
    mirage cm7

the kernel i currently have is the 1-30-13 fast charge kernel you posted on the previous page. before that i had the kernel that came with the 1-29 mirage build, which i assume is the 1-27 kernel. both kernels reported entropies between 130 and 220. i have not used any entropy apps before; in fact today was the first time i heard about it.
    granted i dirty-flashed the 1-29 mirage build over the november mirage build; i'll test a clean flash later if i have time.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

With latest ROM flashed over previous ROM It never whent over 141 before screen timed out.
    With restore of the latest ROM (fresh install) 151.
    I don't know if this is due to my three part theme (last part having to be flashed from recovery).

The app was put in internal storage. Screen timeout set to two minutes.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1060  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I can also see the low numbers (~200) especially after the device is turned on after deep sleep or when I use an app that heavily uses the random numbers such as the browser. But the entropy never stays at the low numbers. I can see that the entropy increases to the level I showed above.

I am not able reproduce your reports right now. Let me search for a possible reason. I will post if I can find something.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

You might want to disregard my previous post until I can verify the app didn't get corrupted in download from market (only have 3G).
    With fresh install of ROM and Gapps and no theme It didn't go over 153.
    I'll stop at McDonalds and download from their WiFi, then run it again.

Is there a way to make use of the voice button right above the camera button? Like use it as a shortcut to Gallery/Quickpic?

and any way to make the lockscreen look like quattrimus? do i need to buy that lockscreen app?

Ok, I'm getting inconsistent results. I tried Seeder again and was able to consistently see entropy pool values around 3500-4000. Then I uninstalled it and the entropy dropped back down 130-200.

This morning I decided to check and saw the entropy pool rise slowly from 400 to 3100.

[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)-uploadfromtaptalk1360256514729.jpg

Last night I uninstalled ivona voice because I didn't like that it was running as a background service but that is the only difference. Wondering how much of an effect certain applications have on entropy.

Thanked by:
    mrg666 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1064  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

This means the entropy patch in the kernel is working. Probably something was using too much entropy. Maybe ivona was the problem. I have been using svox classic without any problems, but I had to buy a voice (Grace US).

@QinnSF - Regarding the extra button on the phone, it is not configured in the source code. I wouldn't bother attaching it to anything given that the latest trend is eliminating as many physical buttons as possible on the latest phones and using touch screen as much as possible. There are many configuration options in the lock screen settings of CM7. You can also download a lockscreen app from the market (hololocker, widget locker, go locker, ....)
    Thanked by:

Hi, I've been using BS 1-31 since it came out and settled on it but I'd like to try MIrage. Always been curious but the way AndieOpie has been heaping praise on it at the Android Forums it sounds pretty good.
    I haven't messed with other roms in long time and the only recovery I've used is Xionia CWMA 1.2518.4 (with the blue text).
    Will this recovery still be fine?
    fyi, I don't use link2sd, only have the one partition, not sure that matters but thought I'd mention it. I do understand the stated advantages to using link2sd but I don't use quite as many apps as most of you.
    Another couple questions I have, it does have theme chooser built in correct?
    Also, I've read some of this thread and confused about the the notification bar, is it clear or black? I'd rather it be black.
    Also, the clock can't be colored or moved correct? These aren't deal breakers just curious..

Thankyou mrg666

ROM
    BACKside-IHO

Is there an app that will show entropy use by app?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1067  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

scorson, the minimum recommended recovery is BobZ's recovery. There is EarthnFire's latest recovery as well. Don't use Xionia. You can use MiRaGe without Link2SD just fine as long as you don't fill /data. Theme chooser is included, bar is black. Clock can't be colored and moved, and that is how I prefer

kraven, I am not aware of such an application.

Thanks for the reply mrg. I'm a little nervous about using a different recovery and don't know or remember how to go about installing it. I suppose I could try EarthnFire's, I went to that page but is it pretty simple to switch recovery's? Can it be stated in a couple sentences? I'm just being lazy about it I know I should just get reading..
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1069  

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by scorson View Post
    Can it be stated in a couple sentences? I'm just being lazy about it I know I should just get reading..
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...i/IHO-Recovery

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Flash image GUI from the play store makes flashing recoveries very easy.

Hey thanks upconvert for helping, but after backing up/syncing a few things I just used mrg's link provided and grabbed the iho recovery and it was pretty simple, I just had to install terminal emulator again, found I have the new recov, so now I'm going to delete and wipe a bunch of stuff pretty quick and go for it!

Oh goodness, seems to be a prob. either I don't know how to use this recovery or something went awry. I could'nt get out of the recovery and it acted funny, wouldn't go to advanced just showed static circle/tophat then when going back wouldn't respond to commands to reboot or anything. I pulled battery and it rebooted to BS however. Should I use a different recovery or try installing again?

Well I checked the md5 and it was right so I tried flashing it again and same thing. So maybe a different recovery for me I don't know

And one more edit lol. I tried Bob's recovery and seemed to do the same thing. Then I tried the ZenGarden and this one the menus seem to behave, so I guess I'm good now. I don't know what the problem was with the others, probably user error somehow I don't know..

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

The camera button is the select button on all CWMod recovery's and their variants, like the BobZohme modified CWMod recovery (VM670NH_recovery.img).
    The ZenGarden use's the virtual home button.

upconvert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    The camera button is the select button on all CWMod recovery's and their variants, like the BobZohme modified CWMod recovery
    (VM670NH_recovery.img).
    The ZenGarden use's the virtual home button.

That explains a lot
    upconvert likes this.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

That brings back memories. Thank god for touch recoveries. They weren't around when I made that pebcak. I guess, more accurately, thank earth-n-fire.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

The first touch screen recovery for the V was the: Touch Screen recovery, which used the virtual home key or the camera button for selections.
    Then came the COT and ZenGarden, which for some reason I haven't tried to see which physical buttons do what.
    Now I guess I'll have to.

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.

upconvert likes this.
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546 ... LastLast