[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Alternatively, you could find an older copy of ADW, uninstall the new one, then install the old one.

Thanks for the suggestion but the new launcher is not that bad that I need to revert back to a previous version. Just need to use it for a bit so to get used to the operational differences. I should keep up with the times with changes and developmental progress... ;) If mrg is "impressed" then there must be some merits. As I respect his judgements, given his experience and track record with this ROM's ongoing support and development.

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

I disabled ADW and installed Holo Launcher. Really nice, lightweight and bug-free, with some nice extras.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm not on the rom currently but it sounds like you have it disabled in settings... Sorry I can't say where to exatly as I'm on cm9 currently and it's menus are completely different. Regardless I know there is a setting for it you'll have to look around a bit unless someone else wants to point you to it.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Display in settings menu,
Display in CM settings
Or it can also be in your launcher settings
Make sure its enabled in all these locations

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

emperordemon

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm on the 9302012 build and I was wondering if I need to do a full wipe to upgrade? I don't really feel like re-doing all of my phone settings again. Thanks in advance.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm on the 9302012 build and I was wondering if I need to do a full wipe to upgrade? I don't really feel like re-doing all of my phone settings again. Thanks in advance.

Just make a nandroid backup and try wiping just cache and dalvik. No guarantees but it should be fine and if it's not you still can restore

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I've updated MiRaGe six times since 07072012 without any problem by just wiping the cache and Dalvik cache. In the latest update from 09302012 to 11102012, I did the same routine. However, I experienced one anomaly--the selected mp3 for ringtone changed to another mp3 unexpectedly all by itself after the update. No big deal--just a bit surprised and confused when the first couple of incoming calls happened... :eek: Maybe a result of the new launcher? :confused:

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

My Play store is all of a sudden force closing.
I have tried clearing cache, that did not work. I tried rebooting, it did not work.
Any help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

My Play store is all of a sudden force closing.
I have tried clearing cache, that did not work. I tried rebooting, it did not work.
Any help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Maybe delete your Google account, then delete app data, then add your account again.

indieguy76

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for all your time spent on us OV users and giving us a great rom!! One issue I had applying this update and I don't know if it was just me but I lost my SU binary which needless to say created all kinds of problems with my link2sd and other root specific apps... but I flashed superSU as work around and updated my binary and all is good : D keep up the good work and thank you all fellow forumers for all your helpful info!

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Here's an issue I'm having....
Granted I rarely use these apps, and probably havent even before mrg's latest update. Two apps are unable to initiate the camera: one is QRDroid scanner and the other is the EBay app when trying to sell an item or scan to find an item. Basically a blank screen.
Is there possibly something that had been modded or tweeked in the cameras "files" that could have affected this.
Using the camera for pics/video is functional with no issues I've encountered.
Would somebody be able to test/verify?
I have already contacted EBays customer support and they basically just had me re-install the app...
Thanks in advance :)

Attached SS:

Attachments

• screenshot-20121117-111213am.png
    screenshot-20121117-111213am.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 244
  • screenshot-20121117-105621am.png
    screenshot-20121117-105621am.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 245

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

The only reason I might not update is because I'm on GO Launcher.......
Please don't burn me on the stake!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Granted I rarely use these apps, and probably havent even before mrg's latest update. Two apps are unable to initiate the camera: one is QRDroid scanner and the other is the EBay app when trying to sell an item or scan to find an item. Basically a blank screen.
Is there possibly something that had been modded or tweeked in the cameras "files" that could have affected this.
I have already contacted EBays customer support and they basically just had me re-install the app...

Attached SS:

I use Barcode Scanner, Stock Camera, and Camera Zoom FX. There are no problems. I have also tested QRDroid for you. It worked as well. The problem is with your configuration/setup.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

The only reason I might not update is because I'm on GO Launcher.......
Please don't burn me on the stake!

Go Launcher is the most bloated and inefficient launcher I have ever used. Make yourself a favor and get rid of it.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Attached SS:

I use QR Droid (v5.3), and I've had no problem prior to, or currently with, 11102012--just tested now to confirm all is working. The QR Droid app itself occasionally fails to recognize the camera properly, especially upon the last couple of updates of the app itself, based on my personal experiences. A reboot of the phone would correct that failure-to-detect-camera for me. Not an issue with the MiRaGe ROM. As to eBay, I've no experience with that. HTH...

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

I use Barcode Scanner, Stock Camera, and Camera Zoom FX. There are no problems. I have also tested QRDroid for you. It worked as well. The problem is with your configuration/setup.

ok.
config/setup in what/where?? The app itself or in system settings?
I'm assuming system cuz there aren't many setup options in the apps themselves as far as all that goes.
Do I need to download additional apps?....I hope not, thats not something I'd like to do if possible;(

dlinderaz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Hi. I have used this rom in the past and was very happy with it all. The only thing that had me going back to Inferior Human Organs was the ability to customize the status bar color and the notification drop down color, image, and/or transparency. Is there a mod I can use with this rom to have these vain yet neat options? Thank you. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dlinderaz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Go Launcher is the most bloated and inefficient launcher I have ever used. Make yourself a favor and get rid of it.

I agree. I used to like it but it has become sluggish and full of stuff you don't need. I like the simplicity of LauncherPro, I use it mostly when I'm working with icon creation, etc. I do like the new ADW though. I might just purchase the full version. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney