[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

OK thank you, I'll try a bit later when I have a stronger connection

OK got it downloaded running the new update now, mrg can I ask what the reasons behind switching from adw to holo launcher were?

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

The last update of ADW introduced a problem: when the home screen is locked (not lock screen) the menu button does not give usual settings menu without unlocking the home screen first. I have waited for some time for the developer to fix this but it wasn't fixed since two months now. I decided to move on. Holo Launcher is smaller than ADW (by half) and it is based on the Android 4.0 source; it is very lean and efficient. I have tested it for a while and decided to switch. I recommend buying the Plus version which enables the unread counts for phone, gmail, and msm apps as well as additional animations. But you can keep using ADW (or any other Launcher) by installing from the Play store. Just save/backup your Launcher settings to SD before updating the ROM.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

OK thanks, yeah I actually am using adw, as far as the issue it doesn't effect me since I never lock my home screen but I understand how that could be an issue.
but I understand how that could be an issue.

Last edited:

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to make the home screen have those buttons where instead of swiping to the next home screen page, you can just tap the button (on the bottom next to menu key/browser key) (like in froyo and harmonia) and it'll go to the next homepage screen. I have a picture but I don't know how to upload it straight from my computer.

And how do I update this rom? Do I download it from pg. 1 of this thread and flash or is there a short-cut on the phone?

skealoha86

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

New build is running super smooth as usual, thanks mrg666 :)

QuinnSF, if Holo Launcher doesn't have those buttons available as shortcuts (it probably does), you can can install a different launcher that does offer that functionality. For example, I use ADW and you can add those buttons by holding down on an empty area of the screen, then looking for "launcher shortcuts", tap and choose Go Next or Go Previous:

uploadfromtaptalk1359531547264.jpg

As for install of this ROM, all the info is in those first few posts by mrg666; standard flash after a full wipe if you're coming from a different ROM, cache and dalvik only if updating - there's no update from within the ROM that I'm aware of.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to make the home screen have those buttons where instead of swiping to the next home screen page, you can just tap the button (on the bottom next to menu key/browser key) (like in froyo and harmonia) and it'll go to the next homepage screen. ...

Thanks MiRaGe for the Holo launcher change! :) I was not pleased when I'd to switch and learn ADW over its predecessor as I was accustomed to those 'next page' buttons too. However, I've adjusted and actually gotten used to the ADW configuration. Just as I've adopted and accepted ADW, another launcher switch to Holo now... At first, it was like WTH when I thought all my ADW desktop settings were all gone after flashing the new ROM version. Luckily, I always backed up my launcher settings so I was able to easily select ADW as default launcher--which Holo is well-designed to offer this option right at its initial start. Just had to reinstall/reinitialize a few widgets that had disappeared--no big deal. While I'd the ADW configuration back, I was able to bring up Holo at the same time, and configure it to look and behave the same as ADW. After that was done, I just set Holo as the default launcher now and uninstalled ADW. Again, Holo is nicely designed with enough settings flexibility so that the switch was no big hassle. I actually like Holo now since it's leaner and more efficient--IMHO, ADW was kind of bloated and not as efficient. Thanks again MiRaGe, liking the new Holo launcher. :)

As to those 'next page' buttons instead of swiping to the next desktop page, I think Holo has a better feature where you can press on the [Home] button and it brings up a preview screen with an index of all the desktop pages so that one can just select and jump to that page directly. This was the default behaviour when I started Holo. If not, one can set it via:

[Menu] <Launcher settings> <Gestures & Keys> <Home key action> <Screen previews>

2304screenshot-20130130-075335am.png

FYI, try it, you might like it.:)

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Any way to make a page with all apps and one with favorite apps, similiar to the old adw?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but this could be achieved and configured through:

[Menu] <Launcher settings> <Drawer Settings>

Check/enable [Enable drawer tabs] under the Tab Settings section

and make sure [Hide favorite tab] is unchecked/disabled.

Now, just open your Apps Drawer ...

9121screenshot-20130130-031755pm.png

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

MrG,
Would there be any way possible to incorporate a fast charge option/widget?
I know this capability is only useful with jawz's kernal, which I had been using.
I am a frequent user of teathering off this device. There is a HUGE batt drain when without it..
Thank you and appreciate the commitment&continued updates:)

nus

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but this could be achieved and configured through:

[Menu] <Launcher settings> <Drawer Settings>

Check/enable [Enable drawer tabs] under the Tab Settings section

and make sure [Hide favorite tab] is unchecked/disabled.

Now, just open your Apps Drawer ...

I've tried this. The only method (that I know of) to edit app entries in the drawer is by hiding them. However, hiding an app will hide the app in all tabs. This is the only thing holding me back from updating to Holo from ADW.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

MrG,
Would there be any way possible to incorporate a fast charge option/widget?
I know this capability is only useful with jawz's kernal, which I had been using.
I am a frequent user of teathering off this device. There is a HUGE batt drain when without it..
Thank you and appreciate the commitment&continued updates:)

I have added the fast charge mode in the MiRaGe kernel for you. You can download from the following link.

VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_01302013.zip MD5sum: 5525F52DB57867610E8F831178BE20DE

Can you please test it and post here if there are any problems? There are fast charge toggle widgets/apps in the Play Store but I have not tried them.

You can always use the following command in the terminal to toggle on
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
or the following to toggle off
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

So I downloaded and was trying out Instagram then the phone rebooted now camera doesn't work at all, this was a fresh flash yesterday of the newest zip and no settings have even been changed

equzu3eb.jpg

3u5uby8u.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Camera is working with the stock Camera and Zoom FX app. It should be a problem with Instagram, maybe their latest update.

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Camera is working with the stock Camera and Zoom FX app. It should be a problem with Instagram, maybe their latest update.

Maybe but it's only happened on mirage which is why I posted it here, I'm running harmonia now and it's fine. After it happened even the stock camera wouldn't work, that's the second pic (I'm sure you knew that though)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Maybe but it's only happened on mirage which is why I posted it here, I'm running harmonia now and it's fine. After it happened even the stock camera wouldn't work, that's the second pic (I'm sure you knew that though)

I have tried Paper Camera and also installed Instagram. Paper Camera also worked but Instagram could not initialize the camera and froze. After I killed Instagram, I could start the Camera app and it worked normally. Instagram is using the camera differently than the other three camera apps that I tried. I am not sure if there is a problem with Instagram or it is hitting a bug in the camera interface the other apps don't. I will post if I can find something.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Agreed that this is 99.5% an app issue.....
I have posted somewhere before that even my eBay app cannot initialize the camera to scan a barcode, but my QR code/bar scanner works fine. I've contacted the company about the problem as maybe yo should with Instagram.
Use something else in the meantime that is proven to work with our ROM as tested by the dev him/herself ;)

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Day 2 and no problems encounterd with the updated kernal with fastcharge..
I did have two strange occurances, however, and not with fastcharge on:
1)browser closed and reverted to homescreen on 2 occasions
2)froze/stuck while replying to a text message(keyboard)...could turn screen off and go home but continued to run and used up a lot of battery until I realized it and just rebooted.
Not saying it the kernal, just odd and reporting as you requested;)

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

I have uploaded the 01292013 build of MiRaGe with the following changes.

- new kernel build patched to fix entropy depleting
- many small fixes and improvements after syncing with CM7.2 repo
- replaced ADW Launcher with Holo Launcher

VZW and Sprint conversions are also updated.

Enjoy!

Good call on Holo Launcher. I replaced ADW with this in my Mirage install a while back, and absolutely love it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87