Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

ROM
    MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    1. If you use a bootanimation.zip in system/media, the framework files will not be seen. It's one or the other.
    2. the framework png's need to be exactly as they are, same name, same color depth... You can change the writing or colors, but don't go beyond that. changing size leads to some weird effects.
    3. Only the two.
    What happens is the lettering is clear, the color slides across behind it in a loop. You can create some pretty neat things for such a simple effect, but that is all you can do. If you want a nice animation sequence you will need to use the bootanimation.zip. Where you can build mini movies.
    Thanks! Im playing around with this.... I found out that the status bars were breaking the framework-res.apk im possibly not putting them in the rom the right way .... I'll see what else I can do. So far so great
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Default Re: [ROM] Aeneas Froyo B.Y.O.R. 13June12

Quote Originally Posted by ilikechicken123 View Post
    Thanks! Im playing around with this.... I found out that the status bars were breaking the framework-res.apk im possibly not putting them in the rom the right way .... I'll see what else I can do. So far so great
    I made a slight change to the statusbar downloads to explain a little better I hope.

If you look in the statusbar mods, copy everything in the system folder over to the system folder on your rom. That should be all you need to do to make them work. Then you can mod from there.

Try making a rom where all you do is swap the statusbar, if it works, then you at least know you are headed the right direction. If you can't get just that to work, let me know and I will see if I can spot the problem.

Now you guys can see how I wore out my sdcards and slots. LOL
    As you get more used to it, it will all go faster and you will be more comfortable, but be prepared for a lot of trial and error before you are happy. It's not as easy as "Oh I want this and this and this and.... " Some things are like that, but it's very easy to break things. Things you think won't matter, will. Things you think will be important, aren't.

Just think, you barely scratched the surface. Each time you think you have reached the limit of what you or the rom can do, you can always find more. It's only a matter of how much time and effort you are willing to put in.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Thanked by:
    EnMod 

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07/Mirage2.6.3

How hard would it be to create an ics looking froyo rom? Since froyo doesn't support transparency in the status bar would it be as simple as taking the pngs from ics and changing the transparent parts to the color of the status bar and replacing them?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Default Re: [ROM] Aeneas Froyo Build Your Own Rom 13June12

you really are a huge part of the OV community, and you dont even use the phone. Thank you very much.
    Guess whos coming back!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Find an ICS launcher that works in froyo, then stick the statusbar into (I think they can make it transparent).

That would get you pretty close at least on the home screen. Look at some of the themeing tutorials and you could theme the dialer and sort of the messenger pretty easy.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Harmonia 2.07/Mirage2.6.3

Thank you this is something I've been thinking about for a while. I have your 2.08 rom on my phone with the ics theme and I love it but I think that a froyo rom themed as close to ics as possible would be interesting. For those who don't like the alpha bugs of 4.0 and who prefer froyo over iho, it would be an interesting thing to have available, and I havent seen something like that yet

Just flashed this ROM, loving the boot animation, amazing!

Btw, does Aeneas rhyme with " "? Sorry, I had to ask! Lol..

ROM
    MiRaGe 01292013

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post

Btw, does Aeneas rhyme with " "? Sorry, I had to ask! Lol..
    It's pronounced "Uh-nee-us," so you decide lol.
    "The answer's not that complex, we need to simplify." - Syst, "Complex Deconstruction"
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Not really meant to be used that way, but it can I guess. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by EnMod View Post
    It's pronounced "Uh-nee-us," so you decide lol.
    Ahhh ok it's "Uh-NEE-us". Got it now thanks!
    Thanked by:
    EnMod 

ROM
    MiRaGe

I made a slight change to the statusbar downloads to explain a little better I hope.

If you look in the statusbar mods, copy everything in the system folder over to the system folder on your rom. That should be all you need to do to make them work. Then you can mod from there.

Try making a rom where all you do is swap the statusbar, if it works, then you at least know you are headed the right direction. If you can't get just that to work, let me know and I will see if I can spot the problem.

Now you guys can see how I wore out my sdcards and slots. LOL
    As you get more used to it, it will all go faster and you will be more comfortable, but be prepared for a lot of trial and error before you are happy. It's not as easy as "Oh I want this and this and this and.... " Some things are like that, but it's very easy to break things. Things you think won't matter, will. Things you think will be important, aren't.

Just think, you barely scratched the surface. Each time you think you have reached the limit of what you or the rom can do, you can always find more. It's only a matter of how much time and effort you are willing to put in.
    It still didn't work. Im trying to use the third black status bar. I opened framework-res on the rom and on the status bar file and the folders are different. The ones that end with v4 on the status bar don't end with v4 in the rom and vice versa.

And I can see how confusing and difficult it must get .... you don't even know what's going wrong when something does go wrong so you you have to start all over :c

Annndddd. I am also thinking of making an ICS froyo xD

It still didn't work. Im trying to use the third black status bar. I opened framework-res on the rom and on the status bar file and the folders are different. The ones that end with v4 on the status bar don't end with v4 in the rom and vice versa.

And I can see how confusing and difficult it must get .... you don't even know what's going wrong when something does go wrong so you you have to start all over :c

Annndddd. I am also thinking of making an ICS froyo xD
    If you DO get a black status bar build working, please post it . Will download!

ROM
    MiRaGe

If you DO get a black status bar build working, please post it . Will download!
    I'm trying. Haha. Its in the process. I just need LeslieAnn's help. The status bars don't seem to cooperate. I'll be posting the first release shortly. Just getting some fixes done and adding APKs and will be up

Maybe a black status bar will go in the second version.
    Thanked by:

I'm trying. Haha. Its in the process. I just need LeslieAnn's help. The status bars don't seem to cooperate. I'll be posting the first release shortly. Just getting some fixes done and adding APKs and will be up

Maybe a black status bar will go in the second version.
    Great. I actually had a question, maybe you can help? I'm trying to build a custom ROM that removes apps which I never use. This is a list of apps I don't use:

Email
    Music
    News and Weather
    G Search
    Talk
    Voice Dialer
    Voice search

For all intensive purposes, these might as well be bloatware since I never have, nor intend to ever use!

Is there an easy way to get rid of these apps? I appreciate any help!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Great. I actually had a question, maybe you can help? I'm trying to build a custom ROM that removes apps which I never use. This is a list of apps I don't use:

Email
    Music
    News and Weather
    G Search
    Talk
    Voice Dialer
    Voice search

For all intensive purposes, these might as well be bloatware since I never have, nor intend to ever use!

If you remove email and Gmail, you will make setting up an account impossible or near impossible. You need at least one, and you may actually need Email regardless of Gmail. The rest is fine to remove.

Haha, okay, I see the problem, you are over-thinking it. Remember, these are flash files, they only over-write files and folders. You went waaaaaaaaaay too deep. Don't open the framework-res.apk, just copy the folders over then do your internal mods to that one, like this....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM] Aeneas Froyo Build Your Own Rom 13June12-dwqdwd1.jpg  

How do you get the APKs? Is there a way of taking them off your phone or just downloading them?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Appsaver is handy for the apps you installed, it will copy all of them to a folder on the sdcard.

ES file works for system apps, though there is few you should need.

Thanked by:

ROM
    MiRaGe

Email
    Music
    News and Weather
    G Search
    Talk
    Voice Dialer
    Voice search

NoBloat Free is a good app to remove system apps when the rom is in use.

ROM
    MiRaGe

If you remove email and Gmail, you will make setting up an account impossible or near impossible. You need at least one, and you may actually need Email regardless of Gmail. The rest is fine to remove.

Haha, okay, I see the problem, you are over-thinking it. Remember, these are flash files, they only over-write files and folders. You went waaaaaaaaaay too deep. Don't open the framework-res.apk, just copy the folders over then do your internal mods to that one, like this....
    I've actually removed email and Gmail with no problem at all....

and okay I'll try to do that for version 2 since I'm pretty much done with the first version.... but do you have any idea on how to theme menus and dialer etc on a Froyo rom? is it possible to theme the themes and dialer?

That

That's cool. I will check this out, thank you for the tip.

LeslieAnn, I'm going to leave in GMail per your suggestion, thank you! Can you tell me how to remove the other apps from the ROM build? Where do I go, what do I delete?

I'm sorry I'm such a noob. The NoBloat looks good, but I'd like to do it myself too if possible ...

Quote Originally Posted by randomosity117 View Post
    How hard would it be to create an ics looking froyo rom? Since froyo doesn't support transparency in the status bar would it be as simple as taking the pngs from ics and changing the transparent parts to the color of the status bar and replacing them?

Try Holo Launcher from Google Play store. The shortcuts and widgets will make it almost look ICS.

ROM
    MiRaGe

That's cool. I will check this out, thank you for the tip.

LeslieAnn, I'm going to leave in GMail per your suggestion, thank you! Can you tell me how to remove the other apps from the ROM build? Where do I go, what do I delete?

I'm sorry I'm such a noob. The NoBloat looks good, but I'd like to do it myself too if possible ...
    To delete the system apps go into the 'system' folder then into the 'app' folder and delete the unnecessary ones.

To delete the system apps go into the 'system' folder then into the 'app' folder and delete the unnecessary ones.

Cool. I will do that when I get the time. Thanks!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast