Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Default Re: [ROM] Aeneas Froyo Build Your Own Rom 13June12

There really isn't a whole lot in there that can be safely removed.

Harmonia Developer for Optimus V, Optimus Elite, One V, Evo V, Evo Shift, Evo V
    Donate here if you feel inclined to brighten my day.
    Thanked by:

Excellent Concept Leslie. Just the right way to start Romming.

I managed to replace the default wall paper following the instructions. I tried locating the Virgin wall paper, language inside the zip and apks. But not able to locate. Wonder if someone can provide pointers? I saw the font folder. I am going to try to play with fonts.

I removed the email and gmail apks without causing any issues. I use k9 mail which is super fast and also provides more options. So I do not need other email apps. This allows me Yahoo and Gmail all in one. I wonder how Yahoo survives because when I use it through K9 mail there are no ads like in the official yahoo mail

Thanks once again Leslie - It is nobler to "teach fishing than to provide fish"

I just used NoBloat app to remove Email, Music, News and Weather, G Search, Voice dialer, Voice Search, Talkback, Kickback, Soundback, Live Wallpapers, Swype keyboard, and Activate fron system. It works great, still stable after 24 hours. I probably removed about 15MB of apps from /system.

And the best part is, removing Voice search and Voice dialer did NOT affect Android Keyboard - the buttons simply disappeared. I suppose I actually prefer it that way, now the keys are slightly larger.

Thank you LeslieAnn and ILikeChicken! Works great, I'm very happy!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    I managed to replace the default wall paper following the instructions. I tried locating the Virgin wall paper, language inside the zip and apks. But not able to locate. Wonder if someone can provide pointers? I saw the font folder. I am going to try to play with fonts.
    Virgin wallpaper was stripped from this. This is a de-branded Harmonia, which was de-branded of Virgin stuff a year ago.

Hmmm. I do see them. When I click on Menu --> Wallpaper. I do see all the original wall paper that was placed by Virgin Mobile. And I think I read in the OP, unlike Harmonia you have put back wall paper, language and sound from Virgin Mobile although the bloatware is removed. Will hunt around more with finer comb.
    YAY!!! ME :)

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    Hmmm. I do see them. When I click on Menu --> Wallpaper. I do see all the original wall paper that was placed by Virgin Mobile. And I think I read in the OP, unlike Harmonia you have put back wall paper, language and sound from Virgin Mobile although the bloatware is removed. Will hunt around more with finer comb.
    Most of the wallpapers are inside Launcher2.apk, it is the live wallpapers that an app.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Default Re: [ROM] Aeneas Froyo B.Y.O.R. 13June12

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieAnn View Post
    There is nothing stopping an IHO dev from offering a GB version and I'm sure this will probably put pressure on them to do so, but I'm torn on the idea of someone doing that. A GB version would create more new roms, but there would be less incentive for people to take it to the next level.
    can see your point on this, and I to would rather people build IHO from source, it is not hard, time consuming yes but not hard.

I am pretty close to getting the Window system going, got the signing problem worked out and what apk cannot be decompiled. Al I have to do is finish writing out a 100 freaking scripts, but I do see your point as to some people not learning about building for source. So now I'm torn about releasing it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by EarthnFire78 View Post
    Most of the wallpapers are inside Launcher2.apk, it is the live wallpapers that an app.
    The one that starts with the phone is in framework, the optional are in the Luncher, and those are still missing.

I flubbed the wallpaper bit on this rom.
    Sorry guys.
    If I do an update I will put them in, but it's definitely not a priority as the idea is for you guys to mess with it.

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"]can see your point on this, and I to would rather people build IHO from source, it is not hard, time consuming yes but not hard.
    It's up to you.
    I'm sure some will graduate from there even if there is a BYOR GB as some things really need to be done from source.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

It's up to you.
    I'm sure some will graduate from there even if there is a BYOR GB as some things really need to be done from source.
    Well if/when I do release well have to have a ton of disclaimers, because the registry well have to be edit to be case sensitive and the Cygwin install well be a little over 1GB. Plus right now the BYOR-GB edition is about 250MB's.

Thanks for the pointers. I do not think you should update. The whole point is to learn. This is a nicely packaged tutorial.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

This makes me wanna build a rom

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s
    Thanked by:

ROM
    MiRaGe

I finally got the status bar working. I'm releasing my next update soon.
    LeslieAnn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikechicken123 View Post
    I finally got the status bar working. I'm releasing my next update soon.
    Awesome! Going to download it and give it a try.

ROM
    MiRaGe

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    Awesome! Going to download it and give it a try.
    Its not uploaded yet. (The version with black status bar). I'm waiting to see if anthonycr is going to cook us up a theme. Not many people are taking an interest in my rom anyway its sad /:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Its not uploaded yet. (The version with black status bar). I'm waiting to see if anthonycr is going to cook us up a theme. Not many people are taking an interest in my rom anyway its sad /:
    It takes a bit to build trust, plus this is Froyo... It's not as exciting. Don't build for others, build for yourself. Harmonia has always been primarily what I wanted. If others liked it, great.

ROM
    MiRaGe

It takes a bit to build trust, plus this is Froyo... It's not as exciting. Don't build for others, build for yourself. Harmonia has always been primarily what I wanted. If others liked it, great.
    It seems better that way, that way I know the audience will like what I make.

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Building for yourself is always better that is how you well know if your work is good, because if you like it then others well too.

Right now my recovery build is more popular then my rom build.

ROM
    MiRaGe

Building for yourself is always better that is how you well know if your work is good, because if you like it then others well too.

Right now my recovery build is more popular then my rom build.
    I use your recovery xD
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Pretty much every rom dev starts off that way.
    At least half of mine were personal roms, the rests were requests

ROM
    MiRaGe

Pretty much every rom dev starts off that way.
    At least half of mine were personal roms, the rests were requests
    So you've built other roms?!?! They could be very popular and useful. Do you ever think of posting them?

I've been using your Harmonia 2 for a couple months now. It's the best I've found. thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

YAY!!!!!!

The IHO version is ready, all I have to do is put together some README'S, on how to install and use. You well need to install the Cgywin Packages I have put together first.

As Cygwin is a Unix like System for Windows which means this version uses Unix bash/shell scripts, however this well not work in Linux by design, if you want to build on Linux, then build from source it is more nerdy fun.
    Last edited by EarthnFire78; 06-26-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    sellers86 likes this.

ROM
    MiRaGe

YAY!!!!!!

The IHO version is ready, all I have to do is put together some README'S, on how to install and use. You well need to install the Cgywin Packages I have put together first.

As Cygwin is a Unix like System for Windows which means this version uses Unix bash/shell scripts, however this well not work in Linux by design, if you want to build on Linux, then build from source it is more nerdy fun.
    Wooot!!!! Cant wait to try it!

ROM
    Custom ROM & Kernel

Wooot!!!! Cant wait to try it!
    I'l have it upload tonight and ready by tomorrow morning 10 a.m. MST. The Cygwin packages I had were from an earlier install of Windows so was not able to use those. So the Cygwin install is now a two step process because I'm to lazy to put them together again.

ROM
    MiRaGe

I'l have it upload tonight and ready by tomorrow morning 10 a.m. MST. The Cygwin packages I had were from an earlier install of Windows so was not able to use those. So the Cygwin install is now a two step process because I'm to lazy to put them together again.
    Haha OK. Thanks! Either way, a lot if people are going to try it thanks for your hard work!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast