[ROM-July 31]G-T-R Reloaded 7.8.6| Gaming+Beats(Root Fix Updated)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
not really a bug,go into cyanogenmod settings and change carrier label type to whatever you want. cyanogenmod needs option in statusbar tweaks to change status bar color to black or remove the transparency. only thing ive found. but im guessing any theme which isnt transparent will make it black or whatever again. either way. not a issue. very useable.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Yeah. Although its translarent, it also kills some performance. I reverted to Acheps ICS on the market.

you guys should try his LiGux port, also very fast and stable!:D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Nice to see someone likes it.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-CM7-PORT] G-T-R Reloaded 7.8

Try a reflash or reboot. o_o

Will do, but the same problem exist on two Optimus V's. (clean installs, wiped data, system, Dalvik, cache, etc..)

MD5 of the zip I downloaded is
082485B0AC9BC0B918AB98C259984CDC

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Anyone notice WIFI does not work? Just error's out.
Thought maybe it was a kernel problem. But flashing mrg666's latest test kernel did not help.

Strange thing is, that wifi tethering works...

I just now noticed the same issue so I haven't gotten around to a re-flash yet. For me, only the ROM's built in wifi tether works. When just enabling the wifi or trying to use FoxFi tether, both fail.

Othen than that, this ROM is awesome. Extremely quick, smooth and responsive so far. Love the included wallpapers too.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Odd. Wifi is flawless for me :/

LeslieAnns wipe zips?

No I did not use LeslieAnn's wipe zip (can you link me?). This is the method I have always used when installing a fresh rom.

Select ?wipe data/factory reset
Select ?yes?
Go to ?mounts and storage?
Select ?format /boot?
Select ?yes?
Select ?format /system?
Select ?yes?
Back out of that menu to the main one again and select ?advanced?
Select ?Wipe Dalvik Cache?
Select ?yes?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
No I did not use LeslieAnn's wipe zip (can you link me?). This is the method I have always used when installing a fresh rom.

i follow same method except in mounts and storage i format everything except sdcard/sd-ext..just to be sure.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

this might be the problem
!you should also format boot,cache, data,system!

Data, Cache, and SD-EXT all get formatted when you do a factory reset. (I use Xionia CWMA 1.2518.6). System, boot, dalvik, etc..I always wiped manually. So yes, everything that need's wiped, get's wiped.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

Takenover83: Did you happen to do anything with the 3G Turbocharger tweaks via Terminal Emulator? If so, that may be part of the problem. I just undid my 3G Turbo tweaks and now wifi is working suddenly.

As for wiping, I'm always extremely thorough; factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik, format every option in mounts and storage twice (aside from SD as I don't use any 2ext options) and finally run LeslieAnn's wipe zip twice to top it all off.

Reactions: Badboytoast

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Takenover83: Did you happen to do anything with the 3G Turbocharger tweaks via Terminal Emulator? If so, that may be part of the problem. I just undid my 3G Turbo tweaks and now wifi is working suddenly.

As for wiping, I'm always extremely thorough; factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik, format every option in mounts and storage twice (aside from SD as I don't use any 2ext options) and finally run LeslieAnn's wipe zip twice to top it all off.
Yep, I was suspecting the 3G turbocharger as well. I was actually in the middle of testing, when I seen your reply. Thanks for the heads up, regardless.

Edit:

I think I have wifi working with the 3G script. I turned wifi on, did not connect to anything. Just made sure it was picking up networks. Then I ran the 3G script (Fastest setting for me), and rebooted. After the reboot, wifi was still on and picking up networks. I turned it off, and back on to make sure it did not error out. Then I reran the 3G script just to verify it detected my Fastest settings, which it did.

So maybe turn wifi on before running the 3G script to prevent a problem?

Last edited:

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

After the wifi started working normally, I just went back into the 3G Turbocharger and re-applied the tweak I had originally installed. Wifi's still working. Kinda weird. Hopefully it's that simple of a fix for you, too.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Wifi works just fine. You just have to follow instructions. Make sure you reboot a couple of times after each tweak. the v6 script should do the clean and reboot for you. I have the tweaks and wifi on right now. :p

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I love when people assume if you have a problem, it's because you did not follow instructions ;p
For the record, I rebooted after each tweak (and after the first boot, as instructions noted). And still hit the wall. Either way, if someone else hits the wall now they can learn from a couple user's experience's for a fix, possibly.

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I would give you a like, but tapatalk doesnt have the option. Lol.

I wonder if it was the kernel, or just something i ported wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam